Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:15 PM
Default Style restrictions
In trying to build a house today, I noticed that styles can't be applied to fences. This seems a little odd, considering the extent that you can customize items in virtually every other category. Really, I just want to make my fence white, and yet for some reason--which thoroughly escapes me--, I get a message: "custom styles can't be applied to fences."

Has anyone figured a way around this? Or at the very least, is there any hope of a mod being released that will lift the restriction?

the curious that wander are my prey
they come rolling in to be the heart of my sin
-take their souls and put them in their graves-
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:17 PM
It also confused me the other day that Fences were still set out like the ones in TS2: Each having their own colour, treated as an entirely new object. I kinda found it odd too.
I guess that it has something to do with the fact that Fences have POWAZ to them, and so they aren't really just "normal objects" if you get me... something a bit more, and so just a smidge too complicated

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:18 PM
Fences, stairs, roofs, plants, and small bits and bobs like the fire alarm can't be designed. Stairs were probably planned to have recolours but not CASt as the recolours are present in the game files. Perhaps there was a bug they couldn't pin down with it. No clue whether a mod for it will be possible - there's plenty we did for TS2 that people would have never dreamed possible shortly after the game's release.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.