Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#15051 Old Today at 1:34 PM
I've been to real, live fisheries before. 5th Grade Science class! You've captured everything but the smell! hahaha
Nice work!

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
NextWorkshop on Oct 10: POSE-TOBER Continues!!!!
In this month-long Workshop series, everything you need to know about making poses!!
Join Now, & Start Creating!
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#15052 Old Today at 2:16 PM
Thank you @grinevilly , glad you like it! In my original version of this neighbourhood (I'm recreating a better version of an old hood), I had a farm house there, but this time I built the farm house on the other side of the road and made it a B&B cottage (hotel with barn dances, meaning disco in the barn!), and added a fish farm. I always loved the Fish Hatchery lot in Sims 3 Riverview, so wanted something of that ilk for my Sims 2 simmies. It's based on a real life fish farm near to where I live.
Mad Poster
#15053 Old Today at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It has two ponds that sims can fish in, a shop that has groceries and fresh fish (although the fish are just decorative at the moment as it needs to be owned to mark them for sale) and a bathroom, and a picnic area outside with grill. There is also a swimming pool bit (meant to be trout raceways) and sims can swim there. It has a deco car park too where you could put dummy cars or invisible parking spaces. Pics attached!

It looks really cool!

So, if you put something on an OFB shelf it won't get automatically set for sale if it's a non owned lot?

You could put some of the lake fish here in the swimming pools. http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...mslice/objects/

I wish TS2 had something like the rental shack that Sims 1 had, where you could rent a fishing rod and the owner could get the money from it.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#15054 Old Today at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
So, if you put something on an OFB shelf it won't get automatically set for sale if it's a non owned lot?

No, it needs to be owned. Of course, if I populated the hood then I could have a townie own the lot and set them for sale.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You could put some of the lake fish here in the swimming pools. http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org...mslice/objects/

I wish TS2 had something like the rental shack that Sims 1 had, where you could rent a fishing rod and the owner could get the money from it.

Thanks Charity, but this is totally vanilla as I plan to upload it here (and prefer to let players choose their own CC and improve my lots for themselves). When I play it for myself there will be loads of CC added, so I'll grab these!

Tony Veis made a 'catch of the Day' Sims 4 food stand conversion, I'll bet you could use moveobjects to slot a bandatron in there, so your sims could buy a ticket to fish as well as buying a fish from the kiosk.
Test Subject
#15055 Old Today at 4:39 PM
Because I dont think we have enough bad things... I was thinking about natural disasters like a hurricane or a tornado.

I imagine a notification from the weather guy... alert hurricane incoming or something.

then here would be heavy rain for a whole day thunder lightning storm, then lots of puddles and trash (weeds and bugs too lol) would appear everywhere on the lot
and most of the electric appliances would be broken (something like the power outage escenario)
and I dont think if its possible but have random walls removed or missing roof tiles so the environment is totally in red.

also because I like drama all the sims in aspiration failure... general distress and with a new filthy overlay... like the burnt one

oh gods my poor simmies...
Page 603 of 603