Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Mauldaeschle : 26th Mar 2023 at 3:57 PM.
Default The last man on earth challenge Part 1
Hello everyone,

As I have recently watched the series "The last man on earth" I got inspired to make a Sims 3 challenge out of it, because the story literally called out to me, to be played in the Sims 3.
If you haven't watched it, go ahead, playing the story is more fun then
So here it goes:

Preparation:
- Choose a town, that is more of a desert world, not many rivers or lakes
- Delete all the Sims that live in the houses
- Delete all the possible working places, except for the book store, the "grocery store" and the cinema
- Instead you can choose to put in some new places that you feel are fun
- Also place or build a small bar, the main character's go-to-place to be alone
- Turn off aging
- Build, buy or choose a glorious house, that is not in the middle of your town
- Place a dark blue car that's closest to a pick-up truck there
- The house also need a pool

Making the main character:
Name: Phil Miller
Looks: He needs to have a beard and brown hair, but otherwise you can go wild on the details, just make sure he looks like he doesn't shower and doesn't take care of himself
Traits: Slob, Insane, Sense of humor, Flirty and Unlucky
Lifetime wish: Heartbreaker

Last preparations:
- Let Phil move into the big house
- Make him have infinite money by cheating
- Be sure to call the newspaper people, so they don't deliver to you

Gameplay:
- Phil seems to be the last man on earth, so there's things that are limited:
- Phil cannot eat something with dairy in it, because it will be spoiled
- The electricity doesn't work, so don't cook, turn off the lamps (replace them with candles) and don't shower (bathing is okay)
- For the sake of playability, Phil can still use toilets
- For a more realistic situation, you can add bush toilets outside, that you can download on simszoo
- From the fridge, Phil can only eat quick meals
- As Phil does not feel any commitment, he is not allowed to clean up or clean anything in or around his house, he also just replaces broken things, like toilets or baths (yes, it will get really bad very quickly)
- Let him live in the town for one week
- Make him have as much fun as possible, staying true to his lifestyle of not caring about anything or anyone
- If you see another Sim, just delete him or her by cheating (When you're in the main menu, use "Testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheating space, then when you're in-game, you can right-click a sim and delete it)

I hope you have fun!
You can find the next part of the challenge here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=675358

Thanks for improving this challenge go to:
LadySmoks
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 4:54 PM
If there are plumbing issues, here is a bush toilet. There is also an all in one bush, but requires ITF (I think). I actually place toilet bushes around various towns! Do not remember, but I also think there may be a waterfall shower on this site...

toilet bush

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2023 at 7:23 AM
Great idea
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
If there are plumbing issues, here is a bush toilet. There is also an all in one bush, but requires ITF (I think). I actually place toilet bushes around various towns! Do not remember, but I also think there may be a waterfall shower on this site...

toilet bush

Hey, that's such a great idea! I will definitely add it to the instructions!