Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#251 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:54 PM
It's easier for me to cry about animals, but they're not exclusive- I get choked up at movies all too often, and it's something of a source of ridicule among my friends and family. No movies make me cry more than Atonement, The Fountain, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

I can hardly watch mistreatment of animals in movies. It was all that I could do to get through Hidalgo, and I got teary watching the horses get trampled and shot in Lord of the Rings.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#252 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:38 PM
Me too. You know those infomercials about animal abuse with Sarah McLaghlan? I have to change the channel because they're too sad.

When I play a game (that isn't open-ended like the Sims), I have to do two playthroughs: one without a walkthrough to experience the storyline and then one with a walkthrough so I can find all the secrets/achievements.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Scholar
#253 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:50 PM
I don't really play any games apart from The Sims (hee hee!) But I remember when Mum played Myst and I watched her we had to go through and try all the endings (with a cheat sheet). Some of them were scary :O

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Scholar
#254 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 1:52 PM
I don't really play any games apart from The Sims (hee hee!) But I remember when Mum played Myst and I watched her we had to go through and try all the endings (with a cheat sheet). Some of them were scary :O

When I'm reading a book I imagine it playing out in my head as a movie. When there's a development that can't be achieved through dialogue or visual effects (such as a character realising something, or the author describing something that can't be seen, or whatever) I get frustrated trying to figure out how to incorpoorate it into the movie. It really annoys me.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Top Secret Researcher
#255 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 8:10 PM
I don't read that way, although it seems like an interesting approach. I tend to narrate my everyday life in my head, however, and I get frustrated when I can't find the right words to describe something.

I have to have something to read in the bathroom, whether it's a novel or the back of a tampon box.

Alchemist
#256 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 8:19 PM
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read back of boxes/packets too, when I have gone through all the mags in the loo.

When I use the stairs, it HAS TO be the right leg first that goes up/down the stair first.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#257 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 8:25 PM
I don't have a preference.

If I take a bubble bath, I have to have a book to read. Just sitting in the tub bores me to death.

Field Researcher
#258 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 8:47 PM
Me too, usually a magazine though because I'm quite prone to dropping things in the bath and soaking them... xD

I don't like quiet music on in the background. It either has to be loud or not on at all.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Field Researcher
#259 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 9:04 PM
Never really thought about it. So I guess it doesn't bug me.

I hate baths because it weirds me out that everything from feet, to butts, to soap scum, to who knows what else has been in that tub.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Alchemist
#260 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:24 PM
nope

I have a thing about boys' long hair. They.must.be.short.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Alchemist
#261 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 9:18 PM
Yep.

Both of my feet have to take the same amount of steps on a surface or I feel weird. Even with shoes. 0_o
Rubric Wrangler
retired moderator
#262 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:29 PM
Uh, no, don't think so.

I find geometry okay and actually kinda enjoyable, but even simple arithmetic like multiplication confuses me completely.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#263 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:30 PM
Yes, I'm exactly the same.

I always have to fiddle with something. If I'm sitting there, my hands have to busy somehow.
Alchemist
#264 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 6:21 PM
yep

I try my best to listen in class, but 10 secs later I realise I dont know what the teacher has said and its hard to understand the rest when I havent been listening for those 10 secs.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#265 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 8:01 PM
No- I'm not easily distracted in class. I care very much about school and am a very attentive student.

When I'm taking notes, I have to sit with my legs crossed. Leaning over the notebook in any other position is uncomfortable to me.

Mad Poster
#266 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 10:46 PM
Yes, but I sit with my legs crossed 99.9% of the time anyway.

I have to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast or I don't feel right.
Alchemist
#267 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 9:46 AM
I actually rarely eat cereal at all.

I have to say goodnight to each of my pets before I can even think about going to bed.
Alchemist
#268 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 8:08 AM
i dont have pets

If one of my legs/arms/wrists is stretched, the other has to be too or I dont feel right.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Rubric Wrangler
retired moderator
#269 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 12:44 PM
Yeah, actually.

I will share my food with my cats, but not my dog.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#270 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:20 PM
Don't own cats, and I give my dogs my apple cores. She loves em XD

I always read the end of books first. I cant help it.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Alchemist
#271 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 5:39 PM
nope

When I listen to my ipod I must ALWAYS walk to the beat.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#272 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:41 PM
No.

I walk with a very fast pace- not on purpose, but simply naturally. Nothing irritates me more than getting stuck behind slow people who are so obtuse that they don't realize to move out of the way.

Alchemist
#273 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:48 PM
yep

I can listen to the same song again and again and again and not get tired of it.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Mad Poster
#274 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:01 PM
Yeah, but there's a point, after I've played it about five times, where I start to get sick of it and seek variety.

I can only have stuff in the front right pocket of my pants. For example, if I'm going out and need my phone, I will only ever put it in my right pocket because it feels weird in my left one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#275 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 11:30 PM
I don't like to put things in my pockets. That's what a purse is for .

When told to use phrases on study guides, I write in sentences, anyway. I think in sentences, not in phrases, and therefore I much prefer descriptive sentences to fragmented phrases.

Page 11 of 17