Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#76 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 12:39 AM
Love your lot Bayou... I am not the contest maker but since It's not structural... It functions as a sign so I think that's ok. If I were judging, I wouldn't mark you down for that. Jonesi would have to say what she thinks.

Oh! If you put most of your images within spoiler tags, it will make the pages easier to load. Use this and take the spaces out.

[ SPOILER ] picture link [ / SPOILER ]
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:15 AM
It is purely deco, but it's still a wall. I will have to think about how to breakdown the structure scores. It wont cost you too much since it adds no "usable space".
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#78 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
@ Porkypine
Love your toy shop. Just wondering whether the cash register works at that 45 degree angle? I ask because when I made my music shop I couldn't get the cash registers to work at a 45 degree angle.

I didn't actually ring up anything for the photos but the NPC cashier seems happy with it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#79 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:26 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 25th Jun 2013 at 3:13 AM.
Why not use a half wall? That won't cost you any points at all.

Small question that I hope I can ask here. Is it normal for reflective shiny floors to look blue when you look directly down on them? This is my first time using them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#80 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:09 AM
All right, here's my entry.

Introducing...Duck's Toy Store!

This is the first business I've ever built or played in TS2, but I managed to get it up to rank 4, so I guess I'm doing something right!

This store has three sections and sells ten different items, plus has two video-game racks. The items, along with their origins in game, are:

Toy Section:
  • Sir Bricks-A-Lot (crafted with toy bench)
  • Little Heroes Fire Truck (crafted with toy bench)
  • Clown-in-a-Box (crafted with toy bench)
  • Brink's Kite (crafted with toy bench)
  • Twirl, Spin, and Wobble! (crafted with toy bench)
  • Wet n' Wild Water Wiggler (crafted with toy bench)
  • Toy Robot (crafted with robot bench)

Game Section:
  • Maxis Game Simulator (Buy mode)
The two video-game racks are in the Game Section. There is also a demo Maxis Game Simulator hooked up to a wall-mounted TV.

Playground Equipment Section:
  • Swing Kidz Deluxe Swing Set (Buy mode)
  • Centrifun from Go Play! (Buy mode)

I created this build using all eight Expansion Packs, the Celebration Stuff pack, and no custom content.
Screenshots

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Scholar
#81 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 3:54 PM
Oh no! Is it too late to enter? This looks really exciting. Doesn't look like there's more than ten entries yet, too.

I love all of the entries so far. With such interesting CC. I'm looking at those male models

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:00 PM
You've still got time, Blake. Application/Round 1 is open till July 3rd or 20 contestants, whichever comes first.
Scholar
#83 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
You've still got time, Blake. Application/Round 1 is open till July 3rd or 20 contestants, whichever comes first.

Thank you! I'll be posting pictures before July 3rd, then.

Test Subject
#84 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Love your lot Bayou... I am not the contest maker but since It's not structural... It functions as a sign so I think that's ok. If I were judging, I wouldn't mark you down for that. Jonesi would have to say what she thinks.

Oh! If you put most of your images within spoiler tags, it will make the pages easier to load. Use this and take the spaces out.

[ SPOILER ] picture link [ / SPOILER ]

Thanks Porkypine. I Didn't know how to do the spoiler thing. I'll try on my next entry.
@jones thanks for letting me know. i'll pay better attention next time. I just start on something and if it looks good I want to leave it not remembering the guidelines will pay better attention next time.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:06 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 25th Jun 2013 at 5:24 PM.
It does look good, and I hate to dock, but rules are rules

For "new" contestants who aren't familiar with my contests, you are allowed to edit your entries up until the deadline. As a judge, I can tell you we'd prefer you did it sooner than later, and you should always post that you made edits. I personally try to judge them as they come. So if you edit, make sure to let us know so we can see your changes

Porky, were you intentionally calling me Jonesi? I know you are the typo queen But either way it's funny because I have a cousin who calls me jonesi. Almost everyone in my family has called me Jones since I was little, little. My aunt started it and it's stuck. Sometimes I get thrown off if people use my real name, lol.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#86 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 6:43 PM
For this round I'm not bothering with judging them as they come out until we get to 10 contestants. I have a bad feeling about this one I dearly hope I'm wrong. Come on guys! We need more contestants! Grab your friends!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#87 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:28 PM
Hey Phae, I'm building as fast as I can

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#88 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 7:35 PM
Don't worry! There's still pretty much time to join
At the moment I'm busy with some other sims-related projects (I have to take many, many photos and download even more CC!) and they need to be done until the end of the month. 3 days are enough for me to get on with the contest stuff (it's true... I managed to furnish and decorate the 3rd house - in Pleasantview Makeover Contest - in one day! I was quite (positively of course!) surprised when the round's scores were announced xD)

Scholar
#89 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 9:54 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 25th Jun 2013 at 10:25 PM.
I have my submission!

I present to you... Le Petit Café Rouge. (The little red café) My submission is a Paris themed Café. Home to the city of love, and most beautiful place in the all of France.

Hit "Show Spoiler" to see my pictures. This is my first contest and I really hope you like them, thank you to the judges and a big good luck to all of the other contestants.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#90 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karen lorraine
Hey Phae, I'm building as fast as I can

So am! These rounds are more work than the other contests.
I'm nearly done but I want sims in some of my pictures so that is more to set up as well. I did mention the contest over on my own board.

So did anyone see my question about shiny floors? Is it normal for them to look bluish in overheads?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 10:32 PM
jo, I downloaded some and tried them once and decided I didn't like them. If I remember correctly though, yes, they are bluish in overheads.

Blake, that's a nice Cafe. Welcome, just making sure you realize, this contest has 3 more rounds. Since it's your first contest, just want to make sure you know how it works .
Scholar
#92 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Blake, that's a nice Cafe. Welcome, just making sure you realize, this contest has 3 more rounds. Since it's your first contest, just want to make sure you know how it works .

Thank you for telling me, and being so nice. You just made my day

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#93 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 10:44 PM
Jones, I've found some floors with shine that I'm going to try out today as reflective floors are rather too shiny for my liking. I'll have to see. So long as I don't get docked for poor colour choice because of how they look in overheads. The floor is a dark wood not bluish. I think in RL floors that shiny would make me dizzy.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:16 PM
I wouldn't dock because of the overhead. sxybayoubrotha's floors are reflective and look bluish from overhead, but they are clearly black from other angles You're good to go, jo.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#95 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:42 PM
Thanks jones. I don't think her floors look as different as mine because hers are black underneath the mirror. I have one more thing to check out and if that works I should get my pictures done today.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#96 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 4:54 AM
Hey jones I changed my entry's first picture I don't want to start off on the wrong foot so I changed the front of the building and had to change the name.
Now it's CHANEL..........
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#97 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:04 AM
Thanks, now I don't have to dock you The other did look very nice, but this way looks very nice too
Field Researcher
#98 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
]I have a bad feeling about this one I dearly hope I'm wrong. Come on guys! We need more contestants! Grab your friends!

Relax Phae, there's 5 entries in and at least 3 more on the way...it'll be fine

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#99 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 6:16 AM
Mine will be another day as I can't find my diner setting.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#100 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 4:13 PM
Hoping there will be a spot for on that list
I'm almost done and keen to post some pics.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Page 4 of 50