Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#51 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:07 AM
Drakon,

Actually the backend is the same, and the new front page is a LOT lighter on SQL queries that the old one. Essentially the whole thing is a wrapper around the existing system, but optimised, so I doubt you'll find it SLOWER purely becuase of the new design.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:22 AM
Default wow
wow, this is tottaly freaking awesome! I've been here for a long time and seen a lot of change but this by far is the best and coolest. three cheers for all involved!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gesiquea
Sorry, the teacher in me needs to correct your spelling of "Socialize"

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think they substitute "z" for "s" in England, Ireland, etc. for words like maximize or socialize, so in Delphy's case, it is the right spelling.

Anyway, great job on the design, I love it!

You can now find me at the Variousimmers forums in Kaiburr's Empire
Field Researcher
#54 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:38 AM
I was a bit befuddled when I first came on after the new changes but I'm quickly getting used to it. Once again you guys are great. I think I'm most excited that now you can see every dang thing you download under your profile. No more searching. YES!

What you keep deep down inside,
You don't know what will be.
Looking for you in darkened corners,
Descend into madness with me.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:41 AM
Wonderful, wonderful! I like it!

What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:43 AM
Let's see go to mts2 and look at.....?? What is this? Where Am I? OMG what a great new look! Total suprise! Looks great. Good job Delphy and all the mts2 staff.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:48 AM
awesome work delphy, I like the new style of the page.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 2:54 AM
Wow, I leave for a few hours come back and thought I clicked on the wrong link. LOL. This is wonderful, I love it. Great job to all involved. Love the colors, love the setup, just love it. Thank you. Off to explore some more of the changes.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gesiquea
Sorry, the teacher in me needs to correct your spelling of "Socialize"

Oops! Methinks the teacher in you needs a lesson in English and its spelling alternatives: according to Dictionary.Com: Main Entry: so·cial·ize
Variant: also British so·cial·ise /'sO-sh&-"lIz/

Delphy in so many ways you are still the rightous dude! The new site looks awesome. Congrats!

Now if only I could access the adult down loads I would be in MTS2 paradise. So much for turning 25 last week!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:10 AM
w0w! I actually got on and thought someone hacked the site rotfl! Cause they do that hack it and put messages on the index page cause they're stupid. Anywho, I love the look when you come on. It helps newbies not get lost :D

Onyx Sims is now open!
Instructor
#61 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:17 AM
it kinda scared me at first I thought I was on the wrong site but it looks great and I love the change

Geezus, Mary, and Joseph....
visit my yahoo grouphttp://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
and a great forumhttp://www.reflexsimsforum.com/
Mesh Maestro
#62 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:18 AM
Abosolutely wonderful work... The new site is a very welcome refreshing new look... Just great all around... The graphical interface is my favorite... Fine job to all who worked on it...

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Ice Princess
#63 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:29 AM
Very nicely done all.

Home of the Sims 2 InSIMenator.net

Stroke my Llama
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:31 AM
well, it's different that is for sure. When ya'll first started changing things I didn't think I'd like it but it grew on me, I'm sure this will too. I can say thanks for all the hard work that ya'll do for us, it is very much appreciated.

Shannon
Field Researcher
#65 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:39 AM
I was on modthesims2 earlier and now its different. You are constantly changing the site. Now I'm going to have to get used to this new look. I did alittle bit of looking at the downloads and I'm seeing red x's. Its not in every thread but I am seeing it quite a bit. I hope that will get taken care of. Nice to see jwoods on here. I guess he's able to be online now? I wonder how he's doing. The new look of the site is confusing. It is going to take awhile to get used to.
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:40 AM
I don't really like it myself, to be honest. but eh....nice work, anyway.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:50 AM
You guys did a great job on here, very accurate and helpful for new users, but I've to get accustomed to this new arrangement.
I liked so much the idea of "My Downloads", it will be very useful. Thanks
Bjelyja
p.s. at the moment I have some problem to see the thumbnails in the index forums, till 10 minutes ago they was visible, it's me the only one that cant see them now?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 3:59 AM Last edited by catnahat9 : 14th Sep 2005 at 4:02 AM.
Uh, Delphy? I love the way everything seems to be formatted, but I cannot see any of the thumbnail pics. I checked the settings to show thumbnails. I run on AOL and my screen res. is 1024x768. Have I done something wrong? Or is AOL just sucking again?

By the way... Jack, Good to have you back man!!

Alcohol will not solve your problems...But then again, neither does Milk
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:01 AM Last edited by 1LT.CONLIN, EDF : 14th Sep 2005 at 4:04 AM.
hey delphy, i uploadd a new lot a day ago but i never got a message if it was accepted or rejected, did it have something to do with the new site design
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:04 AM
Sweet! Nice work Delphy! I like it, it just takes getting used to just like anything else.
Test Subject
#71 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:10 AM
Its easier to find stuff! And it looks really cool! Mwahahahahahaha

(\__/)/ "What do I look like, a book of quotes??"
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:14 AM Last edited by suziblue : 14th Sep 2005 at 4:18 AM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Thanks for the feedback so far - for those that think the colours too bright - switch to Dark Game Style.

I like it a lot, but I have to agree with pfish, the color is too bright. It hurts my eyes as well. I also don't see an option for "Dark Game Style." These are the only color choices I see:
Am I missing something or do you maybe mean the "Blue Game Style?" I find all three of these choices too bright (pretty though). I found the old MTS2 grey to be very soothing on the eyes.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:16 AM
I like it! I'm used to it already! Delphy is a wonder! It's easy to navigate and find things. I found the three houses I built at the begining of 2005. Awesome work! Three cheers for Delphy!

Slip

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:16 AM Last edited by JasmineVs : 14th Sep 2005 at 4:20 AM.
Heck yeah! bring on Hello Kitty!

Ok the theme is just pink ! where is she!?

Sims 2 downloads at www.simmetrical.com
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 4:28 AM
I think it looks great, but I personally like signing on every day and checking the most recent stuff by just looking on the page. Great job to all the people who made it tho!

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
Page 3 of 14