Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#33926 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 11:58 PM
Do you have the mod someone (Simler90?) wrote to stop them spooning if a baby is too close to them? It was made to use in conjunction with my co-sleeper object because that player preferred to place the baby in the centre. I usually place it on the edge so they look like they are cuddling the baby/toddler as they spoon, or I just kick one parent out of bed but it does look like it's suffocating under the covers slightly which I think bothered that player :D

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Advertisement
Instructor
#33927 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Do you have the mod someone (Simler90?) wrote to stop them spooning if a baby is too close to them? It was made to use in conjunction with my co-sleeper object because that player preferred to place the baby in the centre. I usually place it on the edge so they look like they are cuddling the baby/toddler as they spoon, or I just kick one parent out of bed but it does look like it's suffocating under the covers slightly which I think bothered that player :D

I don't have that mod... but I might check it out
Field Researcher
#33928 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 5:15 AM
Is there a way to extract pictures generated in-game, like Photobooth pictures? Thank you!
Scholar
#33929 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 9:26 AM
For photobooth pictures, open the character file of the person who has the inventory item. You will see the file is quite big compared to the others. But there are other reasons why it might be bigger. Find the resource type 0xAF74F8E0 at the top of the list. Temporarily change this type into 0x1C4A276C 'Texture Image'. Now you can view and extract the image. Do not save the character file.
Mad Poster
#33930 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 5:14 PM
I haven't done an outer-space themed lot in quite a while and since I just started playing Starfield for the first time, that kind of aesthetic is in my head now and I'm trying to figure out a spaceport of some sort. I don't have a lot of notion yet what the interior will be, though at this point I'm thinking community lot and essentially making it something like an outer-space truck stop lol.

Is it more fun if something like this is on Earth (lush terrain), on Mars (desert terrain) or on Luna / an asteroid (concrete terrain, and my current thinking)?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#33931 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Charity : 23rd Jun 2024 at 6:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I haven't done an outer-space themed lot in quite a while and since I just started playing Starfield for the first time, that kind of aesthetic is in my head now and I'm trying to figure out a spaceport of some sort. I don't have a lot of notion yet what the interior will be, though at this point I'm thinking community lot and essentially making it something like an outer-space truck stop lol.

Is it more fun if something like this is on Earth (lush terrain), on Mars (desert terrain) or on Luna / an asteroid (concrete terrain, and my current thinking)?

Anyone who downloads it will be able to choose their preferred terrain anyway, so go with what you like best.

I just found these cakes here, apparently based on Maxis cakes and birthdayified, but I've never seen the fancy cake before. Where does it come from?

https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5700
Forum Resident
#33932 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
@simmer22 @Charity Sounds like it might be easier to just make my own defaults then

I used to use the maternity outfit hack as well, but it was difficult for me to remember which were my pregnancy outfits, and after a while, I preferred the system of "getting one at random" and not choosing the outfit that they get, so I went for defaults instead.

As for letting them all give birth, the lot didn't implode haha, it just got extremely slow and I just quit. I went back to the lot and made them all townies before they gave birth, and now this test hood has about a hundred pregnant sims walking around.

@simsample I got around 100 sims pregnant, and only one of them got the "navyrust", and 2 sims got the "spring" one. I kinda want to try again with different circumstances to test out and try to discover these mysterious petterns, but honestly??? Too much work and I'd rather not know

@simsfreq Here they are:

I have no idea if this related because I've never seen it before. I was recategorizing the maternity clothes as unhidden so I can choose which ones my sims get and remembered that this post had only one of the navyrust outfit out of 100 sims.

Clothes that are flagged with odd numbers are hidden and clothes flagged with even numbers are visible (in the store). All the other maternity outfits are flagged with 0x00000009, but the navyrust outfit is flagged as 0x0000000D. Which is neither an odd or even number, so that's weird. I've never seen a non-number there and I've recategorized/unhidden hundreds of Maxis outfits. So I don't entirely know what this means, but I think it's likely this has an impact on the rarity of this outfit appearing in game.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#33933 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 7:09 PM
[000]D is an even number, because it's a number in hexadecimal. Hexadecimal is base 16, so rather than just 0123456789, it includes A-F as six extra digits. So in decimal numbers, you count 19, 20, 21, 22 - Hex would be 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, 21, etc.

Usually for those numbers in TS2, you convert them into binary and then read it backwards to understand what it refers to. 9 in binary would be 1010. D in binary would be 1111.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#33934 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Clothes that are flagged with odd numbers are hidden and clothes flagged with even numbers are visible (in the store). All the other maternity outfits are flagged with 0x00000009, but the navyrust outfit is flagged as 0x0000000D. Which is neither an odd or even number, so that's weird. I've never seen a non-number there and I've recategorized/unhidden hundreds of Maxis outfits. So I don't entirely know what this means, but I think it's likely this has an impact on the rarity of this outfit appearing in game.

Most (likely all?) of the values in the PropertySet are based on Hexadecimal, and so is pretty much everything else in the game. So seeing letters A thorugh F sprinkled around the game code is something you just have to get used to (even Bodyshop spits out recolor files with Hexadecimal numbers). A lot of the values just happen to look very much like regular decimal numbers.

Ever seen the categories for a hair, or an outfit categorized for all the normal categories? It's usually 0x0000137F. The F stands for 15, which is 8 (swim) + 7 (everyday). It's a quite common one, at least in the regular categories.
Forum Resident
#33935 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 7:46 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 23rd Jun 2024 at 8:13 PM.
[000]D is an even number, because it's a number in hexadecimal. Hexadecimal is base 16, so rather than just 0123456789, it includes A-F as six extra digits. So in decimal numbers, you count 19, 20, 21, 22 - Hex would be 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, 21, etc.

Usually for those numbers in TS2, you convert them into binary and then read it backwards to understand what it refers to. 9 in binary would be 1010. D in binary would be 1111.

This makes sense and I'm definitely not well-versed in hexadecimal, but if D is an even number, then why is this outfit flagged as hidden?
Forum Resident
#33936 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 8:11 PM
The plot thickens. I categorized all the Maxis maternity clothes as every day and unhidden, using the same values, then went to check in game. Navyrust is the only one not coming up in the catalog. Link to LauraPamplonaS post for full list

I'm going to have to look at all the values of the skins to figure out where the discrepancy is. I know I've had navyrust come up in game, but in my experience, it is less common.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#33937 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 9:32 PM
Ohhh I'd would love a mod that makes Maxis pregnancy outfits available to buy (or not) so I can give my Sim different maternity clothes
Alchemist
#33938 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 10:23 PM
Does Boiling Oil's inventory mod work with modded fridges?
I tried to use aspiration points to buy food by choosing "Delivery" as a reward.
Unfortunately, nothing happens. Maybe was I doing it wrong...
Forum Resident
#33939 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 12:18 AM

D is odd; it is the same as decimal 13, or 1101 in binary. Any binary value that ends in 1 (the 2^0 position, or rightmost) is odd. Decimal 19, 20, 21... in hex would be 13, 14, 15. Hex 19, 1A, 1B... in decimal would be 25, 26, 27...

Hex 25 is the equivalent of in decimal of 2(16^1) + 5(16^0) = 2(16) +5(1) = 32 + 5 = 37
Mad Poster
#33940 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 12:40 AM
^ Yep. F is 15, so D would be 13.
0A, 0C and 0E are even (10, 12, 14), while 0B, 0D and 0F are odd (11, 13, 15). After 0F you go to 10, 11, 12 in Hex (16, 17, 18 in decimal). And so on.

I think B, D and F (at the end) always are odd numbers in Hex, while A, C and E are even.

0123456789ABCDEF
00, 01, 02, ... , 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, ... , 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, 21, 22...
Instructor
#33941 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 2:57 PM
If Sim A has their first kiss rejected by Sim B, Sim A gets the "first kiss rejected" memory. Does Sim B also get that memory if they haven't had their first kiss? I'm just asking because Justin Cleveland and Tara deBateau have mutual "first kiss rejected" memories and while I remember Tara rejecting Justin's kiss I don't remember if the reverse also happened and I want to be sure of the storyline so far.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Mad Poster
#33942 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle
Ohhh I'd would love a mod that makes Maxis pregnancy outfits available to buy (or not) so I can give my Sim different maternity clothes

You could try this. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91730.0.html

Interesting. I didn't know that sims wouldn't appear pregnant in Outerwear.
Test Subject
#33943 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You could try this. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91730.0.html

Interesting. I didn't know that sims wouldn't appear pregnant in Outerwear.

Yeah, even though it says any outfit, I didn't find the option to change their maxis maternity wear. There are three to buy from Freetime (?) but I can't seem to change their clothing to any other base game ones. Feels like all my female sim got the purple one, so sick of it. Love the green/yellow ones.
Forum Resident
#33944 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle

Whenever I figure out where the navyrust outfit is, I'll post it
Field Researcher
#33945 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
For photobooth pictures, open the character file of the person who has the inventory item. You will see the file is quite big compared to the others. But there are other reasons why it might be bigger. Find the resource type 0xAF74F8E0 at the top of the list. Temporarily change this type into 0x1C4A276C 'Texture Image'. Now you can view and extract the image. Do not save the character file.

This is so neat, thank you! Is there a way to grab the UI portraits in different poses, too? I'm guessing that's a long shot...
Mad Poster
#33946 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 8:08 AM
What is the current knowledge of the super duper hug bug and what happens if one installs an 'infected' lot without a mod to nuke it? The information I found is a few years old nd I'm not sure how accurate.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#33947 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 9:03 AM
@Bulbizarre The newest info I have on that is this:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
the Super Duper Hug Bug is a social controller that has been set as a regular item like a sculpture or a chair so it won't appear in the game. The problem comes when a custom social controller uses the Super Duper Hug's GUID as a fall back GUID, removing the custom controller or downloading a lot that contained it will cause it to fall back on the Super Duper Hug and cause it to exist. Just like placing a chair on one lot won't cause the chair to exist on all lots so too the Bug won't spread if you never had the custom controller, it's only if you do or did have the problem custom controller that it will spread throughout your game.

Though, I'm still unsure how it "spreads" then. Chairs that he mentions in the example don't just spread into Sims' houses, why would the SDH controller!
Mad Poster
#33948 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 10:21 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 25th Jun 2024 at 10:37 AM.
Yeah, spreading sounds a bit... weird. The only way I can see is if if one of those social hacks using the fallback GUID gets shipped with the lot and then users later pull it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#33949 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 11:48 AM
But then, wouldn't it be that only Sims on that particular lot can do the SDH?
Mad Poster
#33950 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 12:15 PM
Loading other lots with the bugged hack in place would spawn the controller, I think.

Page 1358 of 1367