MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teleport at will for Sims with max logic

by jordi Posted 10th Aug 2007 at 11:03 PM - Updated 11th Aug 2007 at 10:58 AM by jordi : variant added

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 32 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 11:35 PM
cool idea! I always wanted to be able to teleport. Now I can do it digitally.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Aug 2007 at 11:38 PM
Nice! Chances are, this was what people (like me) was actually expecting to do once they've maxed out the logic skill (instead of having to meditate first).

Best. Bon Voyage preview. Ever.

Denis Leary and Max Goldberg - modern American heroes!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 12:40 AM
Thank you this will make those smart sims have fun teleporting all over.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 12:56 AM
Great mod, thanks alot!
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 3:02 AM
Really nice, thanks a lot.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 3:53 AM
Looks cool but is this an object mod or an global mod, for if an object, what the object looks like?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:30 AM
COOL! they can like teleport to secret rooms! wicked! thanks

i am going to get Tosha Go, and it's going to look like an accident... because, she stole my newspaper.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:54 AM
Gastalt -- As far as the game code is concerned, Sims are objects. Since this mod is completely in the Sim menu, and no existing behaviour is changed (nothing happens when you don't click have a Sim selected), I guessed "object mod" was the better place for it. It isn't a global mod really.
Instructor
#10 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 7:19 AM
This is great for my Harry Potter neighborhoods cuz it's so much like apparition. Thanks for this, and is there any chance of having teleportation for all sims at some point? Is there already a mod like this? Thanks for this though, it'll be really useful!
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:03 AM
Great! I often have "secret" rooms in my houses but it's a bit annoying that sims have to meditate for some hours until reaching the meditation point. 10 points of logic it's a good compromize. Thank you veeery much!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 9:50 AM
sweet download, does it also work in another langue?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kagevictor
Great mod, thanks alot!

is not a mod is a thing you can find in the sims 2 games without downloading this!
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 11:00 AM
Pepper: "free" teleport version added.

LadyYuna: yes, it should work for all languages. But the text will always be in English.

modman3000!: not really. This mod allows teleportation at any time (as long as logic is high enough), and does not require the Sim to be meditating first.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 2:04 PM
Hi,
Just want to let you know I have not downloaded any mods like this, and as long as all skills are maxed out. Sim will teleport,
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 2:11 PM
I don't doubt there are other mods which enable it.

Unless you're talking about the teleport-while-meditating: I know of that and based the code on it, but since that takes a long time and isn't 100% reliable, I use this hack to enable it also while Sims are standing, walking, etc., and work immediately.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 6:00 PM
I think the insimenator has teleportation for all sims. IT's either that or some other hack that i have.

Save the earth, its the only planet with chocolate.
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 1:13 PM
I must have a mod or hack as i already can teleport and i can fly as a bat for all sims and doesn't need to have max logic but the logic thing is a good idea.
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 1:54 PM
I did have some trouble since I downloaded this mod. This may be caused by my lack of care on my downloads, but the game does not react correctly.

On start up, I have a warning saying taht this mod can disturb the content of the game and the game have been slower to start up since I have it. There is other effets that happened but I can't relate them to the mod... maybe they don't; but it could affect some alphas or meshes.

Otherwise, the mod was working perfectly.

Can you help me with this one?
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 3:08 PM Last edited by jordi : 13th Aug 2007 at 3:16 PM.
sylvestred:

The warning is normal: this is a mod that changes global behaviour (a hack). TS2 detects this, and warns you.
Set your settings according to the screenshot here to prevent the warning from occuring in the future.

If you are new to TS2 (or at least, new to custom content), I suggest you read some of the game help articles from this site. They're typically well written and contain the answers to most questions you may have about custom content.

As for the other issues you mention: I can't imagine how this hack would make your game noticably slower. All this hack changes is a few lines of game code.
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:42 PM
I FRIGGEN LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! Your Da Bomb!!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:41 PM
Wow This IS GREAT! Thanks man!
BTW: It Works If You Just Have Pets ( You Dont Need Both)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 3:48 PM
a little warning to people who love using this a bit too much: don't teleport while sitting in a chair. It makes the chair unusable, and you have to use moveobjects on to delete it and buy another one. lol. whoops. (love the mod!!!!) And, I'd imagine that teleporting while swimming may cause some problems as well.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM
I think I put a check in for the swimming scenario so that the option shouldn't be available then.

As for the chair -- shift-click and reset (with testing cheats on) should also work. The same goes for sofas, loveseats, etc. -- don't do it while seated, or the object gets locked.
Test Subject
#25 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 7:14 PM
I love this mod, gives people another reason to get to the top of a skill line.
Page 1 of 2