Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 1:01 AM
Default Fixing an object with parts that "disappear"' when placed next to wall
I'm slowly teaching myself modding and recoloring by making things as I need them or fixing broken things in my game. I have a bed with a headboard that disappears when placed next to a wall. I'm not sure which words to search for to find a tutorial to fix it. Is that considered the footprint? Thanks for reading my newb modding question
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 4:54 AM
Are you sure the headboard isn't so large it just disappears into the wall because of the size? If so, it's a matter of fixing the mesh.

I don't think beds tend to have disappearing items. If they do, they've usually been modded to fit together with other pieces.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 4:52 PM
Yea, if the headboard only disappears when against the wall, then the frame mesh mostly likely needs to be moved. Ideally one would use the existing maxis bed frame to position the new frame. Most objects don't occupy a full tile in game, which usually coordinates to one grid size in Blender/Milkshape. Off hand, counters are the only thing to come to mind that take a full tile. Basically most modular items would.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jun 2023 at 2:57 PM
Thank you both for your answers. I'm going to give it a try - even if I can't get it fixed I'll learn some stuff.