MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: rectangular arch w/ rounded corners***Fixed V3 5/2***

by ta539 Posted 12th Apr 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 2nd May 2005 at 12:40 AM by ta539

187 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 185 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:03 PM
poor Ta, thanks for trying again
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 18th Apr 2005 at 10:49 PM
I'm sorry, ta539- I had the same problem. The missing pixels go all of the way down the coulumn on the arch piece now. The center/connecting/hanging piece works fine, but the arch/column piece is missing pixels. I think it may be an EP-compatability issue, as the people having problems all have the expansion...
Forum Resident
#103 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 1:47 AM
So, I can make the entry way as wide as I want by adding more tops between the edges? And Sims can walk under the tops? Too cool! I'll try it now.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 5:11 PM
Thanks But i am having the same problem lots of pixles missing.

Anyway love it still.

-Shameless-
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 1:07 AM
Sumimasen kedo, onaji mondai ga arimashita. Nuketeiru pikuseru ha ima keta no zentai ni arimasu. Mannaka no ha ii kedo, yoko ni aru no nikko mada nuketeimasu. University to no aishou no mondai deshou. Mondai ga aru na hito ha minna University ga aru no hito da kara. Mou ichido, kore wo tsukutta kara, arigatou! Jishou wo tsukutta kara, nani ga hen de areba, gomenasai.
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 7:45 AM
Looks great, thank you :gidea:
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:29 AM
Theses are great! Love your flooring in the black and white room too. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 11:50 AM
I dont have EP and I have the pixelated columns as well. I didnt test the fixed version once I saw it had more problems than the first. I didnt say anything since it was already reported. I would be greatful however for them to be fixed.
Scholar
#110 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 12:16 AM
Woo-Hoo! I LOVE it! TX!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Piewke
Ta, i just checked them in my game after redownloading and i'm so sorry to tell you that it isn't better, but worse
before, the missing pixel were only on top of the arch, now it goes through the whole arch from top to feet :weep:

any suggestions?

Piewke
Shameless_wedgie
Silentthunder19
nectere.......and more.

Thank you for waiting.
I uploaded fixed arch few minutes ago.
Please test it and please report.
Thank you always!!
Ta539 :viking:
Test Subject
#112 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 6:13 PM
I tried out the fixed arch and there still missing pixels on the whole arch seemed all most worse than the first fix. I have ep installed also. Love the arch-please keep trying to fix it
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:29 AM
Your stuff totally rocks and I have just about everything, sadly however..I regret to say it is worse. I did go ahead and download it again which overwrote the last one I was holding on to (the first one).

but we have faith in ya!

psst..simwardrobe has a square column if you want to take a look at it. Just to look at the mesh or something. I know squat about meshing or I would gladly help if I could. My thing is skinning and building right now.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:57 AM
Hi ta539, the arches (I downloaded the original) work fine in my game and I have the ep.

To the people having problems with it, you should try checking if your game is set to High for Sim/object detail. That is often the problem when an object or mesh doesn't show up correctly. It might be because your detail is set on low.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 6:04 AM
got my stuff set on high, maybe its a graphics card issue? I have nvidia gforce2 mx with the latest drivers.

(dont laugh the computer was free, I just had to reformat/rebuild it!)
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 2:13 PM
Just re-downloaded. I'll test them after work tonight.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 4:22 PM
Like it makes a good 4 way room divider 4 roms 4 curved bits and a big cross
Test Subject
#118 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 5:14 PM
works great for me in my sims 2.. thank you. there wonderful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nectere
Your stuff totally rocks and I have just about everything, sadly however..I regret to say it is worse. I did go ahead and download it again which overwrote the last one I was holding on to (the first one).

but we have faith in ya!

psst..simwardrobe has a square column if you want to take a look at it. Just to look at the mesh or something. I know squat about meshing or I would gladly help if I could. My thing is skinning and building right now.

Oh no!!! :bricks:
I'll fix it AGAIN! :salute:
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 2:35 PM
I tried it in my game last night, and it is still not working. I downloaded SimPE to see if I could try working on the arch, but I couldn't get SimPE to work. I have heard that it doesn't always work for everyone, though. If you can fix the arch, that would be wonderful! If not, that's okay, too. I really love the idea, and I appreciate all of the hard work you have put into this so far. It must be really frustrating to you! Thank you for making it! I will try it one more time after you work on it some more, but it could just be that some computers just can't handle it properly!
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 10:59 PM
Thank You!
Just wanted to say thank you and let you know your talent is greatly apprieciated. They look beautiful, I can't wait to use them!!
Field Researcher
#122 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 12:07 AM
Those are HOT!!Thank you!
Field Researcher
#123 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 10:45 PM
Hi ta

I'm working with some of your objects today I'll be posting in the recolor section soon, when I first did the arch it had a different color on the corners as mentioned before and tryed the new file and now its all one color instead of the texture I put on (which came out nice too) the middle part is the texture I put on and you can see how the arch came out.I just made a new colored piece to match the middle which is very nice too until you can figure out whats happening.

Jessica

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 11:16 PM
Very nice, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 12:59 AM
Wow very nice work
Page 5 of 8