Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 1:31 AM
Default Unrepo slaved CC objects
I made a recolor for 3 tile table however it seemed become the master of the other two table (2 tiles and 1 tiles). The texture is a bit off, so I prefer them to be un slaved from the master to get the right texture for each just like the master one. How do you guys fix this?
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 5:32 PM
Don't believe there are any tutorials on this. Essentially you need to add the removed resources when an item is repo'd. So add txtr, txmt, mmat; link all those up. Edit the shape, gmnd; and link those up. TBH, it's always best to have things repo'd as it keeps downloads smaller.

I think the issue is you need to remap the smaller tables so they take a texture the same way as the large one.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 12:13 AM
I agree - the main problem is that the textures are squished together because of the UVmapping. The easiest here would be to remap the smaller tables so the textures look better. That way they can continue being repo'd, and you don't need 3 sets of recolors.

There are a lot of tutorials on UVmapping, both in general and depending on which program you want to use. Tables usually aren't dependent on skeletons, so you can remap in most programs that can handle OBJ files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I agree - the main problem is that the textures are squished together because of the UVmapping. The easiest here would be to remap the smaller tables so the textures look better. That way they can continue being repo'd, and you don't need 3 sets of recolors.

There are a lot of tutorials on UVmapping, both in general and depending on which program you want to use. Tables usually aren't dependent on skeletons, so you can remap in most programs that can handle OBJ files.

Thank you HL and Simmer, would you do me a favor the link to the UV mapping using milkshape? I am a novice on meshing so I am kinda confuse on where to start on UV mapping, I take a look on the tutorials but it's kinda confuse me, Thank you in advance :D