Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 9:46 AM
Default The Rings of Power: A success of or a flop?
I have never watched the show, but there are so many negative reviews on youtube that are not just stating that the show is trash. These videos point out serious flaws within the show. There are also illogical things happening like characters surviving falls from large mountains while other characters survive being stabbed multiple times.

The show (The Rings of Power) is like a prequel to the Lord of the Rings, but the writers have changed some bits of lore from the movies and the books. Some consider it to be disrespectful to Tolkien's work.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 12:20 AM
Absolutely no idea how this one is, but if I get the chance to see it I'm likely to check it out.

My own experience with book-to-movie/series or inspired-by-book series/movies is that they rarely do it "by the book, page by page", and they'll always make sure to take whatever creative freedom they can. Sometimes too little, but most of the time a bit too much. Some creative freedom is needed, as translating between book and screen isn't always easy, plus there are time constraints as well.

If you have the opportunity to watch some episodes, it's better to make up your own mind about it. If you want to know what other people have to say, there's always reviews on Youtube and sites like Rotten Tomatoes, if you find that helpful. Pleople are always going to disagree whether a concept is good or not.

Personally, I prefer to make up my own mind, at least if I have the opportunity to watch the movie/series without adding another costly streaming service to the pile (if not, I tend to look up clips and fair reviews). I don't always mind if there are some obvious flaws here and there, as long as it doesn't completely ruin the experience (fantasy often tend to be a bit unrealistic, and main characters tend to have some extra gears and health points, so surviving seemingly mpossible things isn't uncommon).