Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 10:12 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to disable specific Maxis clothing & hairs generating on sims?
Sorry if the title looks messy. I specifically want to disable some CAS items from randomizing on my sims. I'm just getting tired of the medieval style Store clothing generating as outerwear for sims.

I assume I'll have to edit them in SimPE, though I think I'll need specific instructions for that - especially since I don't know what the medieval clothing are called in the game files.
Screenshots

"Fancy a glass of Elixir of Life?" – Mortimer Goth, probably
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 3:25 PM
The medieval Store stuff is under 'ep99-Castle-Outfits'. Just delete that file from wherever you installed the Store stuff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The medieval Store stuff is under 'ep99-Castle-Outfits'. Just delete that file from wherever you installed the Store stuff.

I wouldn't want to delete them completely, just disable them for random so that townies or sims who are aging up won't show up with them on.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2024 at 3:47 PM
I don't know how to stop sims aging up into stuff. You might just have to change their clothes.

Almighty Hat has a tutorial that includes townie enabling/disabling clothes and hairs. https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2024 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't know how to stop sims aging up into stuff. You might just have to change their clothes.

Almighty Hat has a tutorial that includes townie enabling/disabling clothes and hairs. https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you