|Tutorials by Category|
- CAS Creation With Daluved1: From Start-To-Finish This is a 5 star beginners tutorial.
- Note: This guide is written for use with the CTU program, however it demonstrates how to mesh and texture in general.
- Adding a Pregnant Morph by CmarMYC
- Creating a Custom Bodymesh Package by BloomsBase
- Creating lod2/3 from lod1 GEOM using Milkshape's direct x Tool by BloomsBase
- Basic Mask Editing by daluved1
- How to convert clothes for teens by Anubis360
- WesHowe's Tutorials - Modifying a TS3 Mesh, 3D Meshing, etc.
- Wes H's Merge tools explained - how to use them to create a pregnant morph by BloomsBase
- Transparent Clothing Meshes by CmarNYC
- Creating Bumpmaps for TS3 by Elexis
- Troubleshooting Black Pixels on your Bake by TeanMoon
- Sims 3 Hair Basics by HystericalParoxysm This is a 5 star beginners tutorial.
- How To Create A Proper Control Texture For Hairs by Anubis360
- How to Fix Transparency Issues in Hairs by Anubis360
- Pooklet's psds & textures Pooklet's hair textures and psd files. Scroll down to the pooklet-psds & textures folder.
Makeup & Genetics
- Ambitions Tattoos for Dummies with Adobe Photoshop CS4 or CS5 and Tattoinator by des-demmonia
- Converting an image for tattoos using Tattooinator convert by CmarNYc
- Creating a color tattoo with GIMP and Tattooinator by CmarNYC
- Creating a color tattoo with PaintShop Pro, Gimp and Tattooinator by WolfoftheNyght
- Creating body hair with GIMP and Hairinator by CmarNYC
- Default Replacement Eyes, Plus Changing The Whites by Aikea Guinea
- How to make AmbTattoos by daluved1
- Sim 3 Eyebrows by simmiller
- Creating Default Replacement Skintones for TS3 by Aikea Guinea
- Creating Non-Default Skin Colors by Rez Delnava
- Adding Skintones & Sliders / Replacing Default Sliders by missy harries
- Creating a Pet body shape slider by CmarNYC
- Using Blender to Make Bonedeltas for Pet Sliders by PharaohHound
Pose Those Sims
- (Mini-tutorial) Creating a hider for EA content by whiterider
- Create your own seamless patterns in Photoshop. by Noir_noir at S4S
These tutorial relate to clothing, but are specific techniques, tools, and tips helpful to beginners and more experienced skinners alike, for trying something specific. Some of these tutorials may be written for Sims 2; however the same techniques can be used in Sims 3.
- Texture Glossary and Proper DXT Compression Types
- How to add shadows and highlights
- Texturing With the Smudge Tool
- Using Milkshape to Preview Body Shop Textures - this tutorial is written for Sims 2. You can find Sims 3 example bodies (required for previewing skintones) here.
|Tutorials by Category|