Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 8:31 AM
A part of me feels rather relieved that I was cut from the final round... room design alone isn't my strong suit, but outdoor decor really drives me nuts! I'm honestly surprised that I made it as far as I did.

I'll say this much though, this was a neat contest with some VERY stiff competition. When it came time to make my entries, I was reluctant every round to even submit my pics after seeing the designs others had come up with. It still amazes me the amount of variety stemming from one common theme.

My personal favorites were gemini2281's bedroom, Loverat's bathroom, Lethe_s's living room, and Ms. Useless Knowledge's 50's kitchen/nengi65's 70's kitchen.

'Course, that's just my opinion. Hope no-one feels offended by that.

Good luck to those remaining contestants! I'll be watching for the results!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 2:07 PM
I might enter in the next contest if LyricLee make it
#228 Old 11th Feb 2006 at 10:41 PM
This was a really fun contest, and evern though I didn't make it for any of the other rounds, I still created them as they were posted. Plus, this gave me a legitimate reason to download more stuff. Good luck to the last contestants. I can't wait for the next contest.
#229 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 11:56 AM
LOL Loverat. :howdy:
Test Subject
#230 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 2:42 PM
I just wanted to compliment everyone on fabulous rooms and I don't envy the judges trying to choose between them. I can certainly understand why I didn't continue on past the bedroom round. I have however, been following this contest am still completing each room as they go. I want to thank LyricLee for running this and look forward to trying my hand at future contests, it has been a lot of fun.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#231 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 2:42 AM
winners have been posted
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 3:44 AM
Congrats to all!!! I have been watching this great contest and have enjoyed seeing how the talented decorators give the rooms a life of their own. I can't wait for the next contest like this by LyricLee...she has done a great job putting this whole thing together.

Live each day like it's your last!

#233 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 3:02 PM
Congratulations! And thank you for such fun. I so loved meshing, searching and recolouring items to finish my home, even after getting bumped from the running - wonderful seeing everyone elses entries as well, such lovely work!
#234 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 7:50 PM
Thanks for such a great time! I love looking for new downloads, and this was really cool and challenging, looking for specific theme-related items. I also gave myself a further challenge - I only used downloads that were free. So it is great to know that there are thousands of downloads out there that are available if you don't want to pay for a membership somewhere!

I think my downloads folder is up to 14,000 now - and I have been cleaning it out pretty regularly over the past year. I am really a downloadaholic!

Ms. Useless
#235 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 9:08 PM
Great contest!!i can;t wait for the next one...do you know when it is going to be posted so that i can look out for it?
Field Researcher
#236 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 9:38 PM
Congrats to all the winners!:D

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Fluffy
retired moderator
#237 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 1:01 PM
All hail the new godesses Ms Useless Knowledge and Nengi!
Congrats to everyone in the contest, really, it's been great fun, and gave me tons of new ideas.
Cordaen's bathroom especially, is proving to be pretty inspiring to me right now. (gasp! a teaser?)
On to the next one Lyric!
#238 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 10:10 PM
any idea when lyric?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#239 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 10:15 PM
in a bit chique im finishing some projects and then i have to figure out roundsand rules for the next one... soon tho, just keep your eyes peeled here
#240 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 6:13 PM
ok..great..i can't wait
PS: sory if i was being to pushy:S

EDIT:my eyes are peeled but im not seeing anything
#241 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 10:24 PM
My eyes are peeled too. Its getting hard to wait, when are we gonna see the next contest? It was absolutely addictive and Me wants more of it! :bow2:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#242 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 9:19 AM
Aww im sorry guys- theres been sooo mcuh to do lately- perhaps this week ill come up with a short and speedy home make over contest- maybe do two rooms at once or something I promise there will beanother one give me a week or two ok.... thanks
#243 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 9:09 PM
YAY, i can;t wait!
#244 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:55 AM
I am eager to try again as well! Woo Hoo for LyricLee!
Page 10 of 10