With the release of The Sims 3 and various modding tools from the talented ladies and gents of the Sim community, we have seen a huge increase in custom content for the game. Yadda yadda yadda insert more inspiring stuffz hurr.
With new sites popping up left and right, it's hard to keep track of what's where. To to save your minds from information overload, we've started a list of useful content, divided by a theme and/or function. And as an added bonus, this area is also SEARCHABLE - note the search box up above.
This list is in no way complete and is going to be updated periodically. Please note that some sites listed here will require registration to view threads, pictures, or download files. Some have adult content, denoted with (18+) and some items are pay, denoted with ($$$).
Premade sims of celebrities, actors, and musicians.
Anime, story book, gaming characters galore!
Arts & Crafts | Beach, Pool & Tropical | Clutter and Functional Home Decor | Hunting, Fishing & Gardening | Farming & Agriculture | Garage/Attic | Goth | Sports & Exercise | Industrial/Urban Decay | Luxury | Music & Performance | Pubs, Bars, Alcohol & Smoking | Trailer/caravan | Trashed
Classical | Medieval | Western | Colonial | Rococo/Baroque | Regency | Victorian & 1800s | 1900s | WWII | 1950s | Mod era (1960s/1970s) | African | Chinese | Indian, Hindu & Middle Eastern | Japanese | Mexican | Polish | Russian | South Asian | Southwest US | Spanish | Turkish | Venice |
This Content List is brought to you by ModtheSims, as part of the SimsWiki.
Want to Help?
The Content List has been opened to public editing. At one point it was locked for some time due to various reasons including vandalism, adding/deleting categories, pages, etc.
How to Help
If you would like to help add links to the wiki and/or fix broken links, register a SimsWiki username, read up on wiki formatting, and add links to the content. The links should look similar to this:
- * Item Name by [http://insertURL.com Creator (Site/Group Name)]
If there are several versions of an item, by the same or different creators, then they can be listed thusly:
- * Item Name by [http://insertURL.com Creator 1 (Site/Group Name)], [http://insertURL.com Creator 2 (Site/Group Name)]
Some areas use different formatting - if in doubt, check the rest of the section you're working on.
Please list content in alphabetical order.
Make sure your links point to the page where the download is available - not to the front page, or to a page listing top/new/featured items which may change in the future. The only exception to this is flash-based sites or sites which use iframes.
When adding pay or adult content:
- Mark adult content with (18+) - please note that listing purely adult content on the Content List is not allowed - the 18+ marker is for items on sites that may also have adult content.
- Mark pay items with ($$$)
Please do NOT:
- Delete anything - categories, sub-categories, pages, pictures, links, etc.
- Add any new categories or pages - if you feel a new category or page should be created, please use the discussion page and Content List staff will add it if need be.
- Recommendations - You'll notice some content says ''Recommended''. Do not remove, change, or add any new ones - this is exclusively up to staff to decide.
- Vandalize or use profanity - do not post any rude comments, put down other people's content, or use vulgar language in any way.
- Use the Content List for advertising - posting only your own creations, or items solely from a site you post at, is not allowed unless the items are all specifically related to the theme or section in question.
Please only add quality items. All changes can be rolled back at the sole discretion of the staff. Thank you.
If a creator uploads to both TSR (or another site which commonly changes their content's pay status) and their own, or another site, please provide links to the non-TSR site in general; this is to avoid having to go through and mark stuff as pay content if the creator becomes an FA.