Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2024 at 10:27 AM
Default Sims Hidden Lore
What's some sims 2 hidden lore you know about? Maybe something behind the scenes..or even in the game!

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Test Subject
#2 Old Yesterday at 2:52 AM
Apparently Brandi Broke's first name was originally supposed to be "Bunny", but was deemed to be going too far... for some reason. Do they mean like a Playboy Bunny?
Mad Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivrats Dargy
Apparently Brandi Broke's first name was originally supposed to be "Bunny", but was deemed to be going too far... for some reason. Do they mean like a Playboy Bunny?

No, not quite....it's very subtle. Think of rabbits.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Test Subject
#4 Old Yesterday at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
No, not quite....it's very subtle. Think of rabbits.

I thought of that reason as well, still doesn't feel inappropriate all things considered since she currently shares a name with a type of alcohol and likes grape juice.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old Yesterday at 1:30 PM
Bunny also goes very well with the "All-American" sitcomy names and characters the wanted for Pleasantview (Skip, Beau, Darren, Mary-Sue...).

Speaking of Pleasantview, I think the same developer that mentioned the Bunny thing, Jake Simpson, also said the Dreamers were supposed to be a gay couple, the first same-sex couple of The Sims franchise. Seems like the world, or rather EA, was not prepared yet.

Have you ever stopped to think about same-sex or alternative relationships on the franchise?? Give or take some implied relationships, the only explicit ones came with Roaring Heights, the last world for TS3.

And then, we had to wait until "Cats & Dogs" in TS4 (in 2017!) for a same-sex family -which were actually quite publicized on the trailers for the game. Since then, almost every world in TS4's had a non-conventional family.

Come to think of it, the growing acceptance of alternative orientations may be one of the few real-life social changes that have affected The Sims. I can't think of anything else!!!
Mad Poster
#6 Old Yesterday at 4:03 PM Last edited by FranH : Yesterday at 4:13 PM.
Quote:
Come to think of it, the growing acceptance of alternative orientations may be one of the few real-life social changes that have affected The Sims. I can't think of anything else!!!

EA has been ahead of the curve on that particular issue for a very, very long time. Sims 2 was literally the ground breaking one and when EA was challenged by groups to change it, they refused.

Just because EA only lately introduced the idea to Sims 4 does not mean it has not been in the game forever. Sims 4 has literally been the least effort expended in any game and the milking they've done to that iteration is absolutely shameless.
This particular article discusses what happened when Russia tried to influence EA to drop the sexual nature.

https://theconversation.com/trailbl...%20relationship.
Quote:
"Electronic Arts has responded to Russia’s strict censoring by stating the game will not be amended to appease conservative classification laws. Deborah Coster, spokesperson for the franchise said:

2012:
Quote:
As many of our fans know, EA believes that fostering an inclusive culture helps us not only create the best games, but also represent our diverse customer base. That's why we’re excited to announce that June will be LGBT Pride Month at EA. Join us this month as we celebrate our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender colleagues, consumers, friends, and families.

https://www.ea.com/news/ea-celebrates-lgbt-pride-month

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Lol imagine a whole story about the murder of "Bunny's" husband

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old Yesterday at 10:54 PM
I thought of that reason as well, still doesn't feel inappropriate all things considered since she currently shares a name with a type of alcohol and likes grape juice.

Maybe she's broke because she's an alcohol addict? Might make more sense because wouldn't Brandy be more of an expensive alcoholic drink? I don't know much about alcohol and its prices so I can be wrong

It could be like a joke - oh she's named after an expensive luxurious drink but shes actually a brokeyyyy

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ed95
also said the Dreamers were supposed to be a gay couple, the first same-sex couple of The Sims franchise. Seems like the world, or rather EA, was not prepared yet.

IMAGINE the drama they could've made out of Darren Dreamer being gay after his wife died

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Mad Poster
#10 Old Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Apparently Brandi Broke's first name was originally supposed to be "Bunny", but was deemed to be going too far...

...and yet "She enjoys grape juice and crumpling tin foil" was completely fine

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#11 Old Today at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
...and yet "She enjoys grape juice and crumpling tin foil" was completely fine

Not to mention that some have speculated that her bedroom is decorated the way it is, and the reason Beau sleeps in the hallway, is because she *ahem* provides "special services" for others at an adequate price.