Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 11:12 PM
Default Throw me your favorite sims, please
Heyyy!

I've been wanting to start a new neighborhood for a long time. I really love my current neighborhood but sometimes I need something different. I've started different neighborhoods, but I've deleted them all because none of them have been interesting enough, and I believe it's mainly because of the sims that I've created. I always use different templates and I randomize them as much as I can, but they all end up feeling the same and it's hard for me to get attached to them.

Therefore, I was thinking maybe I could use sims that others have already created and it would be quite interesting to have them all as the founders of my new hood. So if you know of any sims out there that you really like (or maybe your own sims that you'd like to share) I'd love to download them and dump them in a new place to live

Only if you're comfortable with sharing of course!!! Thank you!
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Charmful : 3rd Dec 2022 at 1:09 AM. Reason: Added some pics
Default A Bushel of Sims
This is a great idea if you wanna shake up the looks of your sims! I recently added a few sims made by others to live in a new commune-style building in one of my downtowns, and it's been fun!

Here is my folder of sims available to download, not all are in these attached pictures but if there's any you want to see that aren't in pics, let me know and I will see if I can find some! Of course you can and should rename them, dress them and re-style them (make them more MM if that's your aesthetic) however you want!
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 1:46 AM
@Charmful That's super helpful! Thank you I see a lot of really interesting looking sims in there and I'd love to use some of them!

I do want to use these skins @Softlism recommended me a couple months ago when I was searching for a genetic set of skins. I started my current neighborhood with just the maxis 4 and it feels kinda wrong to introduce new ones when the hood is so progressed (like what happened? radiation???). So I'm excited to start using them in this new hood!

I also prefer a more maxis-match style so they might look a bit different, but I'm sure they'll be super cute either way!

I've also been dying to use the Rainbow Blues eyes by -Zol-. They're very pretty and I've only used them for pictures but not for a played neighborhood.

Thank you again!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 2:06 AM
I'm starting playing in a new town just like you and It's my Pleasantview playthough in Pleasant Valley taking place in the 17th century with only one couple settled in so far and it's jusst the spring season of the first year in town so not much is in place yet though I'm really finding building upa virgin town as the sims are living there and watching it grow over time is much more fun that trying to start with a town already built up like I used to do in the past and I always got bored or it got ruined by community lot fighting.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 3:51 AM
I'm going to grab those sims too! My hood is looking pretty stagnant right now and I need some fresh looks to shake up the gene pool. There also seems to be a higher male ratio than female and I could really use some new ladies around town.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 6:04 AM
If you don't think you have it in you to make sims from scratch, Pleasantsim has a tutorial on how to quickly make unique (and nice-looking) sims, with decent results pretty much every time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogUpqPMt0JA

For even more unique sims, get some non-default face templates to widen the selection.

You can randomize these again with CAS by combining two sims and rolling the pacifier.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 6:30 AM
Hi! If you're looking for new unique faces and ethnical diversity in your neighborhood, I have created a townie pool inspired by characters from the MySims videogame series! If you've played any of the MySims games (Kingdom, Agents...) you will probably recognize them!

This townie pool includes 32 sims and it's completely CC-free, so you don't need to download any custom content to use it. There are two versions, one where the sims are added to your family bin and another one where they are already townies, so they will roam around community lots and you can befriend them, date them, invite them to live with you.

Here's the link to this townie pool: CLICK!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 7:22 AM
That townie pool is a genius idea. I might even make one that way myself!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:25 AM
Khal Ulti, thank you for sharing that!! I have my favourites among the minor MySims characters and they are all there .
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 3:29 PM
@Khal Ulti Thank you! This is the kind of thing I'm looking for! Really awesome for you to share these sims

I'll definitely be using some of these! I'll be using them as playables instead of townies though, because I don't think I'll be using townies for this hood.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 3:32 PM
@simmer22 I really do love that method! That's what I used for my current neighborhood and others that I've attempted to start. I've created some really awesome and interesting looking sims that way and it's a really fun process, too! I switch up different templates, even maxis ones and non-defaults and it works like a dream.

This time I just wanted to do something different, and I thought it'd be fun to use sims created by other people so I kind of get a feel of "oh I just met these sims and I didn't have a say in what they look like", you know? I kinda just want to take them and use them lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 3:35 PM
@Aspersim I downloaded a bunch of non-default face templates and I really do love the extra diversity it gives the game. For this new neighborhood I don't want my sims to look similar to each other, I want to achieve as much diversity as I can, so that's definitely a good idea! I'm just looking for sims made by other people to give my gameplay a feel of "I had no say in what they look like, this is just they way they are" hehe.

Thank you for the advice :D
Mad Poster
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 9:14 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:33 PM.
Do you think you could find a place for Ashley Morley, a gay teen Romance boy, who hails from Veronaville?

Ashley comes from Veronaville but hasn't been able to a place there. He'd like to see the world.

He is Gay, Romance and Saggitarius.

His personality is:
2 Neat
3 Outgoing
8 Active
7 Playful
5 Nice

His Turn-ons are Swimwear and Underwear, and his Turn-off is Vampirism.

I'm just getting his bags packed so I can send him to you. He'll bring some extra clothing with him.

Thanks for your forbearance while I fixed this post. It might have been easier to just delete it and start again!!

Ashley was originally made in CAS while "rolling the pacifier". Then I remade him in Body Shop so I could share him with you. He's fairly typical of a crowd of gay teens in Veronaville, but I'd be surprised if you've got anyone quite like him in your game already! I think he'd probably add something different to your neighbourhood. Do you think you'll be able to offer him a good home? He says he'd love to meet you and your Sims.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:18 PM
@Khal Utli -I've downloaded the bin version of your townies in case I wanted a townie pool for my town though I just keep them for playable townies for when my younger sims need to get married in a time when fewer babies get born.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:56 PM
@AndrewGloria Oh! I'd love to have Ashley in my hood! That's so sweet of you to share him with me! He'll definitely have a place in this new neighborhood!

Thank you again!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 1:09 AM
I'll get him to you once we get all his stuff packed. It might be Monday.

I've done this sort of thing before and it feels to me like it must when a real teen goes away on his own for the first time. Making sure he's got everything he needs, worrying that he's making the right choice, and hoping that he's happy when he gets there. Thinking that they're quite tough but worrying that they're maybe not quite as tough as we/they think. Can't help loving them.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 1:16 AM
I'll add him to my game too when you're ready to share. I think he'd fit right into my hood. I'll take good care of him, promise! I've got a wave of kids and teens growing up so he'll have friends to hang out with.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 1:55 AM
@AndrewGloria I feel that so much haha. I love some of my sims so much and I love seeing what they're up to and what they decide to do with their lives.

I'll wait for him, but also no pressure! There's still some work I want to do to the hood before dropping the sims in. I'm making a new downloads folder so I'm searching for some new stuff, and I'm still searching for the map I want to use for it.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 10:00 PM
I just got my community lot and homestead set up in my Pleasantview game before moving my one couple in to begin live play and will slowly play them though as the community service center is under constriction and have my couple build their home on the lot.I'm building the rest of the town up as I play though it.I've already strted live play and am having fun with building a town from scratch as my couples begin settling in.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elledee
I'll add him to my game too when you're ready to share. I think he'd fit right into my hood. I'll take good care of him, promise! I've got a wave of kids and teens growing up so he'll have friends to hang out with.
Sorry @Elledee , I feel oddly queasy about sending the same young Sim to two different new homes at once. Might you consider giving a home to another boy hailing from Veronaville?

How about Mike Fawcett?
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 9:12 AM
Ok, I'll throw me in, although I do have CC attached (the glasses, I do believe.)

Please take good care of me. I'll be good!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/buvr....Sims2Pack/file

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Sorry @Elledee , I feel oddly queasy about sending the same young Sim to two different new homes at once. Might you consider giving a home to another boy hailing from Veronaville?

How about Mike Fawcett?

Sure, that's fine. The hood I'm playing know was originally Veronaville but I renamed it to something else about a year ago. It's like one big soap opera there, so I think he'd fit in nice. And I'll take good care of him. There's about 20 teens in my hood right now (I think), so he'll have other kids to hang out with.

I'll have a look through my sims and see if I've got anyone interesting to share. I make a variety of sims, from the very average/normal looking to the outrageous. I'll see who I've got, whether they are sims I've made or were born in game and need to be extracted. I'm sure I have somebody to share amongst my crazy bunch.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 4:55 PM
I had a look through my saved sims and decided on Alicia Peacock. IIRC she was originally generated in my TS3 save as a fairy, so I made her as a regular sim for TS2. I had given her the family aspiration but feel free to give her whatever aspiration, personality, clothes, etc. you want. I thought I had packaged her without CC but I forgot about her hair and didn't notice she had makeup on in Body Shop, so that will be in the package, her hair and makeup. I did, however, dress her in Maxis clothes. Give her a total makeover if you want.

https://simfileshare.net/download/3581202/
Scholar
#25 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elledee
I had a look through my saved sims and decided on Alicia Peacock. IIRC she was originally generated in my TS3 save as a fairy, so I made her as a regular sim for TS2. I had given her the family aspiration but feel free to give her whatever aspiration, personality, clothes, etc. you want. I thought I had packaged her without CC but I forgot about her hair and didn't notice she had makeup on in Body Shop, so that will be in the package, her hair and makeup. I did, however, dress her in Maxis clothes. Give her a total makeover if you want.

https://simfileshare.net/download/3581202/

Help !
I just downloaded your beautiful sim, and wanted to know if you have a link for her gorgeous skintone ?
Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Page 1 of 2