Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#801 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 11:25 PM
Nicked my thumb on something while out gardening/mowing the lawn/cleaning the lawnmower. Didn't feel anything until I washed my hands, so I have no clue when it happened. Was wearing some plastic gloves (mostly to keep dirt and grass off my fingers, not for protection), so whatever it was probably went straight through.

Anyway, I'm in the process of changing workplace (working within the same overarching setting, but in a different place and with a diifferent client group, so to speak), but it's looking like July and August are going to be a bit of a void in that I have little to no clue what's going to happen (directly before the summer holiday was perhaps not the best time, as it's not been quite an A4 way to change job, and everyone is either currently on holiday or going on holiday). My job situation is probably going to get a bit more stable after the summer, though. Just have to sort out some things, because communication is lacking (not surprised there, though). I hate having to sort out things... :/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#802 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 10:38 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Jul 2024 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
I had a shit day.

I was to fast for a blood draw as part of pre-op, which I nearly lost my cool over some mother not keeping her kids in line, and when I finally went to get examined, I had a panic attack.

Worse, I was informed I have an AV block, which means my heart has electric abnormalities. It's benign, but I have to go to cardiology tomorrow to get a doctor to give the doctor a second opinion.

Worse. I think I am about to get my period and the restless night and fasting was just brutal.

I was just not myself.

Update: Went to the cardiologist. Turned out one of my meds was screwing with the results of my EKG. The AI was still learning.

I don't have any issues with my heart as far as it racing in fear or extreme emotional reaction

I was able to pick up something to eat. Also had my once a week caffeine boost.

I cleared the first round of appointments. Round 2 is next week.

I also have to call about my meds for my PCOS as I am skeptical about them. They don't look like my normal ones. I better do that in the morning.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Instructor
#803 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 10:17 AM
Diagnosed as breast cancer(worse thing(?) is, targeted therapy won't work due to its type I forgot what-it-is, so I'll get surgery next week).
Mad Poster
#804 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Diagnosed as breast cancer(worse thing(?) is, targeted therapy won't work due to its type I forgot what-it-is, so I'll get surgery next week).

Best of luck with surgery and have a speedy recovery.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#805 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 8:30 PM
Mom came home with gastritis, a swollen lymph node, antibiotics, the list went on of how she made herself sick and what is needed to feel better.

That's another thing to dread beyond surgery on my mouth.

Yeah. My teeth need work.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#806 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact

Oh no, I hope things go well for you and that the surgery is successful. Best wishes to you.
Mad Poster
#807 Old Today at 1:41 AM
Stressful day. Went to pick up pups from the kennel where they had spent the weekend. They had just been groomed, but I never ordered that. In fact, when asked, I said, "No, no grooming!". They had never been professionally groomed before. Because it's a small family business, I paid for it, even though they offered to not charge me. But then I noticed one of my dogs had a very red eye as I put him in the car. My regular vet is on vacation, so I had to find an urgent/emergency care place. When we got there, the other eye turned red. This isn't red as in lack of sleep, allergies, or conjunctivitis. It looked like head trauma. - bright deep red where the whites should be. The emergency vet ruled out all serious possibilities (thank God!) and landed on stress to the throat/trachea with the result of bruising in the eyes. Probably from fighting against restraints while being groomed. The dog was so stressed. He was whining and unsettled until we finally got back into the car (2 1/2 hours after getting to the emergency vets). He immediately crumpled on the back seat. Needless to say, I was stressed too. Lost a day and a lot of money. Pup is ok, he will heal. I have to figure out what to say to the owner of the kennel since he hires people to come and groom.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 33 of 33