Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#876 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 7:38 PM Last edited by HarVee : 8th Jul 2024 at 4:41 AM.
Not sure if it exists, I haven't found it if it does, but a mod that lets you enable/disable which music tracks you can hear on each station. This was a feature in TS2 and is a feature in TS4, but EA seemed to have ignored that ability with TS3.

I would rather enjoy it if I could disable all of the songs rerecorded by real artists, I find many of them are just awful and daunting and honestly a bit immersion breaking. Sims is its own world; I'd rather not hear songs by Katy Perry, for example, that ultimately make the game feel dated and brings me back to reality.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Scholar
#877 Old 9th Jul 2024 at 3:32 AM
I want the TS4 wedding cake cutting interaction where the newlyweds feed cake to each other.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
#878 Old 9th Jul 2024 at 10:09 AM
I would love if there existed a voting machine/voting-system for sims (to use in everything from political elections and local democracy to food/dance/music -competitions.

Maybe a voting-staion + voting vouchers in some different colours? …And some connected social interactions; Make campaigns and persuade sims to vote. It would open up for so manny sorts of gameplays and simlish drama.
Mad Poster
#879 Old 9th Jul 2024 at 7:50 PM
I'm quite surprised to find no mod that lets you recategorize/hide the buy/build content within the game itself. It would be easier to do it in-game than dealing with S3PE since in-game you can see the thumbnail image of the object.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#880 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 3:56 PM
I wish that somebody would fix the problem with Seasons and Generations. If a kid is sick and stays home while there is a class trip, parents will punish her/him because game took it as truancy. (Also, it would be nice if player could prevent the lecturing/punishment if they will. Why all sim parents have to be good parents?)

I think there is also problem with celebrity system. (And maybe there is mod for that already) It is unrealistic and too easy that only one one-star celebrity friend makes your sim celebrity too. Also, it is weir that they got memoirs about celebirity when they are member of their own family. Toddlers does not think their mom as celebirity when they became friends with her. Also, I think there is only actor career that requires celebrity status. I think policians would need it as well.
Lab Assistant
#881 Old 16th Jul 2024 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxinepost
I would love if there existed a voting machine/voting-system for sims (to use in everything from political elections and local democracy to food/dance/music -competitions.

Maybe a voting-staion + voting vouchers in some different colours? …And some connected social interactions; Make campaigns and persuade sims to vote. It would open up for so manny sorts of gameplays and simlish drama.

This would be nice! In addition there would be election campaings and debates for sims in political career.
Scholar
#882 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
This would be nice! In addition there would be election campaings and debates for sims in political career.

The protest podium and animations would work really well for this.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Test Subject
#883 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 11:59 PM
I wish that somebody would fix the problem with Seasons and Generations. If a kid is sick and stays home while there is a class trip, parents will punish her/him because game took it as truancy. (Also, it would be nice if player could prevent the lecturing/punishment if they will. Why all sim parents have to be good parents?)

I think there is also problem with celebrity system. (And maybe there is mod for that already) It is unrealistic and too easy that only one one-star celebrity friend makes your sim celebrity too. Also, it is weir that they got memoirs about celebirity when they are member of their own family. Toddlers does not think their mom as celebirity when they became friends with her. Also, I think there is only actor career that requires celebrity status. I think policians would need it as well.

there's the user directed scolding mod by icarus_allsorts here on mts! for the too easy to become celeb one I know you can change that with an nraas mod..i wanna say story progression?
Field Researcher
#884 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 2:04 AM

This is the Harder Celebrity mod I use when I don't just turn the whole system off.
Instructor
#885 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 6:24 AM
I wish that somebody would fix the problem with Seasons and Generations. If a kid is sick and stays home while there is a class trip, parents will punish her/him because game took it as truancy. (Also, it would be nice if player could prevent the lecturing/punishment if they will. Why all sim parents have to be good parents?).

Try this https://modthesims.info/d/533906/up...ent-tweaks.html
Test Subject
#886 Old 20th Jul 2024 at 10:01 PM
Not sure if these would count as a mod per se, but I wish someone could convert the friendly and the romantic interactions from TS2 to TS3. I get tired of seeing the same animations over and over again.

Okay, to be completely honest, I wish someone could convert two versions of the romantic interactions from TS2 to TS3:
One version that is exactly like you'd see in TS2 and that would basically be considered socially acceptable in public areas if the town knows your two sims are romantically involved, and you're not cheating on your sim's spouse or anything like that.
A secondary version with the exact same animations, but adds mosaic to imply woohoo, and if your sims are in a public area they would be put in jail or would get arrested like when you spray paint graffiti on public property. Something that adds spice to the game without raising the T rating too much. I want my sims to have fun, I don't want to watch what's going on!

Thinking of interactions, I wish there were more interactions for the less interesting/seemingly less impacting traits such as Vehicle Enthusiast, Dislikes Children, and Born Salesman. I'd like a vehicle enthusiast to be constantly wanting to buy new vehicles, or "talk shop" or something like that. A sim with Dislikes Children should NEVER be happy to hear that a sim is expecting, doubly so if they're one of the parents, etc. etc. (I have Mingos' Birds/Bees mod, More Pregnancy Interactions V2 by TheSweetSimmer, and Family Secrets by dubbledeez which help with sims that have the Dislikes Children trait, but it's a bit... inconsistent.)

Somewhat on the same idea, I wish Evil sims could be more evil** and that punishments for criminals were more severe. I think there is something in one of the NRAAS mods that lets you adjust how long a sim goes to jail for, but I think it'd be cooler if they were under house arrest or had to do community service or could get a death penalty if they were put in jail too many times. (If your criminal sim goes to jail once or twice no big deal, if they've somehow gotten caught 15+ times the "death by electrocution" ghost could go into affect. I know, morbid, but so is a child sim accidentally drowning at a pool party because they have the athletic trait and got fatigued before they showed up to your house. Stuff happens. Besides, we're Simmers, we crave drama.)

**By 'more evil' I don't want to imply anything too violent; some examples would be a Mean interaction called 'Love Bomb' which add a positive affect to a relationship, but a negative moodlet to the person who receives the interaction. That would be quite sinister and evil. Spreading rumors perhaps, which would work well with LN's slander feature. Social manipulation rather than acts of violence. Perhaps a bit of violence, but in a cartoon-ish manner, like the drink throwing from TS4.

Lastly, and completely unrelated to the thoughts above, I wish there was a way to take pictures in-game for your sims to keep without having a sim use the camera. A tripod mod or something. I'd like to take family photos, but I always have to add an extra sim into my household to take the picture if I want an actually nice picture using pose player and not the randomly generated version from a rabbit hole or seasonal fairgrounds.
Test Subject
#887 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 6:57 PM
For CAS, the ability to apply accessories (e.g. glasses) to all outfits and turn ons/turn offs based on stuff such as looks, hobbies, and traits.

Functional monkey bars for children for them to swing (and fall) on, teenagers can hang out on them.

Functional wheelchairs. You can assign sims to wheelchairs and they will move in their wheelchair instead of walking there and they will sit in their wheelchair instead of standing there for their idle.

I think there should be a mod where parents can call the school to say their child is sick so the child won't be punished or lose performance for staying home while ill. I think children should also be able to call in fake sick (or real sick if they are actually sick) and try to convince their parents to call the school saying they're sick.

For celebrities, the paparazzi is annoying as hell. You become a 1 star celebrity for cooking like 3 waffles and then some paparazzi pretty much stalks you everywhere. I think paparazzi should be increasingly common, starting from almost nonexistant chance for level 1, then actually common for level 4/5.

Also, I think it would be cool if there was a parenting strictness/styles/dynamics and different discipline mod. There could be strict parents who would yell and ground their kids for not doing homework, and then lenient parents who rarely punish their kids. Also, there should be different forms of scolding like there is in TS4:Parenthood, where you can either be calm, firm or strict in warning/punishing children.

There's probably more for gameplay at the back of my head but I can't think of them right now.
Field Researcher
#888 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 10:17 PM
For slobs, I wish there was a TS3 equivalent to TwoJeffs' TS2 mod "No Belching or Farting" that would get rid of the gross idle animations.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Field Researcher
#889 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by supermeatboy

I think there should be a mod where parents can call the school to say their child is sick so the child won't be punished or lose performance for staying home while ill. I think children should also be able to call in fake sick (or real sick if they are actually sick) and try to convince their parents to call the school saying they're sick.

You inspired me to make this mod! Hopefully it's what you had in mind https://modthesims.info/d/685964/sc...hool-clubs.html
Lab Assistant
#890 Old Yesterday at 1:51 AM
I wish there were Sims 3 mods to:

prevent Sims from putting babies down on the ground when it's winter in the game

remove all accessories being worn at once in CAS, instead of needing to go through the list and find whatever accessories a sim is wearing and click on them to remove each

either allow you to change the lot order to alphabetical for families/houses/community lots or search them like Lazy Duchess's Catalog Search for buy mode

an updated mod similar to Consort's Grow that would also work on toddlers so they'd start out small like the resizer toddlers people use in storytelling as babies that can do more than actual babies
Inventor
#891 Old Yesterday at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the evil writer
I wish there were Sims 3 mods to:

prevent Sims from putting babies down on the ground when it's winter in the game

remove all accessories being worn at once in CAS, instead of needing to go through the list and find whatever accessories a sim is wearing and click on them to remove each

either allow you to change the lot order to alphabetical for families/houses/community lots or search them like Lazy Duchess's Catalog Search for buy mode

an updated mod similar to Consort's Grow that would also work on toddlers so they'd start out small like the resizer toddlers people use in storytelling as babies that can do more than actual babies

Nraas Dresser may do as you want to remove accys.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
#892 Old Yesterday at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Expect No Mercy
A mod for merged or combined lots like residential and community togehter, or two different community lot types on the same lot.

And a mod to replace the default cars in Roaring Heights (Firetruck, Taxi, Policecar...) with defaults looking like 1930s one.

Hmm, not too sure about the first one but I really hope someone does that. For the second one though, I found this blog full of retro transport overrides. I haven't used them yet myself but I'm playing to in a future save.
If that's what you're looking for, here ya go
https://retrosim.blogspot.com/2019/...d-specials.html
Scholar
#893 Old Yesterday at 7:02 AM
I wish that someone convert Lovestruck romantic interactions to sims3. I know SweetSimmer working on making more romantic interactions, but I really love sims4 animations too.They very cute, and sims3 sims lack more intimacy in general.
Sims 4 dating system look awesome as well.
Test Subject
#894 Old Yesterday at 4:23 PM
I would love a mod that allows for the creation of disabled Sims: such as Sims who are hard of hearing or are blind; Sims that use wheelchairs and crutches; Sims that have a learning or intellectual disability, etc. I know there's some mods that have done it for TS4 and I absolutely love it. I'd love to see something similar in TS3. I think a great start would be making it so that Sims of teen/YA ages could use the canes that came with generations.

I'm not sure how it could be done, but it'd be a dream come true!
Mad Poster
#895 Old Yesterday at 11:04 PM Last edited by igazor : Today at 12:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by robyngoodfellowe
I would love a mod that allows for the creation of disabled Sims: such as Sims who are hard of hearing or are blind...

AwesomeMod includes custom traits for Blind, Incontinent, and Stupid among others. And, to me, it pretty clearly demonstrates why EA chose not go in this direction. What they did with Absent-Minded alone was bad enough.

Sims who are Blind (the AM way) randomly bump into walls and objects as they walk around, with the not so helpful player tip showing "Hey, why don't you get glasses or something." That's about the extent of the trait's reach. Incontinent sims pee themselves, also at random times, embarrassing themselves and disgusting those nearby. I'm sorry, but people who carry these disabilities in real life likely (or hopefully) have better ways to cope with them than that. Way back when I was still an AwesomeMod user, I banned those traits from being assigned because I found them so insulting.

Stupid was a good (but poorly named) trait as what it actually did was impose a learning curve score penalty on the sim whenever they tried to learn or skill up on anything, which just made working with those sims more challenging. I can't remember if it did anything else, like encouraging the sim to start ridiculous arguments or organize a protest at City Hall against the existence of potatoes, but many of them do things like that on their own anyway.

I have a walkstyle mod and accessory cane, not sure if it's still available anymore, that allows sims younger than Elder to walk that way whenever they need to get around and use the cane. There are also Scoliosis and similar sliders that were available at least at one time. It's not great, the sim holds the cane in the "wrong" hand for the way in which they are walking and since it's an accessory, they end up waving it around whenever they sit or lie down unless an outfit change is invoked or until I get annoyed enough to remove it from them manually in CAS/Change Outfit. This I still consider a work in progress, to the extent that I ever have time to actually play the game anymore.

Wheelchairs I think would be a massive endeavor to implement, other than as decor or a chair object to just sit upon, because of the intensive animation creation and scripted replacements that would be required.
Test Subject
#896 Old Today at 9:43 AM
Something that upgrades the Showtime professions a bit - whenever I play these, I get frustrated that they decided to go the "online stuff and katy perry endorsement" route rather than having different singing styles (that in particular! But for example a acrobat specializing themselves a bit more would be fun as well) and some integration with AT LEAST the basegame guitar, if possible a link with the other Late Night instruments if you have both EP's. Come in modders, I see you all do amazing stuff.
Page 36 of 36