Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 5:10 AM
The locale of your OS. The game refers to the language it is in as the "language", not the "locale", "locale" pretty much always refers to the setting in the OS. In some locales, it causes this discrepancy in the name of the Documents folder, that OP fixed by manually editing the registry. But there's a much simpler way to fix that, which is to change your locale. Generally you should avoid directly editing the registry, as it's easy to mess things up when you do that. If OP had questions about what I said, they could have asked, but instead other people came in here to incorrectly say that all problems were due to OneDrive and not related to the locale. If you have never been able to load any neighborhoods in order to play the game, OneDrive has not yet had the opportunity to mess anything up, because what OneDrive does is corrupt your neighborhoods by syncing them. No neighborhoods = no corrupted neighborhoods.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If OP had questions about what I said, they could have asked,

They DID ask:

Which was why I was calling you out on this:

If you'd just written what you did in the above post in the first place, OP would have tried what you suggested.

Anyway, it's fixed now, so all moot.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#28 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 11:14 PM
I must have missed that post. All I saw when I came back was another forum member telling that person that I was wrong, so I figured I wasn't wanted here. And I see you've marked my post as "unhelpful" indicating that you didn't think it was helpful at all, despite what you said in your post just now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
And I see you've marked my post as "unhelpful" indicating that you didn't think it was helpful at all, despite what you said in your post just now.

T'wasn't me. The button would be bolded if it was.
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2