Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#6876 Old 22nd May 2024 at 11:33 AM
Small thing, but it's annoying when food delivery comes and you have to wait until the delivery guy rings the doorbell to get the food, as he's unselectable before he rings lol
Advertisement
Instructor
#6877 Old 22nd May 2024 at 7:53 PM
Going to upload a lot then suddenly discovering that the lot I spent hours on has the SDHB.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6878 Old 24th May 2024 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kateschmate
Small thing, but it's annoying when food delivery comes and you have to wait until the delivery guy rings the doorbell to get the food, as he's unselectable before he rings lol

That annoys me so much, especially if the party's in the front garden and the delivery guy walks right past to get to the door.
Mad Poster
#6879 Old 25th May 2024 at 2:11 AM
For the first-night Downtown outing, I wanted to send two parents. I was trying to get one of them to ask the neighbour to watch the kid when the taxi rolled up and queuestomped it. I cancelled the action, did the 'ask to watch kids' action, and... there was no option for her to get into the taxi. So I immediately had to return the outing back home in order to add her to the social group.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6880 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 7:34 AM
The "Be BFF with [Sim]" wants clogging up the panel. There's nothing to do about those until wait.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6881 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 11:00 PM
Hitting tab when I mean to hit pause, which I seem to do ALL. THE. TIME. I don't know if this is the same on Windows, but on my laptop the Pause key is ` and it's right above the tab.
Mad Poster
#6882 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 11:08 PM
Also hitting Q when not in free-cam mode.

Mad Poster
#6883 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 4:27 PM
BFFs are for 12s nixes the BFF wants for me I actually wanted to change the text of BFF to mean "childhood friend" instead for this reason, because I think there is a difference in friends you've known since childhood and those you meet as an adult.

The key I always seem to hit accidentally is the one that starts a video recording

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Scholar
#6884 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The key I always seem to hit accidentally is the one that starts a video recording

Me too. I had to limit videos to 1 second long because of that.
Mad Poster
#6885 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 3:34 AM
BFFs are for 12s nixes the BFF wants for me I actually wanted to change the text of BFF to mean "childhood friend" instead for this reason, because I think there is a difference in friends you've known since childhood and those you meet as an adult.

I wish there was a mod that let a Sim had only one BFF. I might install Nopke's no-BFF mod and then set it manually.

Scholar
#6886 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 10:51 AM
BFFs make no sense in FreeTime. Every best friend becomes forever after a few days. I've made it so that you become BFF if you drive relationship over 100 a certain amount (like when you hug and you would have gotten +1 LTR if it wasn't capped). To keep track of this I added a new rel variable. With every EP they have added new data structures, when it seems that the existing framework would work well enough and need no Luas.
Mad Poster
#6887 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 11:08 AM
I think it's with the later EPs when it went over to EA. Maxis did everything up to Bon Voyage, maybe part of Freetime? Then it went over to EA. Everything from Freetime onwards has annoying features like every single new feature has to be spammed because if you don't notice it in the first five seconds of playing you might not be impressed by the EP - this is fun when you first install an EP, but gets annoying really really fast.

The early EPs are much more careful and reuse a lot of earlier items.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#6888 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 11:29 AM
I'm pretty sure TS3 repeated some features between their EPs too, what a mess.

Theorist
#6889 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 4:14 PM
Everything from Freetime onwards has annoying features like every single new feature has to be spammed because if you don't notice it in the first five seconds of playing you might not be impressed by the EP - this is fun when you first install an EP, but gets annoying really really fast.
Rod fucking Humble

... and the concept of Grand Witches and their lot spells, and the It looks like your neighborhood lacks some of the subhoods, it's the end of the world!, and TS3 Supernatural Totem, TS3 University Life mascot, and TS3 Into the Future Time Emit Relevart, and, and......
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6890 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Rod fucking Humble

Leave Rod alone, he's a completely charming and somewhat boring Gen X Englishman who is happily trying to relive his glory days at EA by remaking Freetime in LBY.
Mad Poster
#6891 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Leave Rod alone, he's a completely charming and somewhat boring Gen X Englishman who is happily trying to relive his glory days at EA by remaking Freetime in LBY.

sooo what's "LBY"?
and why am I here at 4:38 am?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6892 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
sooo what's "LBY"?

Life By You, a (potential) new game from Paradox Tectonic. Head of which is Rod Humble.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=674877
Old video with Rod in it (early access didn't happen):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLu09M_YGY
He did some of their promotional videos, showing the progress of the game. I could fall asleep listening to this, he's so very slow and calm and somehow completely generationally bereft of modern gaming (and I say this fondly, as a person of the same age as him! ). But completely charming (to me at least).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTRpPUzPTUI

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
and why am I here at 4:38 am?

Lack of cheese, cake, cheesecake and tea?
Mad Poster
#6893 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 3:12 AM

Of course, this never happens to my Sims who have real jobs...

Mad Poster
#6894 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 1:30 PM
Kind of weird that those calls don't realise that you don't actually have a job. You'd think that they would have coded for that with OFB.
Mad Poster
#6895 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 6:34 PM
Self-Employed isn't a Maxian job. It's a custom placeholder that I use to keep Sims from rolling up wants to get jobs.

Theorist
#6896 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You'd think that they would have coded for that with OFB.
Heck, I vaguely remember that OFB has a bug in the code where you sometimes get promoted past the highest programmed level, Manager.
Mad Poster
#6897 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Heck, I vaguely remember that OFB has a bug in the code where you sometimes get promoted past the highest programmed level, Manager.

Unused 3

Mad Poster
#6898 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Self-Employed isn't a Maxian job. It's a custom placeholder that I use to keep Sims from rolling up wants to get jobs.

You'd think that sims would realise that they had a business. Or maybe it's a hint that they want to quit and have a regular 9-5. XD
Mad Poster
#6899 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 6:14 AM
Sims constantly changing TV channels.

Theorist
#6900 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 8:47 AM
Which reminds me - I've got to default the stock EA TV movies... the horror ones especially, because the sounds are just so bad.
Page 276 of 279