Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#26 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharleeRose
I just thought I'd add what happened in my game. (I think some people will like it alot).

I was working on a lesbian couple and the story I made for them. Well, I wanted one of them to cheat on the other with a man for a short time...

I had her in front of Town Hall and picked a guy for her to flirt with. She goes up and does a flirty interaction and he gets all offended and his "partner" comes over and gives her an earful too. His "partner" (as the game called it at the time) was a man! About a sim week later, I read in the paper that the male couple had an "extravigant wedding ceremony".

So, not only can WE make gay sims marry, the game does it autonimously sometimes too!

Wow, I didn't know that. I haven't played one sim I've created for too long yet, since I've been trying out different sims in order to learn something different about the game each time (which I do), and I have yet to run across any other gay couples yet. I need to play longer with just one sim. Thanks for sharing.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xunixeon
Waaay Different from Missouri's laws, don't ya say?

Now that might piss the religious rights off if we found out that the gays can marry in the game.

Not necessarily, though sadly you may be right when it comes to some of the more vocal among us. I don't wish to drag this too far off topic, but did want to remind folks that there are those of us who lead a quieter, gentler style of our faith. I consider myself a conservative Christian in that I'm very conservative about my own life choices, but I have gay friends and I've had gay couples in Sims before. Knowing that in Sims3 that some sims have preferences of their own seemingly built in, I anticipate I'll be playing gay couples in my towns again eventually, once I get better at managing the multiple sims under one roof.

I see nothing in this that harms my own "personal walk with the Lord" as we Christians often call it. What I decide to do in my life is my own business and what others do is theirs and as far as a game is concerned, if that sort of thing is going to bother me, it doesn't speak very well of me or the depth and strength of my faith if I am that petty and easily offended. War, poverty, disease, abuse, torture of real human beings and animals-- now THAT offends me! Not consenting adults who love each other but happen to be of the same gender.

Christians like me are generally quieter and our views don't get the spotlight like some of the others, but we do exist and we want to see the animosity and antipathy between the Christian community and the GLBT community end.
Inventor
#28 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
That would be nice summersong86. Unfortunately, that may never happen in our lifetimes. There are still too many people that don't have enough to do in their own life that they feel they have to mess with (or control) other people's lives that it will take a while for those type to become extinct or change. Until then, it's nice that there are a lot of more people tolerant of others and don't wish to rain on their parades.
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
Also, keeping this short so as not to drag too much off topic.
It's Christian people like you that make me believe Religion is a good thing for the world. I am gay and have suffered homophobic abuse from Christians in the past. Just a thankyou for understanding that people have opinions, rights etc. That I consider to be true Christianity. Plus you love the sims so your cool by default

LiamHeartsTheSims

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiamHeartsTheSims

Hmm, I think that today I will get some grilled cheese, pee in the store and complain loudly about my light fittings.
Test Subject
#30 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Not necessarily, though sadly you may be right when it comes to some of the more vocal among us. I don't wish to drag this too far off topic, but did want to remind folks that there are those of us who lead a quieter, gentler style of our faith. I consider myself a conservative Christian in that I'm very conservative about my own life choices, but I have gay friends and I've had gay couples in Sims before. Knowing that in Sims3 that some sims have preferences of their own seemingly built in, I anticipate I'll be playing gay couples in my towns again eventually, once I get better at managing the multiple sims under one roof.

I see nothing in this that harms my own "personal walk with the Lord" as we Christians often call it. What I decide to do in my life is my own business and what others do is theirs and as far as a game is concerned, if that sort of thing is going to bother me, it doesn't speak very well of me or the depth and strength of my faith if I am that petty and easily offended. War, poverty, disease, abuse, torture of real human beings and animals-- now THAT offends me! Not consenting adults who love each other but happen to be of the same gender.

Christians like me are generally quieter and our views don't get the spotlight like some of the others, but we do exist and we want to see the animosity and antipathy between the Christian community and the GLBT community end.

lol.. i <3 u o.o
Page 2 of 2