Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 5:03 PM
Default Why does “Carly Boo” sound familiar?
I found a file for a lot on a back up disk. The attached txt file is signed “Carly Boo” and it makes my brain itch because I feel like I should know that name. I should be able to associate that creator name with a site.

There is a “Carly Boo” on instagram, but it looks like it’s all selfies of this girl who doesn’t look old enough to have been building lots 20 years ago.

Do you ever wish for a directory of cc creator names? I don’t want to follow anybody home or anything, but it would be nice to say “Oh yeah, they did CC for Insert game or games and posted stuff on Insert website .”
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 6:06 PM Last edited by kenoi : 11th Aug 2024 at 6:20 PM.
If the creator wanted to be credited for their work -- I personally don't care, I consider all of this creative content shared by the community, as we're all learning from each other -- then their details are usually in the readme text file accompanying the mod, and/or their creator initials are prepended/appended to the mod's file name.

I do make it a point to always credit other people for their work/input, however (including pointing to different, relevant websites). It helps to connect the community.

There's no Sims 1 community directory that I know of. Though it would have been cool if someone would have created one. It would be very hard creating it now, going back in time.

Back in those days, we relied on affiliate links/badges to find other Sims creators, with similar interests. So you would stumble onto one creator's website, and from there through the affiliate links/badges you would discover another creator, and from their website another, et cetera. That's how the community was connected through the web. (That's actually why it's called a "web".)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2024 at 5:39 AM Last edited by kenoi : 12th Aug 2024 at 6:15 AM.
It's not quite the same thing as what you're looking for, but Andrasta's World does contain a community directory of sorts -- listing some of the most well-known and prominent sites in the community at the time (as well as others):

http://doortomore.net/andrasta_links.html

Some are creator sites, some are community group channels, and some are community forums. Some are still up, and using the Wayback Machine you can still browse most of them.

(You're welcome.)