Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#33976 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 1:00 PM
Before OFB, there were rumours that eating cookies or spaghetti would increase a sim's chance of twins. There was also a fake cheat "twinsr2cute" which didn't do anything but the rumours swept all the sims 2 forums. Everyone was SO excited by twins.

With OFB they added the forcetwins cheat and the cheesecake. I think the in-game chance of twins might have been increased, too. As to why it's cheesecake? Not sure - maybe it was an in-joke at the studio, or maybe it's to do with pregnant women craving cheesecake? I don't think it has that association outside of the sims universe.

And yes it's always been a 100% chance. The fix is better because I would always just make them avoid cheesecake just in case. Now I can let them eat it if they want to.

Actually, is there any mod which reduces the natural chance of twins? I like using the triplets and quads mod and in some testing recently I discovered that if a sim is naturally (or cheatedly) pregnant with twins, triplets and quads won't give them a single birth unless you choose the "pick > single" option. Which means that, effectively, I have my triplets and quads odds for multiples, plus the natural chance of twins on top of that. I'll probably just reduce the trips & quads setting for twin chance to 0% (so I only get the natural twins) but it would be cool to be able to nitpick this more exactly.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#33977 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 1:55 PM
There's a video here about twins and the infamous broken pregnancy/"twin" token (plus links to some fixes), and a few other things related to twin births/pregnancy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBGidaf35g

Almost forgot you could also increase the chance of having twins with the fertility booster in the aspiration reward system (family sims). Perhaps not a good idea to do it for both sims if you want a chance of having single births...
Mad Poster
#33978 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Actually, is there any mod which reduces the natural chance of twins? I like using the triplets and quads mod and in some testing recently I discovered that if a sim is naturally (or cheatedly) pregnant with twins, triplets and quads won't give them a single birth unless you choose the "pick > single" option. Which means that, effectively, I have my triplets and quads odds for multiples, plus the natural chance of twins on top of that. I'll probably just reduce the trips & quads setting for twin chance to 0% (so I only get the natural twins) but it would be cool to be able to nitpick this more exactly.

I'm confused. Doesn't Triplets and Quads overwrite the normal choosing of baby numbers?
Mad Poster
#33979 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm confused. Doesn't Triplets and Quads overwrite the normal choosing of baby numbers?

Pretty sure it does, at least for the "random" option. You shouldn't get the original 10% on top of whatever the T&Q mod is set to. I don't know if there is a "no single baby if pregnant with twins" bug there, but could be (maybe based on the pregnancy controller already being set to twins?).

Twin chance ingame is 10%, which is in effect if you choose "original" (if it's originally twins, you get twins. If it's single, you get single). When using cheesecake or Forcetwins, you'll get twins.

"Pick" should give you the number picked, regardless of chance or original number.
Mad Poster
#33980 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 8:26 AM
How does a Sim fulfill the "go broke" fear?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#33981 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 4:57 PM
Why do walk-by's stop, look at the ground and then start shaking? It's like there's an invisible object on the ground that is constantly moving that they're looking at.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#33982 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pretty sure it does, at least for the "random" option. You shouldn't get the original 10% on top of whatever the T&Q mod is set to. I don't know if there is a "no single baby if pregnant with twins" bug there, but could be (maybe based on the pregnancy controller already being set to twins?).

Twin chance ingame is 10%, which is in effect if you choose "original" (if it's originally twins, you get twins. If it's single, you get single). When using cheesecake or Forcetwins, you'll get twins.

"Pick" should give you the number picked, regardless of chance or original number.

It kind of does for the random option. I wrote about this in another thread the other day but essentially your pregnancy will start off either as single or twins. For example, if you use the Blender or ACR pregnancy scanner (or any other mod that can "scan" pregnancies) it will say whether the sim is pregnant with 1 or 2 babies.

"Pick" always gives the number picked regardless of chance or original number - yes. 100%.

"Original" gives 1 or 2 as shown in the dialogue shown by a pregnancy scanner mod.

"Random" conformed to whatever odds I set as far as I tested it - I got bored before getting a hugely deep sample size, but I did test around 20-30 births for each setting and I set it to stuff like 50/50 for two options and 0 for the other two, or even 100% one option and 0% for the others and 80/20 and so on.

I found that in Random, if the sim was originally pregnant with twins, she would never have a single baby even if the chance of single was set to a very high percentage.

Actually I just went to check the RTFM and TwoJeffs wrote this:

Quote:
CHANGES IN VERSION 2.7:
1) Update for Free Time compatibility
2) If rolling a random number of babies:
Old behavior: If sim originally pregnant with twins the sim would never have less than twins regardless of odds.
New behavior: If twin odds are set to zero and the random selection is one baby, the sim will only have one. If twin odds are greater than zero, the old behavior is still followed and sim will still have twins.

Interesting because I SWEAR I set it to 0% twins and it still gave me twins! But anyway, I knew I had read it somewhere official.

It's not exactly 10% on top because it's only 10% of whatever your single chance is. But I wanted mine set to something like 4% twins, 2% triplets, 1% quads. In total that is 7% so roughly one in every 15 births will be a multiple birth - which seems plenty! The original triplet and quad odds according to the RTFM are a whopping 40% multiple rate not including the extra (10% of 60%) 6% for vanilla twins! TwoJeffs must absolutely LOVE babies - ACR makes them breed like rabbits as well

Anyway I have found the file that contains the 10% now, but it's in a global BCON that contains loads of commonly used values so I need to figure out what else I have which edits that and I'll probably just tweak it directly in that mod.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#33983 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
How does a Sim fulfill the "go broke" fear?

If a sim has rolled it in-game, you can usually click on it and it explains how to fulfil it. If you have just read it somewhere outside the game, then I don't know I would guess maybe it's triggered when they try to pay for something and hit $0?

Mad Poster
#33984 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 8:28 PM
It doesn't really explain, just something along the lines of "there's nothing more embarrassing than going broke, get your Sim a job"

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#33985 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 8:30 PM
Oh XD how helpful of them! I mean, I suppose it tells you how to avoid it, at least unless you have to pay the nanny or have a dodgy chance card or something.

Mad Poster
#33986 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 8:31 PM
Maxis messed up one of the architecture chance cards and made it so it could instantly bankrupt Sims, lol. Thankfully there's a fix.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33987 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Why do walk-by's stop, look at the ground and then start shaking? It's like there's an invisible object on the ground that is constantly moving that they're looking at.

I always wondered this, perhaps they are counting the ants?
Instructor
#33988 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I always wondered this, perhaps they are counting the ants?

Maybe the roaches..

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Instructor
#33989 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 3:12 AM
I have 5 residents in the Urele-Oresha-Cham lot and 6 members total. I asked the 6th member who's a non-playable student to move in and the game says I cannot have more than 8 household members. What is wrong?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Mad Poster
#33990 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I have 5 residents in the Urele-Oresha-Cham lot and 6 members total. I asked the 6th member who's a non-playable student to move in and the game says I cannot have more than 8 household members. What is wrong?

Is there a pet on the lot? Pets count as members of the house household.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33991 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:41 AM
Or maybe some of them have a pregnancy token you don't know about?
Mad Poster
#33992 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Is there a pet on the lot? Pets count as members of the house household.

I thought pets were independent of sims though. 8 sims and 6 pets?
Instructor
#33993 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 1:23 PM
No pets and no pregnancies either, just 5 male young adults without a telescope on the lot. I really don't know why I can't ask the other member to move in.

Test Subject
#33994 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
This might help: https://modthesims.info/d/225251/qu...-coat-hook.html

You can use the shop option to add any maternity wear to your household's wardrobe for free and then use the "plan outfit" option on it to select the maternity outfit you want. Pregnant Sims can use it iirc.

Yes, I have this coat hook, it's fabulous. And I've got Wear Any Clothes + BO Plan Maternity but it still only gives me the option to buy the three outfits from Freetime and not those of base game.
I think I'll have to wait for another mod.
Mad Poster
#33995 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I thought pets were independent of sims though. 8 sims and 6 pets?

Not quite. Vanilla limit is up to 10 (?) in total, of which up to 8 may be sims and up to 6 may be pets.

So if they have 5 humans and 5 pets, they are already at the limit.

Mad Poster
#33996 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle
Yes, I have this coat hook, it's fabulous. And I've got Wear Any Clothes + BO Plan Maternity but it still only gives me the option to buy the three outfits from Freetime and not those of base game.
I think I'll have to wait for another mod.

It's possible the maternity outfits need to be unhidden first. Hidden clothes are usually only accessible when they're assigned to a sim, so not through buy menus or the like.

BO's mod probably lets you plan maternity from dressers, but not if the clothes are still hidden.

(If you use the EA clothes, there are pregmorphs of most of these clothes available as default replacements, here. Very handy alongside Wear Any Clothes. Can't be used with direct-mesh defaults of the same clothes. I think PropertySet-type defaults work alongside these since they bypass the mesh/recolors, so recolors of the original maxis clothes should use the pregmorphs).

Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001

If it's a Uni lot with dorms, it's possible the game already filled up unclaimed rooms.
As for mentions of pets, pretty sure cats and (regular) dogs aren't allowed on Uni campuses without a mod.

If you have modded the game (pregnancy mod, pet mod, etc.), you may want to check out those to see if there are any hidden sims/pets awaiting arrival.
Mad Poster
#33997 Old 2nd Jul 2024 at 11:32 PM
The Urele-Oresha-Cham house isn't a dorm and they already said they had no pets. If they're mistaken about the person wanting to move in being a member, the message would be different - actually, there'd be no message at all, just failure of the option to ask them to move in. This is not a standard problem, I don't think.

Turn testing cheats on and see if you get an error, Yvelotic. If not, I'm afraid it's the 50/50 and troubleshooting and all that hassle.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#33998 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 1:04 AM
Have you tried with a different sim? Could be something iffy going on with the non-playable sim you're trying to move in (sure they're not pregnant? Or that the game thinks you're moving in them and their household, somehow?).

A mod to increase the household limit could also be of help. BO's mod is probably the best one. You don't need to have more sims on the lot, but the mod does help when the game is being annoying with move-ins and such.
Mad Poster
#33999 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 1:38 AM
Wait. Wait wait wait.
It's not a streaker, is it? Because the streakers, for no readily apparent reason, are adults, not YAs, and can't be moved in on campus. I don't think it should be possible to ask them to pledge, for the same reason, but I could be wrong about that.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#34000 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 1:43 AM
Thanks. I found the culprit: it's Cyjon's Bigger Families mod. The documentation says it doesn't allow neighbourhood sims to join the household if there are already 8+ household members, but like I said there are only 5 living in the lot, so I don't quite understand what's the problem here.
Quote: Originally posted by Cyjon
The one thing this mod doesn't let you do is add sims from the neighborhood to houses which already have 8+ sims in the house. To do that you need to add the following lines to your userStartup.cheat file:
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

The documentation mentions this, but I did some further testing and it does not fix the issue - I am still unable to get the 6th member to join the greek house. testingcheatsenabled does not throw an error, I simply get a message box mentioning that households with more than 8 members are one of the main causes of global warming. I also moved in the Newsons to some random apartment as they're 6 sims to test if this happens elsewhere or only at a greek house (or maybe even that specific greek house). After a very questionable relationship between Ginger Newson and some random elder townie the matchmaker sent me I asked him to move in and it worked just fine, so it might be a greek house-only problem.
Attached Images

Page 1360 of 1367