Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2024 at 10:02 PM
Default Accessing Secret Society Hidden Sub-hood
I hope I am posting in the right forum; it's been years since I've made a post. Please forgive me if I am in the wrong place. It took me 6 hours to rebuild and decorate the secret society lot in my university neighborhood. I wanted the lot to look more like a cultural center than a residential or spooky old house. After I saved the lot and sent the Sim home, I got a sinking feeling when I realized that because I edited the lot in-game I wasn't able to save a copy of the lot. I exited the game and opened SimPE and made the lot so it would be visible in game. When I loaded the game, the lot was visible, but it was the original unedited lot that I used when I created the university neighborhood. I guess I guess I should mention that I play a custom neighborhood, with one sub-hood, 3 custom vacation neighborhoods (including custom secret vacation lots) and custom university. I was so confused and a bit sad when I realized my error. I exited the game, loaded SimPE and hid the lot, went back in-game and sent the Sim back to the SS lot. The lot was intact with all of the changes that I made; I was relieved, yet disappointed because I don't have a copy of the lot for my files. I realize that I should have edited the lot by making it visible in the neighborhood and then rebuilt it, decorated and saved, hindsight is always 20/20

Is it possible to access the secret society hidden sub-hood to make a copy of the lot and how would I do that. I've also, often wondered about being able to do this for other reasons, like adding some trees or other neighborhood decorations. Thanks, in advance for assistance and feedback.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2024 at 10:39 PM
It isn't in a subhood. It's in a specific place in the neighborhood. You build it in the neighborhood and when it's finished, you change the lot zoning to "secret society." I'm trying to remember how to change it back and forth; it seems as if there was a way but I'm not remembering it. Something you could do from the neighborhood screen. It's probably in my LGU development notes but those are pretty thoroughly buried.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2024 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It isn't in a subhood. It's in a specific place in the neighborhood. You build it in the neighborhood and when it's finished, you change the lot zoning to "secret society." I'm trying to remember how to change it back and forth; it seems as if there was a way but I'm not remembering it. Something you could do from the neighborhood screen. It's probably in my LGU development notes but those are pretty thoroughly buried.

Hi Peni, thanks for responding, however, all is well; it seems that I should have actually entered the lot instead of looking at it from the neighborhood view. I realized my error, after I had already posted my ask when I loaded the game again. Once I entered the lot, I saw that my changes were updated, I saved and packaged the lot to file. The lot has updated in the neighborhood view as well the picture in Simpe. I was really hoping that no one responded so I could delete my post. I'm feeling a little silly, going to blame it on lack of sleep. I have a few changes to make which will be much easier without Sims in my way. I will then save the updated file and hide the lot again which I do in Simpe. However, the lot although built in the University neighborhood, when hidden is in a sub-hood of the University neighborhood. It's that surrounding area once the SS lot is loaded, I'd like to be able to decorate.
Theorist
#4 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
the lot although built in the University neighborhood, when hidden is in a sub-hood of the University neighborhood
It's my first time hearing about this. Perhaps you think it's in a sub-subhood because once you load the SS lot, the lot skirt (neighbors, hood deco surrounding the lot etc.) is missing/different?

I think it has to do with the lot being hidden. When it's hidden and you wish to visit it, it hides everything around it and then it becomes temporarily unhidden. I believe it's because with Nightlife and up, you can see the neighboring buildings and deco, and since the lot is hidden in neighborhood view, once you actually visited it, it would maybe even show a building on top of the SS lot, intersecting it. To prevent that goofiness, everything just gets hidden from the neighborhood before you visit.