Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#13251 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 5:29 PM
Nice! And deservedly!
Advertisement
Instructor
#13252 Old Today at 2:34 PM
Growing up playing Sims 2 and realizing as an adult that my body type is the 'fat' adult female and how ridiculous 2000s beauty standards were. For context, I'm a size M, tall and often called slim or athletic, but I look exactly like the 'fat' adult when I'm relaxed after lunch. As a kid I though it was genuinely fat and the thumbnail showed an obese person. I'm happy that I wasn't a teen in the 2000s cause that kind of mentality would've destroyed me.
Mad Poster
#13253 Old Today at 2:43 PM
I don't think I ever thought the TS2 "fat" sims were fat, but I agree that the 2000s body standards were absolutely insane! It all seemed to get worse and worse and reach a peak and then someone was like no, no more of this.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13254 Old Today at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
Growing up playing Sims 2 and realizing as an adult that my body type is the 'fat' adult female and how ridiculous 2000s beauty standards were.

I think this was more to do with the restrictions of the game- Maxis couldn't afford the extra animations that would have been neccessitated by adding larger bodies, so chose to keep the 'fat' model quite slim. You can see the problems they would have had if you play with some of the custom large bodyshapes. For a similar reason they just have one height for each age stage. Even in 2004 I thought the 'fat' body wasn't fat (and that seemed to be the consensus amongst players on the forums I frequented) - so I don't think beauty standards then were any more ridiculous than they are now.
Page 531 of 531