Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:11 PM
I'm having a weird problem, my lot is valued 11000 unfurnished
the flooring is worth 4 per tile and the wall covering 5 so that price unfurnished is impossible
do you know what may cause this?
Advertisement
The other one
#127 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:25 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think counter tops, cabinets and sinks count toward the unfurnished cost. In the same way that if you moved into an unfurnished house in the US or UK you'd expect the very basics of a fitted kitchen and plumbing items to be included. Possibly light fixtures too (in game).
Mother Function
retired moderator
#128 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leriety
the flooring is worth 4 per tile and the wall covering 5 so that price unfurnished is impossible

I had this problem, too. Suddenly my lot jumped from 8,000 to 12,000 out of nowhere. Even after I deleted every item in the room it was still at $6,000.

Unfortunately, my solution was to demolish the lot and then start over again. However, you might want to first try exiting the lot and then reentering to see if it fixes the glitch.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Inconceivable!
#129 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leriety

I also had this issue. Another idea, in addition to daluved1's suggestion, might be to save the lot to your bin, bulldoze the old lot, and re-place the furnished lot in your world. That way you wouldn't have to start from scratch, although I'm not certain whether it's going to work or not. I just bulldozed and started over, but I never could get the initial price down to 1,800. It was always at 2,000 for me.

Good luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#130 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Solventpost
Edit: Are the Invisible lights from BuyDebug allowed?

As long as you're only using them to light the room for photos. You must have SOME other lights in the room that would light the room up otherwise.

As for the jump in price, that's just plain bizarre. I've never seen or heard of anything like that happening before. I really don't know a fix for it.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#131 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 2:58 AM
Am I allowed to use a bay window and put deco objects in it? Or would that be too akin to trying to extend the rooms limits or something? Sorry if it's a silly question

I've been lucky. My price jump is only $20 (which is still odd, but means I'm just ignoring it - unless I get to the end and discover I need a $20 item ) - so $2000 all up with the Fun Item
Instructor
#132 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 3:59 AM
My second favourite colour. Green. ^^

Unlike the last round, I am fairly certain I actually got everything this time.

(I can't believe I forgot the coffee table. I even had one picked out to use too. )
Screenshots

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#133 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:44 AM
I don't know.. i felt like going for red this time

World used in screenshots by Awesims: Pounawea
(that doesn't count as CC.. right?)
Field Researcher
#134 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 5:59 AM
First off, for the record, I also had the price jump problem show up. I've had that happen before, and I'm not sure why it happens. I wish I had something else to contribute to that! As a result, my plan changed a little, but I think it ended up just as well.

Now, for my entry. This time, I decided to do something for a child. I know, kids can't actually use stoves and the like, but the idea, decor wise, was a kid's playhouse. It's partially inspired by the Simspsons house (another thread on this forum led me to some research in which I discovered there was a real house in Las Vegas that inspired the decor for the Simspsons house).

Anyway, enough blah blah, here we go!

World used is Armiel's Builder's Island - DIY , available right here on MTS. I mention it cause it's perfect for this type of contest.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 6:42 AM
Strange that so many of us experienced the jump in prices! Mine would even change from one moment to the next.

So, I made a 10x10 lot and put a new fresh copy of the room on it and never had a problem after that. My first kitchen was on a larger lot and I think that is what caused some of my problems. I'm sure it is different for everyone!

*nice rooms, everyone! :lovestruc
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator
#136 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 6:51 AM Last edited by King_Deadly : 27th Oct 2012 at 8:16 PM. Reason: a picture dint showed up
so here i give you my kitchen! its on a very moderated price not expensive but not cheap. its formal classy and with its hits of colors
Field Researcher
#137 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:44 AM
(Bay window question no longer relevant).

I said I had only had a small jump, but then I had a big jump and even after demolishing everything on the lot it was still thousands of dollars for the empty land. So I started over, decided my idea was too expensive, started again, got to 9995, decided to finish casting later, went to edit town, it jumped to 7880, went in, still that.

So basically I'm really, really confused about where I am in my budget right now.
Scholar
Original Poster
#138 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 10:13 AM
Okay this value jumping thing is going a little nuts. I'm forced to assume it was my file that somehow screwed things up so while its too late to change anything for this round (almost half of you have already put up your entry) I'll try to fix things for round 3. I'll use a world separate from my build file and see what other changes I can make to make sure there's nothing wrong with the export file. I really am sorry this is happening everyone but I have no idea what might be causing it!

Basically, I say just try your best, if there's absolutely nothing you can do tell us why you've gone over budget and if anyone thinks you would have gone over budget anyway I'll pop into game, check it, and say yay or nay. I'm a little busy this week but it won't take more than 20 minutes to check realistically.

charmedqueen, Myshia and Jaguwar I'm adding your round 2 entries to the chart now.

Lab Assistant
#139 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I'm not 100% sure but I think counter tops, cabinets and sinks count toward the unfurnished cost. In the same way that if you moved into an unfurnished house in the US or UK you'd expect the very basics of a fitted kitchen and plumbing items to be included. Possibly light fixtures too (in game).

I've actually checked the price of everything and it was around 6000, so having a value of 11000 is still weird.
I'll see if I have a 10x10 lot, I believe my current one is 20x20, though since its empty it shouldn't affect the price in theory
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReyaD
Okay this value jumping thing is going a little nuts. I'm forced to assume it was my file that somehow screwed things up...

Actually, the jump in build prices for a lot of these builds sounds like a common issue where builders get "overcharged" for modular cabinets and seating if you move them around (which I assume a lot of us are doing in a tiny kitchen build, even accidentally, but which didn't really come into play in the living room.) Basically, if you move a modular cabinet and make a corner, and then move it away from the corner, you get charged double or triple. It can add up quickly, especially if you are using expensive cabinetry. However the overage gets refunded if you pop into 'Edit Town' (i.e., what happened to Tamlyn -- the 7880 is what the actual amount of the stuff in the room is; the 9995 included overcharging for cabinetry.)

Here's a thread that explains it: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/f...pic,1669.0.html

Of course, if things are not changing when people pop into 'Edit Town' or demolish and replace fresh (without touching the cabinets again) then this is probably not the issue with those particular builds.
Field Researcher
#141 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 12:53 PM
Thank you for that, sionelle! Knowing that I can fiddle around a bit more (and put in the lights I forgot *cough*)
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:14 PM
Here's my entry, this time I actually took my time. The value issue reset when I re-entered the lot, I actually saved and re-opened it after finishing to make sure the value was right..

PS: I just remembered I have a magazines default replacement but that shouldn't be a problem.
Scholar
Original Poster
#143 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 9:18 PM
I think in this case we can ignore a magazine default replacement since the value is the same, and I don't think having a different looking magazine will really give you a point difference.

Adding you to the chart.

Mad Poster
#144 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:00 PM
Would that be MY magazine default replacement that simply makes the mesh bigger? I had that in my round one submission.

Now that people are mentioning a pricing anomoly it does seem that when I place the lots in my game (happened for round one as well) my starting figure is $20 more than the figure stated. Not a big deal really for me though as I haven't exactly been planning to go dead to the limit.
I also thought something was off with my entry this round before I took the pictures. I took the pictures in a different play session to creating the actual build and I think I ended up with a price difference of about $250 between them. I did move the counters around quite a lot before being happy with where they are.

Also, as a side observation, we do all seem to LOVE the new Supernatural 'fridge and cooker don't we?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#145 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 2:55 AM
You know what, I also had moved the counters around a bit in an attempt to try a different configuration (partly because it seemed EVERYONE put their counters in the same spot LOL).

Anyway, it's no big deal, I managed to get back to something I liked, so it turned out all right.
Instructor
#146 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 3:09 AM
Quote:
You know what, I also had moved the counters around a bit in an attempt to try a different configuration (partly because it seemed EVERYONE put their counters in the same spot LOL).

I tried another way, then settled for the one I entered, mostly cause it wouldn't work the other way I wanted. I didn't expect others to place the counters in the same place.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Interstellar Traveler
#147 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 5:42 AM
Alrighty! Here we are! I would like to call this one Regal Overcast. I hope you like it, as I tried to go for a worn look, but yet give a feeling like an overcast day would give you.

Judges Note: Okay, so I still was not able to figure out what is causing this strange issue in my game with my sinks to where, instead of snapping to the counters, they just sink to the ground. I had to use an OMSP to shift it up to the counter, but it's not perfect and looks a little strange. I am really sorry about it, but I am still trying to figure out what's causing this glitch.

Now, to the entry:

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Scholar
Original Poster
#148 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:06 AM
Adding your second round entry to the chart, SeeMyu!

Lab Assistant
#149 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:18 AM
Yet another kitchen using the Supernatural oven! I went for a sort of old-fashioned French country for this, thinking of a young couple on a small farm. I jacked the screen up on a re-sizing OMSP to make it into shutters for the windows.
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#150 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:22 AM
Looks good, sionelle! xD I love that oven too. I'm not surprised its being used so much.

Adding you to the chart.

Page 6 of 20