Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Normal looking NL Vampire

by .::TSN::. Posted 25th Sep 2005 at 2:05 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2005 at 6:20 PM by .::TSN::.

229 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:12 AM
Wow!! Pallid face skin is same more vampire.
Thanks to you game joyfully play.

My sims2 site http://hnote.net
[male clothing, celebrity sim]
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:29 AM
^^ That guy said it better than I ever could.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM
Thank you so much, I've been looking for a normal vampire skintone.

Giles (re: life): Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.

Buffy: Liar.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:05 AM
are the fangs still there? I can't tell by the screen shots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:10 AM
Fangs and all other vampire stuff are still there.. All I did was change skin color and delete red eyes.

And forgot to mention that in those screenshots you can see paleness of vampire compared to normal skin color.

I think that fangs are quite visible in that second screenshot...
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#7 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:21 AM
So this will affect all the vampires in your game, right? Like a default global thing? Awesome. Thank you!!

If you're taking requests, I'd love this new skin tone with bright green glowey eyes instead of red or normal.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:27 AM
Thank you. I have a sim that is well on the way of becomming a vamp but I didn't want to lose his unusual eye color in the process.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:47 AM
Great idea! I have one request. Would you mind making the vamp paler and adding back the red eyes? I think that'd be awesome and I'd be forever in debt to you.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:52 AM Last edited by enchantedw0lf : 25th Sep 2005 at 4:00 AM.
How about the original Vampire skin with realistic adult anatomy and no red eyes for both genders??? That would be perfect!
Inventor
#11 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:55 AM
I would so download this if it made them a bit more pale. My medium skinned girl looks more gray lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 3:56 AM
anyone know what package the overlays are in the normal nightlife install files, i wanna do some tinkering of my own but when i try it atm girls end up getting the guy overlays some how.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#13 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:02 AM
i made this the other day. open this package in simpe, look at each texture. export, edit with whatever program you like, the import each finished one back into package. commit, then save.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...read.php?t=2424
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:13 AM
i think somethings mixed up cause afbodyvampire-pale_txtr doesnt get mapped to adult females, one of the male named ones does apparently.., at least thats what iam getting when editing the files.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:21 AM Last edited by .::TSN::. : 25th Sep 2005 at 4:24 AM.
I found all overlay graphics from EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\3D folder. In Sims07.package-Sims13.package.. Those graphics seemed to be spread between couple packages.

wintermuteai1.. I looked at your package too, but doesnt it completely replace original skins since it doesnt have any opacity? I like to see original skin too..

I'll have to see what I can do about more paleness, darker skin tones just get too pale then if I try to get lighter skin tones to look pale.

And I really havent done much anything like this before, so might be that I've misplaced some graphics, but doesnt probably matter in this case since cant see patterns..
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 4:26 AM Last edited by Bobcatben : 25th Sep 2005 at 5:00 AM.
ill try extracting the overlays and makeing my own package and see if it works then, if not ill have to figure out which file the game is really mapping to it, its eather elder male or teen male.

so, apparently, maxis/ea goofed up and mapped embodyvampire-pale_txtr is mapped to both elder male, and adult female.... i went in and made my own overwrites to the overlays for each gender/valid vampire age and wrote the age/gender code on the backs of them, went in game, tryed each one, and EM was on adult female as well as elder male :S
Forum Resident
#17 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:03 AM
Does it go in the downloads folder?
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnieBonnie
Does it go in the downloads folder?

Yes, I would also like to know where to unzip the files. :3
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:22 AM Last edited by MorriganRane : 25th Sep 2005 at 5:22 AM. Reason: punctuation
So does this change the teens as well? i know some people have tried this but ended up with teen females with the default maxis colored faces ...i tried myself ..never did find the files for the TF faces....

But i'd like a package that gave just a hint of red to the normal eyes. ...and *cough* anatomicly correct*cough* skin

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Forum Resident
#20 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MorriganRane
So does this change the teens as well? i know some people have tried this but ended up with teen females with the default maxis colored faces ...i tried myself ..never did find the files for the TF faces....

But i'd like a package that gave just a hint of red to the normal eyes. ...and *cough* anatomicly correct*cough* skin

I suppose it deppends on the skin you use to make the sim in first place. If it is anatomicaly correct, then the vampire will aslo have anatomycaly correct skin. It has been happening to me...
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:36 AM
way cool
Field Researcher
#22 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 5:59 AM
Finally! Been waiting for someone to do this, thank you!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 7:12 AM
Thanks a lot! If you still take requests, I'd like to get the same skintone as yours, but with default red eyes.
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:05 AM
Really cool! Thank you for this. No more Vampires with red eyes.
But I have a question: In your package is no file for female teen vampire-face-skin. Is it not necessary?

And if possible, I'd like to see my vampires a bit paler.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 9:37 AM
Woohoo! Thank you!

|-| | 7|-|3R3 |)00|)5
Page 1 of 10