Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 11:18 PM
Default Lots with Seasonal Decor
I will do a separate thread on this so this is not buried and we can discuss just this here. First, here is post from theSims1Depot to help prevent crashing at 3am transition:

@LemonyLin @daisylee

I've never had this issue of the game crashing at 3AM (the time when lots are supposed to change decor), so I'm wondering if the crashing being talked about isn't due to one of the following:

1. Seasonal objects accidentally overlapping with common objects
2. Too many seasonal lots with too many objects
3. Not using "lock objects into place"
4. One or more of the lots glitching, whether from MOO or just a spontaneous thing
5. Certain objects not doable on seasonal lots (I vaguely recall a fire pit or some other object causing issues)

If the whole issue comes down to too many seasonal lots with too many objects, a suggestion I have is to "stagger" when lots change. Remember, lots don't automatically switchover on the first day of the season. There is a one day grace period called "construction," in between the seasonal changes. If you don't place any object for the construction version of the lot, it will immediately convert on the first day of the season, with all of the seasonal decor. However, if you place one or two objects for the construction version of the seasonal lot, it will convert to this "plain" version on the first day of the season, then switch over on the second day.

If you're following me so far, hopefully you can understand what I mean by staggering the seasonal switchover. You can have some lots switch over on Day One, and other lots switch over on Day Two. For example.

1. It's Day One of a new season. Lot #1 has seasonal decor, but no objects placed for "construction." On Day One of summer, it immediately loads all of your summer items.
2. Lot #2 has seasonal decor, but has three park benches and two picnic tables placed for "construction." On Day One of summer, it switches over to those three park benches and picnic tables. On Day Two, it switches over to seasonal objects.
3. Lot #3 is like Lot #2. It has a minimal of items for "construction", so that on the first day of summer, only those items will load.
4. Lot #4 is like #1. It has no items for "construction", so that it immediately switches over to all your summer decor on Day One.

By using this method, you prevent this issue of all of your seasonal lots changing all at once at 3PM. Here is more information on the topic, posted by SimGuruGraham: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...nal-lot-markers
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 11:19 PM Last edited by daisylee : 3rd Jun 2023 at 11:29 PM.
and as I posted in the other thread:

This is all VERY good information! Thank you. Originally I wanted to do the whole town but then figured that would cause the fireball in space as someone used to say. So now I am just doing some of the community lots. I think I will move some of the things to construction as I never really understood what that was for. I will check that link also.

I still have to figure out my packs vs. packages issue though as hope to not have to do all the lots twice, one version for me with packages as I use them, and one with packs so custard will pick up the items for a world export.

edit: Darn, that link no longer works, or is not now.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...p?topic=13093.0

I need to reread that. Link no longer works from there either but it looks like info. from him is included.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 6:09 AM
From other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesims1depot
Okay, but just know that the objects that you place in construction will only be visible for one day, because it's the day in between the time a lot switches from one season to the next.

Well POOH! I do not want that! Sigh.... I will have to see what happens when world is done and if too much will just have to trim I guess. Thank you for letting me know.