Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#34526 Old Today at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
But if there's no chef there, then I turn on Testing Chests Enabled, right-click on the restaurant stove, select "Force Error", and then choose "Reset" in the dialogue box that appears. In my experience the chef then always appears and starts cooking normally. So I suggest you do the same and similarly try right-clicking on the Shiny Tyme cooktop, and see if it makes the dorm cook appear.

The reason why I think my fix might not work for uni cooks is that, in dorms at least, the cook doesn't spawn beside her stove. Instead she seems to spawn at the portal, at about 4:30 in the morning. She then walks into the dorm and opens up the cafeteria at about 5 a.m.

I might simply try to summon the cook using Simblender instead of waiting for him to arrive. Hopefully he will then go to the kitchen and behave normally
I guess the reason whe he doesn't spawn right in front of the stove is because that does not work well with defined working hours

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They definitely do; it's just non-UNI hoods they won't show up in at all. There is a wait after the playable reaches the lot before the cook shows up, but I have never timed it. They leave at the same time the dorm cook leaves the dorm, and show up on community lots at any time during the cook's regular dorm hours, but they're never in place to start with.

That's exactly what observed, so it confirms it's likely not one of my mods interferring or due to the way I designed the lot
Page 1382 of 1382