Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#33901 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 8:01 PM
Is there a way to reduce the number of sims on an unowned community lot?
I have intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20 in my userStartup.cheat.
I don't really want to change as it allows "large" community lots to feel more lively.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33902 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 8:30 PM
I haven't tested it for unowned lots, but SW customer limit adjuster works for owned lots and might be worth a try.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33903 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 9:05 PM
Question: Is there any tool that can be used to give/cure a sunburn to a Sim without having them initialize the action?

When using a default replacement skin, premade Sims have a head/body skintone mismatch. For normal Sims, I make them selectable and use the Manipulator to burn then unburn them, but the NPCs some of them can't initialize actions properly..

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33904 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 9:11 PM
Batbox (FFS Debugger) Fix... burns and tans?
Mad Poster
#33905 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 9:13 PM
I tried that in the past, but it only works if they already have a burn.

Alchemist
#33906 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I tried that in the past, but it only works if they already have a burn.

If you can age them , then age them back, that usually works to fix the skintone mismatch. Or 'Change Appearance' often works too.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33907 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 9:20 AM
Oh yes @aelflaed that could definitely work, you reminded me that I had a similar problem and solved it with ageing.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5775548
Mad Poster
#33908 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Is there a way to reduce the number of sims on an unowned community lot?
I have intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20 in my userStartup.cheat.
I don't really want to change as it allows "large" community lots to feel more lively.

Do you use the visitor controller? I use this to tailor the clientele to the lot. More restrictions means fewer sims are eligible to show up. Fewer restrictions = more show up!

Just be aware, if you use the version with personality controls, there is an error in the code - it uses limits of 0-10, when it should use limits of 0-1000. So if for example you set it to "ban shy sims" only sims with 0 outgoing points will be banned, and if you set it to "ban outgoing sims" everyone except 0 outgoing is allowed. This is fairly easily fixed in SimPE. I messaged Midge about it but she hasn't responded.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#33909 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Do you use the visitor controller? I use this to tailor the clientele to the lot. More restrictions means fewer sims are eligible to show up. Fewer restrictions = more show up!

Just be aware, if you use the version with personality controls, there is an error in the code - it uses limits of 0-10, when it should use limits of 0-1000. So if for example you set it to "ban shy sims" only sims with 0 outgoing points will be banned, and if you set it to "ban outgoing sims" everyone except 0 outgoing is allowed. This is fairly easily fixed in SimPE. I messaged Midge about it but she hasn't responded.

Which version has personality controls?
Mad Poster
#33910 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Which version has personality controls?

https://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.co...ller-with-added
Mad Poster
#33911 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 7:14 PM

That explains why it wasn't working for me.

Alchemist
#33912 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 7:20 PM
I haven't tested it for unowned lots, but SW customer limit adjuster works for owned lots and might be worth a try.

I use it on my owned businesses but never try on unowned lots.

I use TJ's visitor controller for some owned lots. I didn't know about the personality one but I'm not sure I'll use it.
Alchemist
#33913 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 7:27 PM
Does Community time project play well with Merola's clock?
I have Chris Hatch's stand-alone version.
Mad Poster
#33914 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 9:20 PM Last edited by FranH : 19th Jun 2024 at 10:47 PM.
Does Community time project play well with Merola's clock?
I have Chris Hatch's stand-alone version.

I don't know but I will say that Chris's 'half speed' mod does play perfectly well with his CLT-especially the stand alone version, because it uses Merola's clock as its inspiration.

EDIT: found the link to the time controller from Smorbie's links: https://simfileshare.net/folder/22484/

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Alchemist
#33915 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 3:17 PM
Thank you, @FranH.
Mad Poster
#33916 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 6:48 AM
Does anyone know how to prevent the lot catalog from jumbling up as lots are added and removed?

Mad Poster
#33917 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:23 PM
I use TJ's visitor controller for some owned lots. I didn't know about the personality one but I'm not sure I'll use it.

You don't need the personality one, but it's worth noting that the original TJ one prevents toga parties and stops sims coming home from work, or walking around the town in their work clothing. It also has an error if you ever set the hobby selection and you also happen to have any sims without a "one true hobby" set (which must be the case for certain sims) - this will make the affected lot load forever and if you have testingcheats on, it shows an error related to "community lot populator". Anyway, MidgeTheTree's version fixes this.

With any version of the VC, you can spawn it on any lot by clicking on a sim and choosing "Adjust... Spawn Visitor Controller" or something like that. So you can change settings per visit if you want to.

Mad Poster
#33918 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:25 PM
Sorry, I wrote that last night and apparently forgot to send it!

CrispsAndKerosene indeed added the personality controls, and Midge updated it from there and added the clothing fix, more easily customisable setting for which NPCs are classed as "annoying" and fixed the community lot populator/One True Hobby issue, which plagued me for years until I realised it was VC related.

Since I fixed the Personality traits thing for my game I'm happy to upload it but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Is that allowed as a share considering TJ is retired or not?

Mad Poster
#33919 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:54 PM
Sorry, I wrote that last night and apparently forgot to send it!

CrispsAndKerosene indeed added the personality controls, and Midge updated it from there and added the clothing fix, more easily customisable setting for which NPCs are classed as "annoying" and fixed the community lot populator/One True Hobby issue, which plagued me for years until I realised it was VC related.

Since I fixed the Personality traits thing for my game I'm happy to upload it but I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Is that allowed as a share considering TJ is retired or not?

TJ has been retired long enough so that I think he could not care less what anyone does with his files. He said so himself long ago in Simbology. As for other creators, they might not have the same TOU so you'd probably be wise to at least inquire.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#33920 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 10:05 PM
Does anyone know how to prevent the lot catalog from jumbling up as lots are added and removed?

According to @CatherineTCJD and @maxon on Sim Crafters, you can use Clean Installer to rename the files.

Mad Poster
#33921 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 8:14 AM
Question: I have the DNA code for a specific eye colour. Is there a way to search my downloads folder and see which package it's from? I know it's the family dtString in the XTOL.

Mad Poster
#33922 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 10:47 AM
Question: I have the DNA code for a specific eye colour. Is there a way to search my downloads folder and see which package it's from? I know it's the family dtString in the XTOL.

According to @whoward69, non-compressorized files can be searched plain-text (Windows search or Agent Ransack).

As for compressorized files.... What I did was run a ccmerger on each set of eyes, used SimPE to uncompress everything inside the package (resource tab), and then search through them to narrow down which folder I need to manually dig through.

Test Subject
#33923 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 5:27 PM
Hi guys,
I have one apartment lot fully inhabited but whenever I play with one family, there is always a Sim from another playable family that stays in the communal garden. This sim will pee their pants and pass out and stuff. How can I get rid of those Sims without hurting their actual playable life?
Mad Poster
#33924 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 6:48 PM
Delete with move_objects. They'll regenerate in their apartment, no harm done.

You are also likely to get apartment "ghosts" after moving a playable family out. Same trick works for that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#33925 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 10:50 PM
Is there a reason why a couple won't cuddle/spoon while sleeping in the same bed? I have one couple who just sleeps in their double bed, but they never cuddle. They're in love and married, and they are the only couple who is doing this. I tried resetting the bed, changing it, they even moved out and into a new home, so they have a new bed, yet they still won't spoon
Page 1357 of 1363