4 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#14701 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoyaJoelle
Is there a mod that makes sims gain talent badges faster?

Monique's computer does
Advertisement
Instructor
#14702 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Am I imagining things or did someone make birthday candles that could go on any cake?

It’s a bit of a stretch but I thought the birthday candles for any cake idea might have come from seeing candles on cakes that can be baked in the game.
Sadly, those cakes also have to be bought from the catalogue. I also really like the idea of baking your own birthday cakes.

Still, in case anyone is interested.
NixNivis’ original version:
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5700
LimeyYoshi’s flammable version:
https://modthesims.info/d/679500/fl...thday-cake.html
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14703 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 10:53 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 25th Jun 2024 at 11:06 AM.
A hack that lets male Sims water flowers. (I suspect this would kill the flowers.)

I think they can already water bushes.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#14704 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 11:47 AM
What do you mean, my male Sims can do a perfectly fine job wate---

oooooooh
Mad Poster
#14705 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A hack that lets male Sims water flowers. (I suspect this would kill the flowers.)

Do flowers die if dogs pee on them?
Field Researcher
#14706 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 3:48 PM
I'd love a mod that changed the size and resolution of the in-game camera so we could use the album like back in the day AND have decent screenshots in it.
Field Researcher
#14707 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corax
It’s a bit of a stretch but I thought the birthday candles for any cake idea might have come from seeing candles on cakes that can be baked in the game.
Sadly, those cakes also have to be bought from the catalogue. I also really like the idea of baking your own birthday cakes.
https://modthesims.info/d/679500/fl...thday-cake.html

I guess you could have a sim bake the cake, delete it with testingcheats and then pretend the cake bought from catalog is the same

I'm sorry what?? I use the perfect plants mod so I never noticed that!
Test Subject
#14708 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
I'd love a mod that changed the size and resolution of the in-game camera so we could use the album like back in the day AND have decent screenshots in it.

omg yessss!!!! I was just searching for it yesterday but every reply was like "get a screenshot program for your computer!" or "just press win+prtscr" (no one thinks about the fullscreen players?) af
I still believe there may be an option in some .txt file like "NeighborhoodCamera.txt" where you can change the resolution and quality of the snapshots. It has to exist!
Field Researcher
#14709 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlynn
omg yessss!!!! I was just searching for it yesterday but every reply was like "get a screenshot program for your computer!" or "just press win+prtscr" (no one thinks about the fullscreen players?) af
I still believe there may be an option in some .txt file like "NeighborhoodCamera.txt" where you can change the resolution and quality of the snapshots. It has to exist!

I played in fullscreen and can take screenshots using win+prtscr or alt+win+prntscr or whatever it is. I have no idea if I had to change any settings to make that possible but there's hope for your fullscreen game!

A setting where you can change the maximum in-game screenshot size would make a lot of sense, but I've Googled this a million times and only see the "get a screenshot program" advice even if it's not as simple as a .txt file, there's got to be a setting somewhere. I feel like I remember the camera having different sizes you could choose from based on your PC's screen, so maybe one day it'll turn out that can be updated for modern screens!
Mad Poster
#14710 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima

I think it's only for very outgoing male Sims.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14711 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 8:46 PM
I feel like I remember the camera having different sizes you could choose from based on your PC's screen, so maybe one day it'll turn out that can be updated for modern screens!

Unless someone has made a mod recently, there only ever was 3 sizes you could choose from, and the largest is 600x450. The quality isn't the greatest, either (I think it compresses the files, and it also saves as JPG which can cause some of the quality loss (I suspect there's added compression and some quality loss even for the high quality setting). If you use a screenshot program you often get the option to save as different format/sizes/names/etc, and so much more.

I do remember going from the ingame camera to screenshots, and the difference was so big I've never been tempted to go back.

Mostly what I use the ingame pics for these days is to remember which CAS families are in which hoods (auto-pics after CAS).

You sometimes get larger screenshots in the Screenshot folder, but I think those are temporary (and I can't quite remember when they appear, but I think it's just one or two that keep getting replaced).
Field Researcher
#14712 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Unless someone has made a mod recently, there only ever was 3 sizes you could choose from, and the largest is 600x450. The quality isn't the greatest, either (I think it compresses the files, and it also saves as JPG which can cause some of the quality loss (I suspect there's added compression and some quality loss even for the high quality setting). If you use a screenshot program you often get the option to save as different format/sizes/names/etc, and so much more.

I do remember going from the ingame camera to screenshots, and the difference was so big I've never been tempted to go back.

Mostly what I use the ingame pics for these days is to remember which CAS families are in which hoods (auto-pics after CAS).

I don't think you read the conversation very carefully. I wasn't saying that the available camera sizes can be used this way, I was saying that people *might* be able to change those default sizes in the future to make them actually usable on modern screens. And yes, the quality is pretty bad, which is why I posted that a mod I'd love to see would be about updating that.

I know about screenshot programs and I take external screenshots. It would be nice to have an option of equivalent quality in-game to use the album feature. Maybe you don't miss it and that's fine, but I personally enjoyed it back in the day and would love it if it became usable again.
Field Researcher
#14713 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 9:02 PM
I think it's only for very outgoing male Sims.

ok I just now understood what you meant by "watering" the plants
for a moment I thought Maxis had really banned male sims from watering flowers cause that would be too effeminate I guess?

don't know about flowers but I had a Sim in game relieving himself into the campfire...
Forum Resident
#14714 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 9:39 PM
Quote:

She wants to watch her male sims piss on the flowers.

And, there IS a mod for that.

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop : Slots Odyssey!!
This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Test Subject
#14715 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 10:54 PM
I played in fullscreen and can take screenshots using win+prtscr or alt+win+prntscr or whatever it is. I have no idea if I had to change any settings to make that possible but there's hope for your fullscreen game!

When I screenshot the game with win+prtscr all I get is a black picture or my desktop wallpaper (what I really don't understand) I only manage to take screenshot using this when playing in windowed mode. But yes, by the end of the week I am planning on messing with these .txt files and see if I find something! I will reply this thread if I do.

And, omg I loved your username lol
Field Researcher
#14716 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlynn
When I screenshot the game with win+prtscr all I get is a black picture or my desktop wallpaper (what I really don't understand) I only manage to take screenshot using this when playing in windowed mode. But yes, by the end of the week I am planning on messing with these .txt files and see if I find something! I will reply this thread if I do.

And, omg I loved your username lol

Thank you!

Have you tried alt + printscreen? Have you checked your Pictures folder (the Windows one, sometimes it might save to Videos) to see if they're automatically saved in Screenshots?
Mad Poster
#14717 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 12:20 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Jun 2024 at 6:41 AM.
The black picture issue (or getting just the desktop) is common when using fullscreen programs/games.

I don't think I've tried Win+Printscreen in fullscreen mode for TS2, but I've had issues on-and-off on other computers when capturing TS2 in fullscreen with Gadwin Printscreen, also getting black pictures. Windowed mode goes around the issue.

These days I've gotten so used to playing windowed I almost forget I started to because of the issues I had with Gadwin Printscreen. I did have some issues getting the game to run in fullscreen on my new laptop, and windowed mode got around those issues too. Plus, I like having instant access to other files and hate tabbing out of the game, so I just figured there was no point in trying to force fullscreen.

(I use Gadwin for game screenshots because it has some options I like. Recently I've started using the Win option for more random pics, simply because it doesn't need to be started up every time).
Test Subject
#14718 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 12:33 AM
Have you tried alt + printscreen?

yes I tried this too and only got black/desktop pictures. I have the same issue in my other notebook , but running the game in the windowed mode fixes it. As simmer22 said, it's a common thing I guess.
Mad Poster
#14719 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 4:22 PM
Yeah, same, when I ran the game fullscreen.

Now I run it windowed at a size where it's almost as big as fullscreen and I can print screen easily. Fullscreen kept crashing me when I alt tabbed out to see something (and I couldn't see the time and kept playing for too long lol).
Instructor
#14720 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 5:20 PM
Do you play with RPC Launcher? From my experience, print screen takes screenshots correctly until you tab out of the game for the first time, after that it just takes black screenshots and you have to restart the game if you want more screenshots. Really annoying.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Mad Poster
#14721 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 26th Jun 2024 at 6:11 PM.
Printscreen doesn't work in fullscreen because, to simplify things, the game bypasses the operating system entirely and just feeds the video information right to the GPU. This is why playing a game in fullscreen will (usually) get you better performance than windowed.

You need something that can hook into the DirectX layer. FRAPS (though the free version will only output bitmap files), or if you use Steam you can add TS2 as a third-party game to use the F12 key.

Scholar
#14722 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 6:32 PM
For me print screening works on Windows Server 2008 R2 without Aero. Maybe Aero can somehow "steal" the 3D context. I use IrfanView, which has a very basic method for capturing the screen. It works in most basic games that don't use an intermediate off-screen buffer. When "deferred" rendering came about with false lights and custom scaling (like in Euro Truck Simulator), that made print-screen stop working in some cases. It also doesn't work in very old games with 256 colors because of extra conversion to true color.

Sims 2 is smack in the middle of the era of normal games where the framebuffer can be easily captured.

You want to output simple uncompressed format like BMP or TGA so that there is no delay (without a computer from NASA) and you can press the key quickly to get the desired moment.

Mad Poster
#14723 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 11:25 AM
I can't remember if I have mentioned this before, but I wish there was a way to remove the black bars in cutscenes. I got obsessed with this again recently after finding an audio fix, and started googling about it and found some overly technical stuff but nothing I could understand. You can see what I mean in these screenshots (open the section that is called "In-Game rendered cutscenes").

I'm on 16:9 and while it's not as obstructive as the "eye-finity" resolution, it's still annoying because the cutscene totally misses the action in certain shots - mainly woohoo but also first kiss is not displayed properly. So annoying!

https://www.wsgf.org/dr/sims-2

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Forum Resident
#14724 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 2:33 PM
I always wished that the Zecutine’s What a Steal Wall Display and the Zecutine’s Stack ‘em High Display Table were functional, in that sims could browse them and have the opportunity to buy or try on clothes from them. As deco, they're just useless. Put 'em in a shop to make it look like you can go shopping, but don't have them do anything other than take up space. Genius. I figured, by now, 17 years after the H&M Stuff pack was released, somebody would've done it. But i've yet to see one. Wasted opportunity in that pack. It's not like they didn't have the Zecutine's Cube Stand Clothing Racks in the pack...

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Prior Workshop : Slots Odyssey!!
This Workshop is a guide to adding container slots to your object! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Instructor
#14725 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I always wished that the Zecutine’s What a Steal Wall Display and the Zecutine’s Stack ‘em High Display Table were functional, in that sims could browse them and have the opportunity to buy or try on clothes from them. As deco, they're just useless. Put 'em in a shop to make it look like you can go shopping, but don't have them do anything other than take up space. Genius. I figured, by now, 17 years after the H&M Stuff pack was released, somebody would've done it. But i've yet to see one. Wasted opportunity in that pack. It's not like they didn't have the Zecutine's Cube Stand Clothing Racks in the pack...

I have always thought the same thing, and it seems like such an easy change to do. Maybe it is time I start learning how to mod - I have lots of programming experience but any time I look at BHAVs I give up, give me proper code instead of that mess lol

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Page 589 of 593