Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 1:42 AM
Default Temperture Problems
I am having problems trying to get my sims to either freeze from the cold or pass out from the heat. I kept one sim outside for over a day with it snowing constantly (I used the weather machine to make it keep snowing) and nothing happened.

The thermometer dropped so that just the bottom ball bit was blue but nothing happened. Similarly, i kept a guy in a hot tub for ages trying to get him to pass out, his temp rose but nothing happened.

I have removed all my custom content and all my hacks.

What am i doing wrong?
Advertisement
#2 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:20 AM
The only way I could get my sim to freeze was to have her run around outside in her swimwear, it happened fairly fast. Hacks and objects that have to do with your sim changing clothes are supposed to be what messed up their temps though, maybe you have something hiding somewhere.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:23 AM
FeNerd I left a sim outside in their bikini for 5 days and they never turned blue and froze to death. I also tried for 3 days to get a sim to burn up, and it never happened either. Not much help, but I'm having the problem as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:26 AM
Thanks guys!

Ancient melodies > how do you get your sims to go outside in their swimwear? every time i get them to go outside they put their outerwear on.
#5 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:45 AM
I've got the same problem!

I left my sim child outside fishing in his swimming trunks for hours, his temp dropped to blue but did he turn blue or freeze? Nope!

I guess I'll have to check for more hidden hacks - grr.

Let me know if you find the solution!
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:17 AM
I don't think I have hacks that conflict but I cannot get their tempts to sadly low for the life of me! Each one of my Sims have gotten colds already!
#7 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:29 AM
I tried to freeze a sim to death as well... sent her outside for 3 days straight, in the middle of the snow. Locked all the doors to the house so she couldn't get in. Never died. I eventually bool propped and made her die from hail... later on I sent her husband out (who I do NOT want to die) and he began to freeze easily >_>.
#8 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:34 AM
Put them in their swimwear out in the snow and have them build a snowman. That works for me.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:42 AM
my lady went outside during a snow blizzard and decided to change into her swimsuit and jump in the pool and she did not turn blue or anything either and i have not downloaded any kind of "hack" or w/e your talkin about so I don't know why i just got the seasons yesterday.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:45 AM
I would but its winter and its hot outside!! Its annoying as hell!
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xitsyourkissx
my lady went outside during a snow blizzard and decided to change into her swimsuit and jump in the pool and she did not turn blue or anything either and i have not downloaded any kind of "hack" or w/e your talkin about so I don't know why i just got the seasons yesterday.

Because the sims' pools are heated.(Hot tubs too.)

-Elle
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:16 AM
You can die from hail. More realism for the Sims everyday.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Instructor
#13 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:23 AM
Put a cloak stand near the door (or anywhere in the house, I guess) sims will not change into outerwear when it's cold then. Use the cloak stand to change into and out of outerwear.
Scholar
#14 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 8:57 AM
hmm they still change automatically for me with a coat stand ...although i did have a sim ruchsh out when it was freezing to go fishing and he forgot (i guess) to put on his winter clothes and his temp never changed odd..and of course it was the one time i wanted to see it happen /cry

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:11 AM
Maybe some sims are more susceptable than others... I know my boyfriend walked in London at night mid-winter with no shoes on and was fine, while I get cold very easily.

But chances are, its a glitch... I doubt EA went to that much effort to personalize each Sim.
#16 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:01 AM
They freeze alot faster if while they're outside they do something snow related. I had my one guy have a snowball fight, then build a snowman, followed up with making a snow angel, and he froze before I could get him into the house. (Though the 'Warm Up' is amusing, the other sim comes out with a hair dryer)
#17 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:06 AM
My sim has made a snowman, several snow angels and had a snowball fight in his swim wear and he's still not frozen!

Does anyone have an idea as to why this might happen? Could it be a video card problem like the xray cursor and pool reflections? I only ask because neither of those seem to work on my PC.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:19 AM
Put a wardrobe outside make them change into swim wear and make a snowman always works.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:09 PM
I had a sim decide he wanted to sleep on the stone bench in his garden, instead of his nice warm bed, on one of the coldest nights of the winter. ( No idea why)

By morning he was blue and couldn't move until late in the after noon... just in time to run inside and warm up before night again.
#20 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 1:54 PM
i've only played seasons for about an hour but i had no problems getting my sim to freeze in outerwear i just made her go outside make a snow man and make 2 snow angels but i think it helps if your sims in a realy bad mood
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:34 AM
If you can't get it to happen it is very likely a hack interference because my sims make ONE snowman, ONE and they freeze.
#22 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:46 AM
It might just be an object that you have, like a hacked bed, computer, or dresser that effects your sim changing clothes.
#23 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 9:21 AM
I managed to get a sim to go blue! However, it was only when I changed him into his underwear while he was outside in the snow.

I will try removing my custom wardrobes, although I have not been using them on the lots due to the fact they don't work lol.

Perhaps my game is just in a warm climate :hmm:
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 3:31 PM
in my game, while it was winter, a girl froze stiff. of course the social worker had to come, so I quit the game. but when I tried to make an adult overheat (run on the work out machine) his temperature got completely red. nothing else happened, and no overheat.
and does it have to be a heat wave or something for someone in a bikini to overheat or something? I tried. she lay in a chair outside all day, but her temperature didn't even turn red. i've had hail (!) in the summer , but only "comfortable temperature" otherwise.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 4:33 PM
I have the hack where you click on the Sim to change their clothes. I'm thinking that might be some of the reason that I can't get a Sim to freeze or burn, lol.