Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 7:09 PM
Default Disabling fur 'scrunching' while wearing collars/accessoires
Hello everyone! A few other creators and I are interested in creating more accessoires for pets, particularly cats and dogs. Our spirits are somewhat broken however since any accessory that is not a collar (see: everything we want to make) causes the fur to bunch up, making the accessoires only look good on hairless cats.

Now, I'm willing to dig into the code and find what exactly is responsible for this. I assume it has something to do with what's also responsible for the fur length/location sliders (like 'fluffy tail' and such). Unlike bone sliders I've never seen tools to play with this, however, so I'm not sure where to start looking. I could technically waltz through the entirety of the Pets code, but I doubt it's as simple as finding a line called 'COLLARSCRUNCH_TRUE'.

If anyone has any idea on what to do or where to look, any help would be greatly appreciated

One thing I've tried is looking through the CASP with the Sims 3 package editor, and creating custom sliders to minimize the fur bunching, but with no luck on either front so far

(an example of one of the accessoires I'm working on, looking rather painful with the poor thing getting force-choked)

P.S: I hope this is the right place to post this thread. I considered CAS creation but it's technically nothing to do with that. Let me know!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 8:11 AM Last edited by aspenrose : 17th Sep 2023 at 12:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by EaselSim
Hello everyone! A few other creators and I are interested in creating more accessoires for pets, particularly cats and dogs. Our spirits are somewhat broken however since any accessory that is not a collar (see: everything we want to make) causes the fur to bunch up, making the accessoires only look good on hairless cats.

Now, I'm willing to dig into the code and find what exactly is responsible for this. I assume it has something to do with what's also responsible for the fur length/location sliders (like 'fluffy tail' and such). Unlike bone sliders I've never seen tools to play with this, however, so I'm not sure where to start looking. I could technically waltz through the entirety of the Pets code, but I doubt it's as simple as finding a line called 'COLLARSCRUNCH_TRUE'.

If anyone has any idea on what to do or where to look, any help would be greatly appreciated

One thing I've tried is looking through the CASP with the Sims 3 package editor, and creating custom sliders to minimize the fur bunching, but with no luck on either front so far

Hi! If you change the clothing type from "PetBridleCollar" to "PetSaddle" in the CASP file in s3pe, the fur will not scrunch! It does make accessories clip into the cat's body, but maybe with enough fiddling around you could make it look good. I think its worth a try, if you havent given up on those accessories by now!
https://imgur.com/a/Txi0MWQ

Also, you are correct in assuming it is tied to the fur sliders. In the files there is a version of each fur type that says "collar" after it. I assume when you have any accessory from the PetBridleCollar section on your cat, it switches over to the collar sliders?

ETA: It is actually not clipping, I just did not make the cat's fur as short as I had thought! It looks just fine