Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 8:08 PM
WHOA !! fin hel thats great but long !!
@helloanni: i think u mite have to turn move objects on to make it work to do this open the consloe and tipe "move objects on"without the speachmarks and if that dont work tipe "moveobjects on" agan with out the speachmarks and then hit enter and that should do the trick hope it works for u
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 11:26 PM
good job, i am a good creator of lots myself, this has very enlightened me for future work.
Thanks again
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 10:33 AM
To use doors etc in foundation walls, use the wall.txt file. do a search for the appropriate thread here, explaining the options.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 6:31 AM
Thank you so much. It's exactly what I was looking for! You rock.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 3:32 PM
Someone help me.....

Many people don't belive ghost,you know why?Because they didn't see ghost.....
Please visit my forum The Simmerz.com
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 3:36 PM
Type "boolProp Testingcheatsenabled true" on your cheat box,then,click at the newspaper while holding shift,then set your job level.Thes cheat will help you to get promotion faster....:P

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Dec 2005 at 2:44 PM
Hey,would you all like to try my uploads?It is moving snowman :D

#34 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 1:45 AM
it is good but it is good 4 windows xp?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 7:53 PM
Gaza,

Save the tutorial from the Maxis TS2 site, and open the tutorial directly from the HD using a browser.

Simsluvr1972,

It's the browser that matters but not the OS winxp.
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 1:28 AM
Can someone help me with this?

I run into two problems,

1. When I am supposed to fix the hole in the ground where I put the stairs, it does not work unless I turn the cheat back on and then fix it, which adjusts the scafold, but I got around that and re-flattened the side again.

2. I can not place a 2 wide tile roof after I have added the second floor walls, from what I can see in the pictures, it looks like the walls you add are supposed to be short, but mine are not and I think thats whats causing the problem here, maybe im just being stupid, but Im not a very good builder, and I've just gotten the game recently.

I can post screen shots if needed.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 9:13 AM
Haruko_36,

Surely, screenshots may help better... :D
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:15 AM Last edited by Haruko_36 : 2nd Jan 2006 at 12:11 PM.
Well thats VERY odd, when I went to rebuild my problem BOTH steps were fixed, I know I did not do anything different, I did it exactly as before. I'll try to finish the whole thing now, and ill see if I run into anything else, but thanks for offering help.

Edit: It worked out nicely, however wall papers don't go like they are supposed to, is there an easy way to take the wallpaper and edit it so it is down whatever it needs to be but still have the regular one at normal height?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 2:52 PM Last edited by niol : 2nd Jan 2006 at 3:30 PM.
:D, yay, it works for you...

I'm unsure if HCP Homecrafter plus is what you need to get the wallpaper done.
But, normally, it's the top of a wallpaper that shows up first on the top of a deformed wall segment, so the lower the wallpaper part it is the more likely it's gonna be missing on a deformed wall segment

So, if patient enough, one can make wallpapers for deformed wall segments of particular shapes.:moose:
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 8:05 PM
This is a very good tutorial, but I've run through it twice now and both times the fourth floor ends up far too low and does not match the pictures at the end (the wall on the third floor sticks through just enough to be seen), nor can the fence on the third floor be seen since the roof is down so low. It seems that some steps are missing.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 5th Jan 2006 at 9:14 AM
Saikatsu,

Can you show a screenshot, so other readers can know better what the situation is like?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 2:27 AM
Didn't really think I'd need a screenshot, since it's a fairly simple description, but okay.

I've noticed missing steps in at least one other place, like at the end of the first part (before the pool)... with the wall around the base. Nowhere is a step included for that, he removes the scaffolding and it's just suddenly there. Minor, I know, but it threw me off for a few moments, then I just went and added it in.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Jan 2006 at 3:07 PM
Saikatsu,

, just think of niol is a slow person. I do need the pic to tell me what you were trying to say...

Just a question, did you level the toppest roof level before you did the levelling on the third floor? If so, that's the cause. It was unnecessary to level the toppest roof level. If not, something else must have happened. That's just for trouble-shooting. :monkey:

Anyway, whenever a critical stage is done, it doesn't harm to make a back-up which you can delete when all the things are done later. But may name the back-up properly for easy organisation later.

There''re 2 simplest ways I can think of so far.
1. The first way is to revert it back to the pre-roof-making stage. This time, do check if the fourth has the supposed height. Then, follow the tutorial to redo the roof.
2. The second way is to elevate the fourth floor and then redo the edge roofs (the 2 rows of tiles outside of the rooms) of the toppest roof level. (see, the following instruction)

Feel free to ask some other lot builders to see if an alternative way to go.

The second way:

Save a copy first, or export a copy first, so you can go back if anything unexpected happens.

1. With en7en's wall.txt setting, I believe you can rebuild the scaffolding easily.
2. Input "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"
3. Place any column INSIDE the room(s) of the pagoda on the GROUND level. (calm down and ignore the chao you'll see.)
3. Now, go up to the floor that's too low.
4. Use the levelling tool to level the whole region where sims will access FROM the elevated grid square caused by the column.
5. go back down and remove the column.
6. re-level the deformed area done by the column on the first "floor" (don't level further than the room inside), then the second, the third and eventually the fourth.
7. Now, you should see the lowered level gets back to its supposed height (or at least a height sims can access) while the pagoda roof' in the region of the room should be recovered . At this point the room and its above are done.
8. redo the edge roof just like the way en7en has shown to make the roof, only that it 's on the toppest level and you need 2 trials instead of 6...!

hope these may help...
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 4:52 AM
Wow. Absolutely amazing. I might actually build something now...

Sweet & Innocent

Until you fall asleep...
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 7:29 AM
I know this is utterly off topic and no where near what you're talking about you might even look at me funny or maybe spit at me, you may even be led to commiting suicide it is really that bad, i'm sorry to say this but..... for the sims i use the credits for names. To get to the credits during family builder just go to options and the credits thingy will be just there i thought it was pretty smart... and for all of you who wanted to kill yourself its not that bad know is it.
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 3:47 AM
Oh I so love you I just used the tutorial to get the gist of some L-stairs but I thank you so so so much and I will definitely thank you again once my house is finished and I post it.

:baloons:

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.

Live life to the fullest. It can be taken from you at anytime without notice or warning.
#47 Old 31st Jan 2006 at 3:52 AM
Well, my hats' off to you!

Very well expained and now for a lack of better term.... I shall see if I can "steal the design"!

Thanks
Field Researcher
#48 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 3:58 AM
thank you for this wonderful tutorial, i only hope someone is still checking up on this...my problem is at the beginning of that instructions where you just turn the bpcfe f cheat on and place the stairs down to modify floor tiles above, i'm supposed to drag my leveling tool across the bottome of the 6th floor, but i have know 'invisible tile' to start...there's nothing there! i'll try to post a picture but i need help...please...
Mad Poster
#49 Old 6th Feb 2006 at 11:03 AM
staciew1,

For the very beginning, you may try to check back post 22... the part about Ralphael's stealth stair to grab the concept first.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...03&postcount=22

If you have some more questions, do ask them.

Quote: Originally posted by staciew1
... but i have know 'invisible tile' to start...there's nothing there! i'll try to post a picture but i need help...please...

If you meant the empty grids/squares, it takes to the dorm tool at the roof tools section to get them out for the base game.back to the days. There was no EP and so no cheat to get that extra level.
If it meant something else, then your pic can tell more, right?
Field Researcher
#50 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 6:19 AM
okay it's still the same problem, but i was able to get around last time, now it's the same problem...i need to level the tiles to the level of the peak (highest point) but i have no tiles on the peak to start from...and i can't seem to get the pictures up even with photobucket... :sorry:
Page 2 of 4