Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

505 Budget Lane - Family Starter House (Under §20K) **UPDATED**

by tkdjunkie Posted 6th Jun 2005 at 1:58 AM - Updated 15th Jun 2005 at 11:12 PM by tkdjunkie

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 2:00 AM
Oh thank you much> I love all your houses! I'm the 1st post!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 4:13 AM
Another great house. Thank you, I love it.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 4:18 AM
I love all your houses too..

Thank you for sharing
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 4:26 AM
Thank you so much for your homes. I have every starter home you've posted so far, and they're awesome.

Not only are they spacious, but my sims have no troubles moving about in them, and they look great to boot!

I have a whole small sub-section of my neighborhood that have nothing but your homes in it.

Thanks again, and keep up the awesome work!
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 10:05 AM
Another awesome starter home to add to the collection. Thank you so much for creating these houses to share with us.
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 3:50 PM
By my count, this is the fifth, not the fourth house you've uploaded. All of them useful and playable.
Thank you for great work! :clap:
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 4:48 PM
Thanks! Another great triumph for bigger families with tight budgets!
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 7:06 PM Last edited by SailorZeo : 11th Jun 2005 at 7:06 PM. Reason: spelling
This is the only house giving me troubles. Five times I tried to enter the lot, and five times my game crashed. I tried pulling it back into the houses bin and replacing it, but it didn't work. I tried reinstalling the house, and it still crashed. Any suggestions?
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 11:13 PM
Do you have University, SailorZeo? I think accidentally included a University window (the round one at the top). That might be what's crashing your game (if you don't have Uni). I can try uploading another version without it, if that's the case.
Space Pony
#11 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 3:53 PM
I suddenly have the urge and need to download each and every Budget Lane home!!! I shall make a new neighborhood for them. Keep them coming! (I have done a search for your BL homes, how many do you have? I have a few of them so far)
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 12:37 AM
I got the same problem as SailorZeo. I dont have the expansion so i guess this must be it. I have all of your other budget lane houses and they all work, but they cost over 1 billion simoleons and they are missing kitchen and bathroom floors usually.. when i save and exit to fix the price they cost a little over 20k so i have to remove things to use them as starter houses.. but again i guess this is because i dont have the expansion..

Dont get me wrong i still love those houses and i only have to make very small modification for them to be usable. Although this particular one crashes my game.

Squeek squeeky squikedy squiken
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 3:00 AM
Yeah, it's the lack of Uni, most likely that's causing it.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 11:13 PM
Okay, a new version of the house has been posted for people who don't have University. I hope it works for you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 2:53 AM Last edited by Brokendrake : 16th Jun 2005 at 5:52 AM.
I'll try it
Thanks a lot

It works fine in my game. I didnt even have to replace missing floor tiles or wall paint! thanks again
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 1:45 PM
I also have the problem of the Budget Lane properties costing over 1 billion Simoleans! Not exactly 'budget' is it?! How do you fix this problem? I don't have university.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twisted Disco
I also have the problem of the Budget Lane properties costing over 1 billion Simoleans! Not exactly 'budget' is it?! How do you fix this problem? I don't have university.

That's a known issue with some houses made with Uni. Just enter the house from the neighborhood screen (without moving a family in), save the game, then exit back to the neighborhood. The price will be reset.

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 1:49 AM
Thank you! I really needed a nice house that dosen't require EP!
#19 Old 9th Jul 2005 at 2:43 PM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for making a non-EP version =)
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 6:18 AM
Thanks! I think one of the hardest houses to make are starter homes because you're on a budget.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 11:44 AM
This house is great! Thank you so much for making this
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 7:01 PM
Thanks! I like this house