Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11376 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 1:13 PM
I've been wanting to post this, but never thought to do it.

When secondary aspirations are available, you don't have to give the pixel a secondary aspiration, but you should set the 'benefits' that come with having them enabled because the 'benefits' will make them more self-aware than they are without them.

"There are four areas in which these can be spent: motives, work, primary aspiration and secondary aspiration. Selecting a secondary aspiration uses an aspiration benefit point, and the player may choose to not give a Sim a secondary aspiration."

If you set the motives, it will make the pixel more self-determined than if they are not. They'll act as if they have a brain, in other words.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Advertisement
Theorist
#11377 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 1:31 PM
You've never used the aspiration perks?? How do you instant-cure and instant-abduct your Sims then?

DJ. who?
opin suomea, kerro mulle vitsi DM:ssä (ja ole valmis selittämään se)
Mad Poster
#11378 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Probably because EA made it impossible to kill visiting playables after Seasons, and that person never installed my mod that makes it possible again.

Kevin could have done with using a few mods lol. The amount of things that annoyed him that can be modded out ...
Mad Poster
#11379 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 2:29 PM
I am enjoying Kevin's series, it's very funny, but I slightly suspect that he knows exactly what he is doing and is pretending to be clueless for the comedy value, like when he deleted the smoke alarm and then kept placing all the bathroom items inside the main room and being surprised that people shooed each other out all the time.

I have never seen a Social Worker appear on anyone's relationship panel, but I've also never seen her appear to lecture parents except when there is a neglect case.

Quote:
If you set the motives, it will make the pixel more self-determined than if they are not. They'll act as if they have a brain, in other words.

Really? What do you mean? I have never really noticed a difference between sims that have those perks set and sims which don't. I make them "earn" the motive related perks, because I feel like their motives aren't that hard to keep up without them so I don't need them most of the time.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Instructor
#11380 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I can imagine she would bear a grudge, and kick bins over! Never had that happen though!

That would actually be interesting.
I'm not sure if that happens though, I also haven't had this in my game.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#11381 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 3:36 PM
Quote:
Really? What do you mean? I have never really noticed a difference between sims that have those perks set and sims which don't. I make them "earn" the motive related perks, because I feel like their motives aren't that hard to keep up without them so I don't need them most of the time.

Well, to be fair, I do use a hack to keep them from just sitting there all the time-Cyjon's "Self-preservation" hack which impels them to take care of themselves before rotting in place: http://www.cyjon.net/node/536

"DESCRIPTION: Sims will be less stupid about taking care of needs, emphasizing hunger over bladder or energy."

With this in addition to the aspiration perks, they almost become sensible. I don't like having to babysit pixels.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#11382 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 3:45 PM
You never notice the hacks until you don't have them. I'm testing something without hacks and my sims are being so stupid.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#11383 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

I've not noticed that at all, in fact I stopped using the aspiration perks that slow motive decay because I was finding it was creating zombies- sims who didn't want to do anything except look out of the window or sit and yawn.
Mad Poster
#11384 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 5:24 PM Last edited by FranH : 11th Jun 2024 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You never notice the hacks until you don't have them. I'm testing something without hacks and my sims are being so stupid.

I did that once a very long time ago.

Never again! I could not stand playing without so many of them! "Nowhatsthis" is my particular favorite. It stops so much stuff!

Also: I found that while in the Character Profile file in SimPE, (where the photos in the profile picture are kept) I noted that the jpgs are listed in order of age, and that after the YA stage, the elder age photo is displayed-and that they're numbered (I do believe) at the day that the pixel transforms into another age.
so you can change the order of them if you're looking for a particular one-the black ones are large numbers.

Instructor
#11385 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 6:53 PM
I was in my test game experimenting with allmenus and testingcheats and I found a spawnable testingcheats object called the accessory cheat. It's a debug object in the form of the BG toybox which has options to spawn thousands and thousands of accessories. Though the menu is not intuitive (Options with sub-options have no three dots to indicate the more options, accessory categories have random ones in for example the "Outdoor" category has aspiration failure objects) it still has quite a giant selection of clutter objects, and with the help of moveobjects and snapobjectstogrid it can seriously be a smaller alternative solution if an ingame accessory object isn't extracted by a CC creator yet. I haven't seen it mentioned a lot, and the first time I had heard of it was in a comment section of an extracted object upload. What are your thoughts on this?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#11386 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
I was in my test game experimenting with allmenus and testingcheats and I found a spawnable testingcheats object called the accessory cheat. It's a debug object in the form of the BG toybox which has options to spawn thousands and thousands of accessories. Though the menu is not intuitive (Options with sub-options have no three dots to indicate the more options, accessory categories have random ones in for example the "Outdoor" category has aspiration failure objects) it still has quite a giant selection of clutter objects, and with the help of moveobjects and snapobjectstogrid it can seriously be a smaller alternative solution if an ingame accessory object isn't extracted by a CC creator yet. I haven't seen it mentioned a lot, and the first time I had heard of it was in a comment section of an extracted object upload. What are your thoughts on this?

It would probably be useful for people who staging and poseboxes-I can't see what all the accessories would do in the terms of gameplay itself.

Someone should develop it as a separate item for those who are interested but that's possibly why EA hid it behind all the cheat menus-to keep other people who have no idea what they're doing from spawning stuff they don't know what to do with.

Mad Poster
#11387 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 11:18 PM
On the topic, has anybody ever gotten Tom's Clothing Tester to work? It always throws errors for me.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11388 Old 11th Jun 2024 at 11:49 PM
The outdoor trash can can be set aflame, but won't burn down.

Also walkbys react strangely to fire. They keep going back and forth between walking by and running back to scream at the fire.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#11389 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Probably because EA made it impossible to kill visiting playables after Seasons, and that person never installed my mod that makes it possible again.

Thank you! Yeah, I always forget what's a mod and what isn't.
Field Researcher
#11390 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The outdoor trash can can be set aflame, but won't burn down.

Also walkbys react strangely to fire. They keep going back and forth between walking by and running back to scream at the fire.

I recently had a fire outdoors while there were walkbys on the lot, they just did the normal freak out thing. Maybe they'll get indecisive only if they're on their way out? Kind of like how some walkbys will mill around for a bit on the sidewalk and others don't?
Mad Poster
#11391 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 3:53 AM
Yeah, regular guests just react normally to fire (unless you have Pescado's mod, then they decide to screw off). NPCs continue doing whatever they came onto the lot to do - always funny to see a mailman just casually wading through the middle of a giant blaze to deliver a restaurant coupon.

Instructor
#11392 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 1:17 PM
It would probably be useful for people who staging and poseboxes-I can't see what all the accessories would do in the terms of gameplay itself.

Someone should develop it as a separate item for those who are interested but that's possibly why EA hid it behind all the cheat menus-to keep other people who have no idea what they're doing from spawning stuff they don't know what to do with.

Accessory Spawn Cheat made buyable (Although it isn't a separate object)
That's why I mentioned this, if you want a cluttered looking house you can easily use these. You can't really use them for poseboxes and staging because if you place an accessory with moveobjects on a Sim's hand and it snaps to the hand slot it disappears after a while in live mode. Kind of a bummer...

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#11393 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 5:23 PM
I saw nanny peeing herself. I did not know that this could happen also npcs. But she had lot of doing with hungry, sleepy and dirty twin toddlers while their parents were ill.
Instructor
#11394 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
I saw nanny peeing herself. I did not know that this could happen also npcs. But she had lot of doing with hungry, sleepy and dirty twin toddlers while their parents were ill.

Did she clean up the puddle she left after? At least not add more work for the poor parents. Nannies are so weird in this game. They'll do anything and everything except their purpose...

My Simblr
Scholar
#11395 Old 12th Jun 2024 at 11:02 PM
I discovered you can meet someone new through gossip.

I moved Russ Bear (the burglar) into the neighborhood. He didn't know many people and he had the wish to meet someone new. He did know Iris (formerly the teen Ivy) Copur because I made them meet to set them up as a couple. She was gossiping to him about the other burglar, Jessica Ebadi, who had robbed the Copur household, and he got his want fulfilled. I checked his memories and indeed, he had just "met" Jessica. He also had a negative relationship with her and wanted to talk to her--I presume to chew her out for robbing his potential girlfriend. After all, they are fellow burglars!
Mad Poster
#11396 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 5:41 AM
I was playing around with Charles Object Editor and NPC - Robot. I got it to display a thought bubble.

'Stop visual effects' didn't have any noticeable effect. Teleporting it near the editor teleported the physical robot. Striking it with lightning didn't work (just silently failed).

Mad Poster
#11397 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 11:13 AM
I was reading a thread over at GOS where they're holding a building challenge for people to use floor plans generated by ChatGPT, and they're quite ridiculous: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=38819.0

So I did my own-I do have an account there, and I decided to ask it to design a small house in Sims 2.

The results were quite amusing-and I don't know if I dare to use these ideas....
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#11398 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Did she clean up the puddle she left after? At least not add more work for the poor parents. Nannies are so weird in this game. They'll do anything and everything except their purpose...

No, she did not . But parents had also hired a maid.
Instructor
#11399 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
No, she did not . But parents had also hired a maid.

Imagine being a maid and just seeing pee puddles everywhere... By the nanny.

My Simblr
Theorist
#11400 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 1:15 PM
floor plans generated by ChatGPT
What was its training model, my build archive from 2009? Man, I gotta change my Google Drive password...

DJ. who?
opin suomea, kerro mulle vitsi DM:ssä (ja ole valmis selittämään se)
Page 456 of 463