Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:34 AM
My thoughts are with those that are affected by Katarina. Since I haven't got a credit card I'm not able to donate money and the Dutch Red Cross hasn't got a special fund (yet) for the victims of Katarina. I wish I could do more, but for now my prayers are with the victims of the hurricane and the aftermath.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:39 AM
I would love to donate but I am only 13. I hope everyone that got hit by the hurricane is alright including JWoods.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:45 AM Last edited by SLTyler1 : 1st Sep 2005 at 12:47 AM.
i know here my family is donating to the fund. my prayers go out to JWoods.

edit:

Quote: Originally posted by cwirsing
I would love to donate but I am only 13. I hope everyone that got hit by the hurricane is alright including JWoods.

ask your family to donate, i'm in the same situation as you, if i personal could donate i would, but my parents are donating for all of us right now.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:46 AM
I'm praying for JWoods and his family . I have a brother that lives down by Mobile,Alabama who I pray is ok. For those of you who don't have the means to donate money keeping all of those in your thoughts and prayers means alot to those of us who have a missing loved one.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:55 AM
We are all praying for all of ya'll in this disaster, any word on JWOODS, yet?, and people please realize every dollar sent will help, because it is your dollar multiplied by hundreds of thousands of other donations, don't apologize for not having more to share, God bless you all.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:33 AM
My more Old brother sended 20€ ( like 18$) to the Red Cross...its very unhappy what going in st orleans

But, people, i like too you see a very bad thing appening in my country, actually, im close too lose my house in this (yeah, realy), Very Large number of people Lose house, friends, or a member of family in this...the images spik by the words... 70% OF MY COUNTRY IS BURNED BY THE FIRE! ACTUALLY, WE ARE THE MOST COUNTRY OF EUROPE WITH FLOREST, NOW, WE ARE ONLY BURNED COUNTRY

Well, i cant take better images quick in Google, but, realy, my country is on fire, and, our governement dont do anithing, its all corruption, because, we rent Chopters and Airplanes too Rental Businesses, and, that guys maybe Burn us... All corruption

Search for images, we really burning...
Inventor
#32 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:33 AM Last edited by jms : 1st Sep 2005 at 11:54 PM.
that was quite touching delphy.. i realy hope jwoods and his family is ok.

i cant beleive that the people from new orleans have lost nearly everything they have but will still carry on. i just hope that new orleans get back on there feet soon. i :sorry: for all of them and their families i realy feel for them. :fallen: :grumble: :disagree:
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:35 AM
Baxter is also a hurricane victim
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:39 AM
I am too young to donate. If I was older, I would.
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:44 AM
I sincerly feel bad for those people who are suffering down there. At my school the Key Club is setting up a fundraiser, as well as a blood drive. Now, that I'm 17, I can finally donate blood! I'm glad I can help in any way, even if I can't afford to give lots of money. My thoughts go out to JWoods, Baxter, and anyone else from the Sims2 community, hoping that they are safe.
Test Subject
#36 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:45 AM
I'm a New Yorker who was caught in the nightmare of 9/11 but the roots of my family are in Louisianna where we still have many relatives. Though most of my relatives live in Baton Rouge, one of my cousins here told me that she could only reach one of her New Orleans relatives. Our prayers and support go out to all those caught up in this tragedy.

Thank you, MTS2, for providing a link to the Red Cross and encouraging everyone to do their part. I'll make a donation right now.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#37 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 1:47 AM
No word from Jwoods or baxter yet but I will let you k now as soon as I hear anything from either. Thank you all
Field Researcher
#38 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 3:34 AM
I'm a victum of Katrina and it was torture i live in south alabama. To my luck I got power yesterday and cable today but it still flickers on and off. I'm too young to donate but would if I could. Godd luck everyone.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 3:58 AM
I for one am definately going to be donating to help the people affected by hurricane Katrina. If I had a plane or helicopter I would gladly lend it to help fight the fires in Portugal. I am not sure if there is a fund for donations for that or not...haven't seen one. Fires in Portugal; flooding in New Orleans...Nature is a fickle b***h!
I wish all the best to the people affected by both of these disasters.
Oh and as heartless as this may sound it would be a wonderfully ironic bit of karmic justice if all of the a-holes looting New orleans during this terrible time drowned, preferably under the weight of their illgotten booty.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 4:04 AM
Since my family and I are on a tight budget, making money donations is tough right now so what my children and I are doing is this...
We're in the process of rounding up all of the clothes that we don't wear (or have grown out of in the childrens' case), shoes that are still wearable, toys, anything we can find. We figured anything, no matter how seemingly small, is better than nothing since so many of Katrina's victims have lost EVERYTHING.
For those of you in Katrina's path during the storm and its devestating aftermath, you are all in my prayers and thoughts.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 4:14 AM
God, I wish I could. I wish I could get in a car, drive down there and help. I wish I could give blood, and I wish I could have a allot of money to give to them. But Alas, I'm stuck Miles and Miles away, a 15 year old girl who isn't old enough to skip school and drive down there herself or Give blood (need to be 17, though I've asked to donate multiple times on multiple occassions) Also, I can't give money online, which is why I'm hoping there will be a collection of money in school like we do for unicef. I'm eager and willing to give 20 dollars of my allowence and spare change money (every time I have a few extra dollars left over from shopping, I put it in there, I've currently got $150+...)

If my school doesn't even have SOMETHING for it, that'll prove how jacked up the school board is, Bothering to make a big long assembly about the latest ban on anything that is even remotely keeping us sane, but not even giving us an oppurtunity to collect money for the disastor relief.....
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 4:57 AM
Default Donation
First of all, I would like to express my concern and thoughts for those who have been affected by this horrible hurricane. Every day we see those awful pictures on TV here in Germany and I feel with those poor people. Eventhough I'm living far, far away in Europe it makes me so sad to see this. Only way for me to help was to donate some money.
I hope that this nightmare will soon be over and all families will find new homes.

With my deepest sympathy,

KSBigbird from Germany

Jeep, jeep from Bigbird!!!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 5:02 AM
I have already donated to the Red Cross and we are also gathering up any clothes we don't use (or can't fit into!! :weep: ) and are sending as well. Thank you for the link to the for the animals, I have four cats and I can't imagine what I would do if I lost them...

My heart goes out to all of the victims, they are all in my prayers. I will keep a special prayer for JWoods and Baxter and any other simmers out there.

Please keep us posted on JWoods...

Curiosity may have killed the cat... but it MADE the kitten!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 5:04 AM
Although I can't donate money (Mom doesn't allow. Cold-hearted... I'm just asking for a 1000!), I wish every people there is safe.
Instructor
#45 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 7:45 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all in which endured this tragedy.J woods and baxter are also in my prayers.My husband and I donated, I only hope it makes some bit of difference in the lives of these people who have lost so much.
Test Subject
#46 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 8:30 AM
WOW!!

I am very touched by the wonderful thoughts of the people here at MTS2!

I am from Gulfport, MS. WE were devestated by the storm. I am currently in Memphis, TN and very lucky to have escaped the storm. If not for my husband's family, we would have been there during it. I have not been in touch with my family (mom and step-dad) for 3+days. They would not come and decided to ride out the storm. :smash:

WE are trying to go back tomorrow at 7am. From what I understand, there is not much to go back to. :weep: I'm bringing supplies with me to give to my family and anyone else desperate!

Thank you for your Thoughts, Time, Money and Prayers.
THIS IS WHAT MAKES THE WORLD A GREAT PLACE!!!!!!!!! :wave: :grouphug:

THANKS, you guys, and if you can help...Donate, give blood,...whatever!

By the way, Aug. 30 was my BIRTHDAY, and my Daughter's also (4 yrs old)!
What a crazy B-day!!

If you want to see the pics of destruction, go to www.thesunherald.com .
That is our local newspaper!

Just got a call from brother in law. Him and my Sister and their 3 year old spent the storm in a Truck in the middle of a field, because their house was destroyed. They are OK, need Gas and Food desperately!!

Thank you MTS2 for your support and Prayers.
God speed JWOODS!
Love, MIchelle
Field Researcher
#47 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 10:27 AM
Thankyou gareth075. If I was old enough, I would donate as much as I can. I would also donate blood, I sometimes donate to the Blood....people. Can't remember they're name at the moment. But I have a rare blood type, so that why I donate.

I'm sorry to all the victims.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 10:32 AM
oh god
i m praying a lot for jwoods
please post any report of him as soon as u knw it
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#49 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
JWoods is one of the Simming Community’s most talented artists and modders. He is also a moderator at MTS2, and a loving friend and father. He was in New Orleans with his family as the hurricane hit.

Oh my goodness! Were they not able to leave the area for the duration?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#50 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 12:54 PM
All we can do is hope they were Inge, and if not, hope and pray that theyre still with us
Page 2 of 15