MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: rectangular arch w/ rounded corners***Fixed V3 5/2***

by ta539 Posted 12th Apr 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 2nd May 2005 at 12:40 AM by ta539

187 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 185 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 1:12 AM
Hey Jessica, are you saying that if we recolor the arch the pixilation (sp?) goes away?
Scholar
#127 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:18 AM
I have an integrated video card in my notebook pc. Most settings to do with the way objects look set on medium or high. I also have the EP installed. I have only used the white one so far, but it looks and works great in my game, in all zooms. No holes anywhere. Maybe having a lousey video card has some advantages. Thank you for this great object. I love it.

Teresa
Field Researcher
#128 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 6:11 AM
nectere, I have no idea how the inner workings work lol, but I retextured the arch with pine and it came out plain colored as shows. I have also re-textured it with brick and rocks and when I put the new file in they also turned plain color.

Jessica

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#129 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessicaRitchie
nectere, I have no idea how the inner workings work lol, but I retextured the arch with pine and it came out plain colored as shows. I have also re-textured it with brick and rocks and when I put the new file in they also turned plain color.

Jessica

Hi Jessica!
Your recolor work is very nice!!
I had forgotten to do the mapping of the texture.
And, the problem that the pixel missing is not solved yet.
So, I'll upload fixed version next time, please try to recolor again.
Thank you!!
(If my English is rude to you, please forgive me...)
Ta539 :viking:
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 8:20 PM
Thank you so much!! These are awesome!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#131 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nectere
Your stuff totally rocks and I have just about everything, sadly however..I regret to say it is worse. I did go ahead and download it again which overwrote the last one I was holding on to (the first one).

but we have faith in ya!

psst..simwardrobe has a square column if you want to take a look at it. Just to look at the mesh or something. I know squat about meshing or I would gladly help if I could. My thing is skinning and building right now.

nectere
silentthunder19
Jessica
....and more

Sorry for keeping you waiting.
I tried to make it again.
Please test and report.

BTW...
Does this problem happen only to my object?
Are other objects of me also the same?
Test Subject
#132 Old 2nd May 2005 at 2:27 AM
I just want to be the first to say it is all fixed!!!!!! No missing pixels. Thanks Ta539 Love your work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#133 Old 2nd May 2005 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tela
I just want to be the first to say it is all fixed!!!!!! No missing pixels. Thanks Ta539 Love your work.

Wow!! Really??
I'm very happy
How about other everybody?
Has the problem gone?
#134 Old 2nd May 2005 at 6:51 PM
I like your work very much!!thx!!
#135 Old 3rd May 2005 at 1:32 PM
cool,I love it
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 3rd May 2005 at 4:59 PM Last edited by Piewke : 4th May 2005 at 8:14 PM.
will try at once Ta, so happy you didn't gave up with this awesome object.

btw. i have the same problem with some other objects (think from elva sims) will look in the game at once and take some pic. maybe with your new knowing abouth fixing this problem elva can fix hers too

EDIT to tell you that everything looks fine now :yippee:
i'm so thankfull and happy :jig:

will post some pics from my other pixeled objects tomorrow, would be to great if you can share your new know how with other creators to rescue their objects for us.

thanks again and again :bow:
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 4th May 2005 at 9:07 PM
How the heck did I miss this? This is fabulous!
Test Subject
#138 Old 8th May 2005 at 9:03 PM
WOW!!! This is a very fantastic work. It's very perfect
Field Researcher
#139 Old 9th May 2005 at 3:17 PM
Ta539, thank you a lot for had fixed that grainy problem in the corner arches. This set is beautiful and I was bummed for not be able to use it in my game. Now I'm a happy Simmer! :D

I have the same problem with some objects from Elva Sims. And I love her work!

What looks perfect in creators monitors depends on their comps systems/video cards. Not all of players computers are top of line. I believe the grainy looks in some objects are due the lack of anti-aliasing in some video cards like mine.

My question is; if this doesn't hapen with the games original objects, why some user creators objects show up all grainy for some players? I'm sure there is a fix to this problem. Just like Ta539 did! YAY!!!
Test Subject
#140 Old 10th May 2005 at 4:14 PM
At last, i play with the version 3 fixed, i see fine in the game, without grain, all work
Field Researcher
#141 Old 12th May 2005 at 5:04 PM Last edited by niny : 12th May 2005 at 7:41 PM.
BTW, Elva fixed that pretty bathtub which had the same grainy looks. YAY!! Now I can have it in my game

Elva, if you read in here, you should know that you bar stool and matching chair have the same problem.

Thank you a lot for fix the bathtub
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 13th May 2005 at 7:28 PM
after Ta managed to fix the arch, i send a mail to Elva with pics of the grainy objects (barstool, tub) to let her know abouth the problem and that there's someone here at mts who could help her to fix.

she answered me that she will just try to fix them.
glad she did the tub and be sure that the stool will follow soon
Test Subject
#143 Old 14th May 2005 at 3:49 PM Last edited by elva : 14th May 2005 at 3:51 PM.
I'm sorry , I meant to fix the objects last week , for some reasons , it will have to wait. But I would fix them as soon as possible . Thank you for care my site, my friends.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 15th May 2005 at 12:59 PM
take your time, Elva. it's great you will give it a try to fix. no need to hurry.
thanks for replying here
#145 Old 19th May 2005 at 3:42 AM
where is the midle part? i had it. But when i downloaded the update, it is not in my game anymore.Please, someone post it again.
Test Subject
#146 Old 22nd May 2005 at 1:07 AM
whoa sweet thanks
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 22nd May 2005 at 2:27 AM
Beautiful. Thank you TA
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#148 Old 22nd May 2005 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tutoyuri
where is the midle part? i had it. But when i downloaded the update, it is not in my game anymore.Please, someone post it again.

"middle part" is included in the zip file in the name "sp2_roundedwall_top_white.package".
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 27th May 2005 at 5:18 AM
Very cool... Thank you so much for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 29th May 2005 at 6:36 AM
Thanks for sharing your lovely creations. :howdy:
Page 6 of 8