Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 3:52 PM
do u have to download a 3d thing or somethig? mine is stupid lol
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 2:02 PM
I'm really sorry if I'm pissing everyone off or anything but the MTS2 meshtool isn't working, so I can't import any of my meshes. It says the file "MSVBVM60.DLL was not found." when I try to open it. I was wondering if it was a problem with the mesh tool or my computer. I've tried re-downloading over and over but still the same.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#228 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 3:06 AM
Looks like you need visual basic
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

If the link doesn't work - go to microsoft and search for 'visual basic 6' there's a free download that will let you run programs created with visual basic.
Lab Assistant
#229 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 1:23 PM
[QUOTE=Miche]are you trying to export a object which doesn`t have any subgroups (when you click on a object in the objects list, does a number other than "0" appear in the box below it (called "numb sub groups" ) if so this mean that object doesn`t have any bones /sub groups. Currently the mesh tool will not export such objects to a smd file (as the smd file needs vertices to be assigned to a bone), however I will be posting a new version soon which will create a "dummy" bone and assign all vertices to that for objects which don`t actually have bones in them, allowing them to be exported to smd files. ]

Hi ! I need some answers : I tried to make a lot of meshes and I always have the same problem my gmdc files always have "43" numb of subgroups in Meshtool, so I can't export smd well. I have tried 3 different meshes. So must I work with obj files in milkshape ? :gonemad:
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 1:51 PM
Or do I better have to follow Neptune Suzy's tutorial to make meshes well ? (And does Dr Pixel's Successful Body Mesh Edit work with this tutorial ?)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#231 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:53 PM
babboo specifically which meshes have you tried? (and do you have the most recent simpe?) have you been trying, this seems quite odd.
Unfortunately, there is still no 'unimesh' tutorial that I'm aware of - but if you use Neptune Suzy's bodychop tutorial and where it has you use Wes' bodychop, use Unimesh (and follow directions in Unimesh thread, ignore Suzy's) you will get best results.
Test Subject
#232 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Looks like you need visual basic
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

If the link doesn't work - go to microsoft and search for 'visual basic 6' there's a free download that will let you run programs created with visual basic.

Whuuh-huh-hay!!! It works!! :wave: :wave: :nod: :nod:
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 3:21 PM
Tiggerypum, I used afbodyunderwear, afbodysundress..., afbodyovershirtsandals. Yes I have SimPE #0.54 . Yes I tried unimesh plugins with suzy's tutorial but I wanted to try another way to have a more beautifull mesh but have problems with everything I tried !! what do you mean writing "this seems quite odd" ? (don't understand!). I'll try to follow unimesh thread ...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#234 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 8:19 PM
Hmm, those are very basic meshes, and I've modified several original game meshes with no problem whatsoever with this tool.

Why I said it was 'odd' is that I have not seen the behavior you're reporting reported by anyone else. I am going to need to do some testing and see if I can reproduce the problem, but alas I have a job and other obligations and not as much time for simming as I'd like.
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 1:32 AM
So Tiggerypum ... Here is the .smd I tried many times (#1)
and a mesh I did with unimesh pluggins in milkshape (with neptune suzy's and dr pixel's tutorials) (#2)
and the GMDC file (I used to make #1) (#3)
Thank you !! Hope you took some time to play OFB !!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  baboo_smd_afbodyunderwear.rar (44.1 KB, 13 downloads)
File Type: rar  baboo_GMDC_afbodyunderwear.rar (91.6 KB, 11 downloads)
File Type: rar  MESH_baboo_toppantbottescomp1_160206.rar (92.8 KB, 13 downloads)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#236 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 7:59 AM
Babboo, I opened the smd file you posted (which oddly says something about being a single bone for milkshape - which is not going to get you good results in xsi modtool. You *want* multiple bones) Indeed what I opened up in xsi modtool looked like 2 green x's. very confusing.

So, assuming you want to use xsi modtool, I followed the directions using your gdmc.

I ran meshtool. I clicked the 2nd button and read in the gdmc file.
I selected the 3d option from the menu. I clicked 'edit groups'
I clicked the word 'body' so that it was highlighted.
I clicked export smd.
The window popped up, I did multiple bones.

That smd file loads into my xsi modtool perfectly. I'm attaching it here, it's just a nude female smd. See if you can read this one in.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  babbootigsmdforxsi.zip (64.5 KB, 15 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 9:15 PM
OK your smd loads well in my modtool !! Thank you for that !
So the problem comes from my Meshtool, I think, because those steps are what I always did, and I tried once again following your text and... the same 2 green x's! (with another gmdc file). So I have 2 questions : When you opened meshtool and the 3rd option did the mesh shows up in the view ? In my meshtool it doesn't, and did you see "43" in the "num sub-groups" under objects ? I have to reinstall meshtool well in my pc ... (I did it twice in vain)
Thanks again !!!
Test Subject
#238 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 10:00 PM
Please help me- this is kinda stupid but whatever...i downloaded the MTS2 mesh tool, but i have no idea what to do after i open it. i browse for files and stuff but i can'y really do anything. how do i start a project so i can create a new mesh and/or recolor something?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#239 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 2:58 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 14th Mar 2006 at 3:04 AM.
Kniggit:

Tutorials. In the beginning of this thread is a link to a step by step tutorial, although SimPE classic is being discontinued, so we're going to need to update the info in it. At the top of this section, is a big area with the header 'tutorials'.

Babboo:

I'm at a loss. As you've reinstalled and it's still acting up, I wonder if the problem is with the visual basic aspect. There's a link for how to get visual basic from microsoft in the first message (I think I edited that in). Can you try and make sure you have the most up to date version
Lab Assistant
#240 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 4:06 PM
can someone tell me this, ok i downloaded the simPe,milkshape, the Wes>>plugin was not avaliable because he has disscontinued it for some reason i don't know. and ive also downloaded the visual runtime for to be able to operate meshtool etc, But when the meshtool was opened up with WinRAR i noticed that there were > the meshtool application in wich i downloaded it to my desktop and also another file called obj_pinfo.dat>>can someone tell me if this file goes on my desktop or is it suppose to be placed in meshtool itself. you will have to excuse me cos im making my first attempt to start trying to learn how to make meshes whether it be hair or clothing. The only thing I am familiar with and have done using the Body shop is recolor meshes but as far as making them....i need a lot of help. So if any of you guys can assist me it would be appreciated.
#241 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 5:00 PM
Is this possible to do on a mac?
Test Subject
#242 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 11:47 PM
Hello, I tried for the first time to modified a MESH, and every things was ok unless I had to use the meshtool.

Indeed, in Brianna's tutorial, it is said

34. click on "sims 3D fil"

but there is not this option, there is just "load 3D file". I tried whith the last one, but it didn't worked, when I am in the bodyshop, I anly see the old mesh, and not the one I modified (with a bigger chest and without the hanging thing in her back).

So I was handering if anyone could explain me what to do, or tell me if the meshtool I downloaded is the good one (is there any other meshtool?)

Thank you!

(Sorry for the mistakes, I am french ^^')
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 22nd Mar 2006 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Kniggit:

Tutorials. In the beginning of this thread is a link to a step by step tutorial, although SimPE classic is being discontinued, so we're going to need to update the info in it. At the top of this section, is a big area with the header 'tutorials'.

Babboo:

I'm at a loss. As you've reinstalled and it's still acting up, I wonder if the problem is with the visual basic aspect. There's a link for how to get visual basic from microsoft in the first message (I think I edited that in). Can you try and make sure you have the most up to date version

I did it but still the same !!
I really don't know where the probleme is !! SimPE ? But if you did it successfully with the gmdc I did, SimPE isn't the problem... I'm lost ...
Test Subject
#244 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 7:18 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 25th Mar 2006 at 8:53 AM. Reason: excessive smilies spam removed
Default Plese help!!!
:wow: I luv the tutorial but when ever I download SimPE: it never works please help
Me.I really want to be able to design the stuff.
Please
Emmar150
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#245 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 8:54 AM
Emmar 'it never works' doesn't help us help you. I can't look over your shoulder. If you can't get SimPE to download or install, I suggest you ask for help at the SimPE site.
Test Subject
#246 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 3:05 AM
Thank you sooooo much, I was putting off doing objects where you add gmdc, for some strange reaspn, but when I wen tthrough your tutorial I realised how easy it is, thank you
Test Subject
#247 Old 2nd May 2006 at 4:07 PM Last edited by mommablade2000 : 2nd May 2006 at 4:19 PM. Reason: found answer
I'm trying to import the mesh I created for a dresser using Milkshape 3D, using the tutorial above (Method 2). When using the Mesh tool, I am in 3D view and load the mesh (step 4), it tells me how many "pieces", I click OK, then I'm getting this error...

Run-time error '481':
Invalid Picture

I exported my .obj file as per instructions, but for some reason it's not working now...it worked fine yesterday! (no, I do not have automatic updates turned on, have not made any changes to the computer, and have rebooted)

Any ideas?

Sorry...read a post in here I missed, and got an answer
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 2nd May 2006 at 11:30 PM
Thanks very much! I was wondering how to make body meshes. Thanks once again! Love this

:)*- Pringle Chips
#249 Old 3rd May 2006 at 3:08 PM
thzzz so much,,!!!
Now i canmake what i hope!!!
Test Subject
#250 Old 6th May 2006 at 2:25 PM
Default Thank you!
Thank you! :google:
Page 10 of 14