Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 585 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2022 at 7:39 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 23rd Nov 2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: The world is unpopulated because it makes the world taking more time to make it.
Default David Manaia's City - A Very Massive World Based On My Concepts
Hello!

I decided to start working on my city based on my concepts and it's going to be a very massive world that low-end PCs cannot handle it, OK?

Screenshots, more will be added soon!

Information:
World Size: 2048x2048 (Large)
World Type: Downtown (City)
Requirements: All EPs, All SPs, no Store Content and 1 CC used.
Population: Unpopulated

Custom Content:
There's only 1 CC, later i add more CC because of the lots construction.
Rabbithole Rugs - All EPs - Merged CC by David Manaia: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iu...?usp=share_link
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 1:10 AM
I thought you have a low end PC, from other posts. So how can you even test this? You are having problems with your other worlds, so why would you attempt to make something even less PC friendly?

You need to work on a small world, that you can test and complete. One that makes sense. And edges are not seen. Roads do not run to water, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 9:21 AM
Default Let I Work On This World
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
I thought you have a low end PC, from other posts. So how can you even test this? You are having problems with your other worlds, so why would you attempt to make something even less PC friendly?

You need to work on a small world, that you can test and complete. One that makes sense. And edges are not seen. Roads do not run to water, etc.

I'm going to make a very massive world, that low-end PCs cannot handle it and my low-end PC can handle massive worlds without CC, OK?

The road that runs on water has been fixed, later I will release the very early alpha version on Google Drive for people to test it and see if there's some problems with routing and other problems and I can fix it, OK? And also when I release it, I will add Sim Non Routable and Camera Non Routable to the edges of the world once this very early alpha would be released on Google Drive.
Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 11:13 AM
What happened to Marlame and the TV Maos world? Did you finish them?
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 4:25 PM Last edited by daisylee : 13th Oct 2022 at 6:24 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Manaia
I'm going to make a very massive world, that low-end PCs cannot handle it and my low-end PC can handle massive worlds without CC, OK?

We have seen post after post on this site where you have had problems with the less ambitious worlds and there has been post after post where you have been told your PC often is not adequate to do what you want to do. As Simsample says, you have not completed the other worlds you have started, correct? It is not logical to start something that is a far bigger project and one that will stress PCs even more. Including your one.

And you need to become more familiar with some of the basics of world building before attempting something like this. Put this on the back burner until you have mastered CAW more and have completed a much smaller project well. Baby steps before you can run.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 6:24 PM
Default Projects Still Working, Information About Very Large Project And My PC Can Handle It
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
What happened to Marlame and the TV Maos world? Did you finish them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
We have seen post after post on this site where you have had problems with the less ambitious worlds and there has been post after post where you have been told your PC is not adequate to do what you want to do. As Simsample says, you have not completed the other worlds you have started, correct? It is not logical to start something that is a far bigger project and one that will stress PCs even more. Including your one.

And you need to become more familiar with some of the basics of world building before attempting something like this. Put this on the back burner until you have mastered CAW more and have completed a much smaller project well. Baby steps before you can run.

The Marlame and TV Mãos Neighborhood projects has not been shut down yet, i'm still working on them.

I'm know how to use CAW and i'm a very master of CAW (CAW Skill 10) so don't say that i don't know how to use it.

My project is going to become very large like (398 MB) that other very massive worlds that we don't have that large size, as matter as my PC can handle or not, it is going to make it handle it anyway and i fixed all of that problems and i know that my PC cannot handle it and IT WILL HANDLE IT! Sorry for that large word i did type.
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 6:33 PM
Oh, that's good that you are still working on them. I look forward to pictures of your progress! Are you going to upload them here to Modthesims?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 6:36 PM
Default Upload Information About TV Mãos Neighborhood And Marlame
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Oh, that's good that you are still working on them. I look forward to pictures of your progress! Are you going to upload them here to Modthesims?

I don't think there's possibly to upload the TV Mãos Neighborhood because of world file that was used from the very early start of the project, but the Marlame it's going to be uploaded once it's finished!
Alchemist
#9 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 9:06 PM Last edited by daisylee : 13th Oct 2022 at 9:23 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Manaia
My project is going to become very large like (398 MB) that other very massive worlds that we don't have that large size, as matter as my PC can handle or not, it is going to make it handle it anyway and i fixed all of that problems and i know that my PC cannot handle it and IT WILL HANDLE IT!

David, I am going to say this and a mod can delete if wanted. You need a reality check. I just looked at the worlds I have in progress now and the largest is 41MB. There is probably no way your PC can handle a world that size or you can even test it. I am not sure anyone can play that. I looked here and Barcelona, which is big is less than half that size. Look at Jericho by Simsample. See if you can find any world available that is playable that is anywhere near that size? I have an i7 and there are a few very large worlds that have been done that do not run that well on my PC.

I have seen people say they will start huge worlds so many times I cannot count. And 99% of the time they are never completed. And when/if they are it usually takes years to do them. I have seen a huge project that multiple very talented Simmers worked on for years that had to be totally scrapped as unplayable.

It does matter if you can play and test and it does matter if others can play the world also. Get something done that is a reasonable goal you can meet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 1:39 PM
Default This World Is No Longer A Challenge To Work On Your Creations To My World
I think people doesn't need a challenge, so i shut down the challenge.

And i'm still working on this world, when the worlds needs to wait another times (But the projects are still active, there are not shut down yet), i could start creating this world once again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 3:34 PM
Default I'm Start Working On A Beach
The beach is smooth, the goodness and the paradise of the beach.

Here's the screenshots:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Nov 2022 at 4:30 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 24th Nov 2022 at 12:31 AM.
Default Alpha Version Is Now Avaliable!
When this world gets goodness in working, this version would be the downloader!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZK...?usp=share_link
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 10:32 PM Last edited by David Manaia : 26th Nov 2022 at 2:22 PM.
Default I'm Did Make A City And A Airport Along With Random Things
The city where the road says that "You need to fly on a couch to see this city". And the airport "Fly to my city to see the best experience in the skydiving, not really sky, only diving"

Here's the screenshots, i know that's too much things, i'm still developing this city.
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Nov 2022 at 11:42 AM
Looking good- I really like that crossed over path in the overview image- looks like a DNA strand!