Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#626 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 9:44 AM
@simsample

Quote:
Dear BigSimsFan12

Thank you for your email.

I had to email you as this is the only contact I have for you. You still have not supplied me with your home address as per tenancy agreement.

Please confirm your home address ASAP and then I can forward any relevant documentation to you.

Kind regards

Landcunt

Like??? Why can't she just send pictures of the damages I allegedly caused??

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#627 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Like??? Why can't she just send pictures of the damages I allegedly caused??

Yeah, I think she wants your address as she needs it to file a money claim (small claim). You could get a PO box if you could afford it, but that's around £39 per month last time I checked.
You could always ask her if she could send you digital copies? It's okay for you to tell her that you don't want her to know your address, and refuse to give it to her. You no longer have a tenancy agreement with her.
Mad Poster
#628 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 12:16 PM
I'm not sure if she'd be ok with a PO box. I offered her a family members address and she said no, it HAS to be an address I live at per tenancy agreement. I'm under the impression she can start the claim without my address though? Apparently it can take upto a year to get a court date and I really don't want to be paying for a PO box for that long.

retired moderator
#629 Old 17th Sep 2023 at 1:07 PM
Well, given that you have had harrassment issues with her, I would say that's grounds enough to refuse to give her your new address. She can harp on about a tenancy agreement all she likes, but you no longer have a tenancy agreement with her, so you no longer have to comply by it. As you mentioned before, the only reason you were thinking about giving her your address was to get the deposit back, but you seem resigned to have lost that anyway. So there is no benefit that I can see to giving her your address. Insist that any proof of the damage and other documents be sent digitally, via email, as you do not wish her to know where you live due to her previous harrassment. If she insists on an address then give her the relative's address that you tried to give her previously, as a forwarding address. It's perfectly legal to use a forwarding address. That's what I'd do, anyway! I would NOT want that woman turning up at the house screaming that you owe her money.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#630 Old 24th Sep 2023 at 7:24 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Sep 2023 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
My cat, Gemini, injured herself while jumping. She's limping.

I knew something was wrong when she had bumped around the house.

I know she's 13 years old and she's no spring chicken...

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#631 Old 26th Sep 2023 at 1:57 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Sep 2023 at 2:10 AM.
I've wanted to work on my Downloads folder project, but all weekend and all of yesterday my brain has been all "I want to work on my Downloads folder project, but let's just do this and that first, and ( zzz...what?) oh boy is it midnight already?"

Basically, if I haven't slept away half the evening, I've been distracted by random shinies and oooh, squirrels -no, bunnies!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#632 Old 30th Sep 2023 at 7:17 PM
My Pokémon Omega Ruby Game Card stopped working. I was trying to see if I had my old nickname because I was planning on using my new one. I wanted a fresh start.

Lucky for me, I have money coming in and I can easily order a new copy through A2Z Mart.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#633 Old 30th Sep 2023 at 11:38 PM
I ordered a calm, quiet evening shift.

What I got was anything but a calm, quiet shift. I've had my patience dragged in all directions today, and it's been stretched quite thin. Yelling times many, complaining, disagreeing people, bathroom leaks... It's just been one of those days
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#634 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 6:18 AM
I signed up for a service that I can't use (a health food grocery store online because my parents closely guard my emergency food and OTC drug money. I turn 36 in a few weeks and they still have trust issues with me...I am still growing.) Besides, I recently got $48 more in food money. Government can't let me starve when the price of food is astronomical.

Also, I lost $13 from that.

At this moment, I have a service ticket open. It has yet to be attended to.

Mad Poster
#635 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 12:42 PM
Ugh. Landcunt finally told me (after a lot of back and forth) what damages I had done to the property... shes literally charging me for all kinds of things. Things I've reported to her in the past, things that are apparently now broken despite working fine before I left, wear and tear. When we left, we left her stuff (that had been there the whole time!) in our shed... shes charing us to have it removed! It was her stuff!! Shes also claiming 3 months worth of rent loss because of the "state of the property"

And the icing on the cake... shes charged me for a locksmith because I didn't provide the keys to the rear doors. She stole those keys when she illegally entered the property days before I moved out, but I didn't press charges on her for it because I figured they'd be her keys anyway

Anyway, the solicitor i was hoping to go with is WAY more expensive than I was expecting because this is becoming a pretty complex case and I can't seem to find any other solicitors in the area. So basically whether I win or lose, and I will probably lose, I'm losing literally my life savings and will be horrifically in debt for the foreseeable future. All because of one disgusting woman on a power trip.

retired moderator
#636 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 5:04 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 Does she have your deposit protected? Not sure whether that is law in Wales as it is in England. If so, then she can't just claim the deposit, she has to dispute it properly, and the protection scheme agents should do that (no need for solicitor). You have to agree with any deductions. Has she actually sent you a money claim or 'small claims court' legal notice? If not, then just sit tight. You don't have to do anything yet as she's just asking you for the money, and you can say 'no, I don't agree because...' and write (in a letter or email, so that you have a copy) the reasons you've told us here.

Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I signed up for a service that I can't use

Oh, how did that happen?
Mad Poster
#637 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Bigsimsfan12 Does she have your deposit protected? Not sure whether that is law in Wales as it is in England. If so, then she can't just claim the deposit, she has to dispute it properly, and the protection scheme agents should do that (no need for solicitor). You have to agree with any deductions. Has she actually sent you a money claim or 'small claims court' legal notice? If not, then just sit tight. You don't have to do anything yet as she's just asking you for the money, and you can say 'no, I don't agree because...' and write (in a letter or email, so that you have a copy) the reasons you've told us here.

It was protected. She claimed the full £650 for various damages, and the email got sent to husbands old email address he no longer has access to so obviously he didn't respond. We spoke to the deposit people and they say there's nothing they can do because they were lawful on their end even though they didn't ask for any proof and we didn't agree to any deductions, however she was suppose to contact me to tell me she was asking for the deposit, how much, proof etc. She purposely didn't, in fact when I enquired about the deposit she blanked me, which is a legal grey area really and they told us to get a solicitor involved... which would be even more of a cost.

Seemingly she can't send me any kind of court order without my address. So no, no court order or anything. I guess I can detail why I don't think I owe that much, but I don't think it would do any good because she had already said she won't settle it outside of court because I "make false allegations against her" (I told her I have felt harassed and don't feel comfortable giving my address to her).

retired moderator
#638 Old 4th Oct 2023 at 10:44 PM
I think I'd be tempted to send her an email anyway, telling her what you dispute and why, because then you have a record that you've replied to her in a timely manner. Puts the ball back in her court, so to speak.
I don't think you'd need to do anything beyond that- if she makes a court claim against you, then that is when you'd respond and get a solicitor. Unless you specifically want to chase the deposit. Also remember that a lot of the things she is claiming for, like carpet damage, can be put down to wear and tear. Also, was there a house inventory when you moved in? Without an inventory agreed by Landlord and Tenant at the beginning of the occupancy, it would be difficult for her to disprove your claim that the furniture in the shed wasn't already there and so on.
In short, send her an email saying you aren't paying it because... And then forget about it.
You don't have to read, reply or worry about any of her communications, until she makes a legal claim.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#639 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 1:31 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 6th Oct 2023 at 1:40 AM. Reason: Clarity and Addendum
Where do I start with the mess?...

I was enticed by the prices and then I realized my parents still have a grip on my money, my chances to ever use a sewing machine, and any chance of learning cooking because of their schedules and their constant consumption of meal kits.

I turn 36 this month in a few weeks. This is getting fucking ridiculous and ludicrous to have to keep holding on to my parents' hands.

I am not going to let this happen any longer. I am going to have to talk to them. Beyond finding a tiny house, outfitting it with utilities and amenities, and eventually moving out, I am stuck in a house where I had very limited growth in the past year.

Also, Disney is doing numerous disservices with all these live action remakes or the photo realistic CGI attempt and I miss the romance.

Disney's Romantic Subplots
1937-2010

Not to mention, since they are removing Bambi's mother for the remake. If kids don't know about death, I can see a repeat of what happened to my father: zero coping skills in either dramatic or realistic death.

(My grandmother was one to shelter my father and his siblings from the concept of death and when she died, he ended up an addict to alcohol. It's been about 5 years since my father finally sobered up and kept sober. She didn't like The Lion King either.)

For me, it's like that scene from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" where Charlie blows up at the therapist about him being gaslit into "Charlie Work" (blue collar work otherwise featured in shows like "Dirty Jobs") and on an unrelated note, the tap water in our town is so chlorinated, it would make anyone say that the bleach smell and taste is fine (that's a lie). At least I don't have a dead pigeon in my coat. I already have issues with life and birds are just another thing I rather not get involved with. (Bird people can be a little weird, at least to my mother.)

It's been a big deal lately to keep up with the house, but lately, my stomach is still terrible. I have to call my gastroenterologist in the morning.

Personally, I would rather rewatch the SNL "Bambi Live Action Remake" parody on a loop, do the shopping myself and for once, probably find a sooner cancellation for an appointment with my new endocrinologist Dr. SK.

Due to the American healthcare provider shortage, I have to wait until January 2024. I can only hope Dr. SB can find out what is wrong with my stomach without cramming cameras in places I find uncomfortable.

retired moderator
#640 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I was enticed by the prices and then I realized my parents still have a grip on my money, my chances to ever use a sewing machine, and any chance of learning cooking because of their schedules and their constant consumption of meal kits.

What would you like to learn to cook?
Mad Poster
#641 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 3:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Oct 2023 at 3:09 PM.
Absolute basic cooking skills aren't too difficult to learn. You can find tutorials and easy recipes on the internet if you need a show-and-tell (can be useful to have both video/pictures, and a recipe). Youtube has some videos for basic skills, for instance.

You rarely go too wrong if you start out with simple ingredients like raw meat/chicken/fish/etc., some veggies and other sides, plus salt and pepper, and some oil or butter for frying in a pan or in the oven, or using a casserole for steaming veggies, making soup, and things like that. If the taste gets boring, there's always other spices, or sauces. You can make a lot of variation by using the same proteins but varying the cooking method, spices, or side dishes.

I've found it's usually both more tasty, cheaper and healthier in the long run to buy the ingredients than microwave meal kits, frozen pizza, nudles, and so forth (and tastes better, too). Ready/quick-meals have their uses (handy for days when you don't have time or energy for cooking), but not every day.

If you want to cook, there shouldn't be anything hindering you in trying to cook for yourself - if you buy your own stuff and clean up after yourself, then who can complain?

Living with your parents past a certain point can start feeling intruding on your life, and it can be good to get a place of your own. Just take into account that it is expensive to live alone, so make sure to have some kind of steady income and/or savings, and get any needed life skills in order - if there's anything you don't know how to do, it's a good idea to get the hang of it while you're not stuck alone.

---

Back hurts. Likely from bus ride (and hospital trip, plus carrying around shopping bags). And social battery is running very empty. Long day...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#642 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 8:54 PM
@simsample

Well, I bought some gummy candy mixes, but they require double boiling with a heat resistant bowl and a pot of boiling water after the blooming process the gelatin goes through.

I also have to learn to prepare with other techniques so I can make a banquet for my father's family. (Stereotypical Catholic family, lots of kids and grandkids under the patriarch, my feisty 95 year old grandfather.)

I am currently working on cooking and baking techniques . My mother enjoys the brownies I make from a box because I time it just right and they aren't too gooey, nor too hard.

Scholar
#643 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 9:50 AM
I realised this morning that I forgot my leftover pizza on the train

I mean its def a first world problem because I could make food for lunch or dinner or whatever, but like that's why I'd ordered the larger pizza last night - I wanted leftovers.
Mad Poster
#644 Old 9th Oct 2023 at 7:46 PM
I still haven't replied to Landlord (I know I should asap) but I was re reading the email... and.. is she actually serious?

Ok so, when I moved in the u-bend inside the toilet was rusty. It really embarrassed me for years that my toilet always looked dirty and I did ask her to replace it and she never did because it still worked fine, it was just a little rusty so whatever.

However she has charged me for:
- cleaning of the toilet
- a new toilet
- installation of new toilet
- NEW flooring because the new toilet is smaller than the old toilet so there was a gap in the floor.

Is she actually for real? What

I actually kinda want this to go to court because the things she's trying to charge me for are actually insane and surely there's no way someone would look at this list and go "yeah, sounds about right"

Mad Poster
#645 Old 10th Oct 2023 at 1:25 AM
^ Have you somehow made the toilet go rusty? If the answer is no, then it's not on you. She can't charge you for something that was a problem before you moved in, continued being a problem while you lived there, and for shoddy repairs after you leave (that really should've been done while you lived there). That's all on her.

Sounds like she's trying to squeeze some last-minute money out of you so she can get some upgrades done, without having to spend a penny herself.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#646 Old 12th Oct 2023 at 11:04 PM
My hair is falling out in knots, there's 2 wars going on, and the voice actor community is in shambles.

I am too stressed to be blessed. I feel like I'm having a bad panic attack and I was on the phone with my therapist who said I have to start setting emotional boundaries.

I probably will give up my dream of voice acting because no one I know gave a single fuck about my life living by the principles of ikigai, which is to live a more enjoyable life by doing what you love.

🫠

Mad Poster
#647 Old 13th Oct 2023 at 5:57 PM
Scented trash bags. Sincerely, who thought this was a good idea? Now the kitchen smells like lavender, and not the good kind. More like someone emptied a whole can of cheap air-freshener and left a forest of lavender Wunderbaum hanging around.

It technically wasn't my idea with scented ones - but how should I know that half the trash bags were scented (haven't tried that brand before)? Just thought purple was a neat color (and wasn't too happy about the see-through ones).
Mad Poster
#648 Old 19th Oct 2023 at 6:50 PM
I got contacted by the people who live in my old-old house (pre landcunt house). Seems the landcunt has sent court orders there against me. Which obviously I didn't recieve. So a judgement was made and now I have to pay £3k plus £115 court. So that's fun.

Husband is gonna contact the court tomorrow and see what they say, she's clearly done this because she knows I last lived at that address seven years ago and she knows we can't fight her if we didnt know about it. I'm just curious of why they've only said £3k and not the full amount. I guess even a judge realises how crazy some of her requests were. Its lucky we even finally received it, because if we don't pay by the 1st November the bailiff would come to the property that I don't live at and take their stuff.

She literally has an alternative address for us from when she stole our mail (not that she agreed to forward it there!) so I know she did this purposefully and I really hope a court agrees and we actually get a chance to defend ourselves!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#649 Old 19th Oct 2023 at 6:58 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Oct 2023 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
My Grunkle Charlie passed away today. He was my dad's paternal uncle. My mother's family is not close to us and my dad's mom was an only child.

Yesterday, he was in palliative care and he lost the will to live after the doctors said he would never walk or talk again.

😭 Man, I am having a terrible birth month. My birthday is Monday and I may have to spend time alone while my parents go to the funeral\memorial service. I tend to feed off human energy in crowds and the emotional energy alone would make me sick and tired.

I may not get a check from my relatives nor will my gift from my parents show up on time for my birthday.

Only consolation for me is that I was born on "Slap An Irritating Coworker Day" and "The Feast of San Juan Capistrano".

retired moderator
#650 Old 19th Oct 2023 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I got contacted by the people who live in my old-old house (pre landcunt house). Seems the landcunt has sent court orders there against me. Which obviously I didn't recieve. So a judgement was made and now I have to pay £3k plus £115 court. So that's fun.

Bah! What a nuisance. Looks like you might have a good case though:
Quote:
If you can show that the claimant knew or ought to have known that you had changed address, then the claim form will be deemed not to have been served. This means that the CCJ is irregular and the court must set it aside.

https://www.masonbullock.co.uk/ccj-wrong-address/

Also advice here:
https://www.frettens.co.uk/site/lib...ress-solicitors
https://business-insolvency-helplin...-wrong-address/
Page 26 of 34