Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2024 at 12:54 PM
Sims 3 on Mac keeps crashing (with mods)
I have all the main Packs and whenever I play with Mods it keeps crashing. The time of how long I am able to play keeps changing but it's maybe a lil bit longer than 30 min which I am not even sure about. Please help I've installed the 64-Bit Version with help from EA I've also emptied the Caches with the Origin Reset App. I've only downloaded NRAAS and The SweetSimmer Mods
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Aug 2024 at 1:57 AM
You'll want to ask in the Help section, as Modding Discussion is for discussing the creation of mods.
Or, if a moderator sees this before then could they please move it for you?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 9:17 AM
The 64bit Mac version is just mess. I just gave up cause the game has huge issues that can't be fixed. Windows version is way more stable. You can try installing Windows version of TS3 with Crossover (paid)/Whisky (free) if you have Apple Silicon Mac (M1 and newer CPU). It's software that allows you to run Windows apps on Mac. If you have Mac with Intel CPU just install Windows via Bootcamp.The performance won't be as good as the Mac version but you won't encounter the broken stuff in Mac version (can't click on ocean, can't collect bugs/gemstones/seeds, purple lines around sim portraits and inventory items, can't change resolution to make UI bigger, broken terrain paint and dozens more)