Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 7:19 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Error: try for baby/breed pets
I recently started experiencing a weird issue. My Sims will "try for baby" and when the action is almost complete, the game throws an error and I need to pick "reset". It causes the Sims to stand around the bed but no pregnancy. The bedsheet also stays raised, as though there's Sims sleeping there. I'm having a similar issue with pets. They'll go into the pet house to try for baby and then I get an error related to one (or both) of them and the same thing happens (minus the bedsheet part).

I've tried checking for mod conflicts using both the original Hack Conflict Detection Utility and the Plus version but other than a couple of duplicate clothes, nothing was found. I'm at a loss.

I managed to get around it with Sims by using RCC to get a Sim pregnant but... is there a similar thing for pets, at least? Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 8:36 PM
Have you checked if it happens on more than one spesific lot and/or neighborhood?

Have you checked without any mods (make sure to backup your game/neighborhood folder first!)?

Can you post the error log (preferably as a file)? And have you checked if the error log gives any results with the "What caused this" mod by Whoward (pick'n'mix - same place as HCDU+)?

It's possible you'll have to do the good old 50/50 to find the culprit. Rather that than adding another mod on top of whatever is causing the glitch.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you checked if it happens on more than one spesific lot and/or neighborhood?

Have you checked without any mods (make sure to backup your game/neighborhood folder first!)?

Can you post the error log (preferably as a file)? And have you checked if the error log gives any results with the "What caused this" mod by Whoward (pick'n'mix - same place as HCDU+)?

It's possible you'll have to do the good old 50/50 to find the culprit. Rather that than adding another mod on top of whatever is causing the glitch.

Thank you! Yup, it happens in all hoods and households I've played recently. I'll try getting the error to grab the log and check, that helps a lot!