Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers wanted: Medieval fire alarm

by Lethe_s Posted 14th Jun 2005 at 1:28 PM - Updated 26th Dec 2008 at 4:25 PM by -Maylin-

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 1:44 PM
Thank you so much for making this. I play mostly medieval/historical neighborhoods. It's been so annoying to me to have to ruin them with burglar alarms, tvs, etc. I have replacements for radios(birdcage, violin), but we could use a lot more items like this. Again, my thanks. I will have one of my more hyper sims cook something, I have a few that almost *always* start fires. LOL.

That wallpaper is pretty.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 1:55 PM
Very unique idea and very nice! :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 2:39 PM
Wonderful! I do love this Lethe! Thanks a lot and many greetings to somewhere over the Rainbow!
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 3:48 PM
Cool! I can't wait to try these in game.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 4:18 PM
This is wonderfull. finally an alternative to those ugle fire alarms.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 8:39 PM
Nice work, thank you
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 11:01 PM
oo cool <3 more of these diffent kinds of protective runes
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 11:36 PM
I'm with you Jaedle, I'm also a medieval sims player and find it awful hard to find obj for my Nhoods to look authentic and replace objects to fit my surroundings. One of my fav's is putting up a wall tv and center it within the wall (You know w/the cheat) and then put a tapestry in front of it so you can't see it. My sims play games, watch tv and I still keep my medieval atomsphere but I'm so desperate for medieval stuff so all you creators out there, plz have mercy on us folks who like the past better than the present when playin the sims.

Thx so much for the alarms they are great!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 12:54 AM
Very very nice, glad to test and let you know.
Thanks again.
Scholar
#11 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 3:03 AM
fantastic idea - thanks!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 2:39 PM
IT WORKS¡¡ IT WORKS¡¡ Finally in the first try¡ thank you¡
Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 4:47 PM
These are soooooooooo cooooooool. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 6:03 AM
Great! you made it! I'll install them in my medieval neighborhood right away. I can't wait to see what you make next!
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 8:58 AM
These fire alarms look amazing, thank you for sharing them with us.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 10:57 PM
Thank you for giving those firealarms a so much better layout..they are beautiful
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 10:58 PM
Thank you for giving those firealarms a so much better layout..they are beautiful
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 11:13 PM
They had firealarms back then? Anyway, seriously, Nice!
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 8:30 PM
I love these and I use them all the time. Two questions.
1. Would it be possible to do something like this with the burglar alarm?
2. What's your Sim using to MAKE the fire in that shot? It doesnt look like a stove . . .
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jul 2005 at 8:16 AM
southwesternicedtea,
1. I tested a new mesh burglar alarm in my game, that would match the fire one, but it refused to go off when a burglar came
that would need some additional fiddling or something, I don't know. I get too easily distracted by other ideas to work more on that. maybe if someone with hacking skills finds a way to make a working mesh...
2. two words: buyable fire It's easier than waiting for sims to set stuff on fire by themselves. It's on this site somewhere. The buyable fire itself doesn't set of any alarms, but once it spreads...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Jul 2005 at 1:49 AM
Default Creative indeed.
Uhhh Okay. A Medieval fire alarm. Here I thought I had a big imagination. I'll definatly give this a good look-see.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 4:08 AM
Thank you, they are great.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:24 AM Last edited by Evening's_Breeze : 29th Jul 2005 at 9:51 AM. Reason: Stupidity
Ick, stupid me. no wonder I couldn't get the .rar files to work. I wasn't extracting it correctly.

Lol, I'm so sorry if you read my other post. I'm such an idiot. I will go and test the fire alarm out as soon as possible, as well as your other wonderful downloads .

Thank you so much for the download! You are truly a very talented Simmer.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 1:33 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 12:51 AM
Where once we had one choice, now we have 5! Thanks, these are very versatile. Oh, and yeah, they work in game. I had a small fire after I installed this - blaring noise then a fireman, great job. Thanks for sharing!
Page 1 of 2