Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#7026 Old Today at 2:15 PM
The authors generally don't give you much story to discover. I wish there was more because reading dialogue usually motivates me to progress in other games. It's an open sandbox/dollhouse for the player to go in any direction.

If Landgrab's businesses were already developed, the player would have nothing to do. Maybe he should have more wealth. But I can understand how he would invest the money to make more instead of keeping it and have it diminish to inflation, since the stock market was yet to be invented in FreeTime. And a Japanese market meltdown can easily wipe over 10% of my portfolio, which is yet to recover.

Developing the Electronics Supercenter takes little effort, since it sells expensive items. You just have to price up the small stuff like alarm clocks and stock more EP computers. Dante is a money sink: It needs a lot of investment to expand it with a second floor, and game mods that help employees not get lost with long distance walks, and people not be stupid abandoning their dinner plate at maximum priority and starting a fire. It needs an employee for cleaning and another for providing food. All other businesses are hopeless, with Florence and the Ramirezes suffering from low stamina. And the bread shop with plastic cakes has too low revenue if limited to small food items and a barista.

Landgrab's house is alright considering that he is a Runner. He doesn't suffer much from objects being spread out. There is even reserve for a garage. However, I would like to fit more into a home of that size, a gym. Malcolm Landgrab is a loner. He doesn't need more than one bed to invite a woman over temporarily. Delarosa's house is close to optimal, but she needs to move in a runner girl ASAP to work the crafting stand. The plastic cake salesman Jacquet was probably meant to go with her, but he is so weak that he can only sit at a computer all day, xd. The furniture shop can work with a runner girl, maybe Melody Tinker, and a JCB to flatten the cliff.

I like that Bluewater is a small add-on to the base neighborhood. I don't feel like abandoning everyhing and starting from scratch. It has a lot of unwelcoming empty space with plain grass.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7027 Old Today at 5:45 PM
A current pet peeve of mine is that a gardening mod that needed at least 10 other mods and add-ons in order to work kind of broke my game.
Even now, after removing said mod and all its branches, my sim still glitches and resets after planting the normal seeds.

Another pet peeve of mine that I will not open a new thread to complain about is that I submitted a couple of items 10-12 days ago and not a single mod looked at them, so I kind of lost hope of seeing them on-site anytime soon.
I worked quite a bit to build those lots and no one seems to care. :/
Page 282 of 282