Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 11:08 AM
Default What does mesh line up with?
Is anyone in a position to tell me - in a multi-tile object, what is the origin of the chief node in the mesh considered to be in terms of the tiles of an object? Is it the centre of the lead tile? The centre of the tile at 0,0? One corner of one of these tiles?

Or looked at another way, if I made an two tile object with in-world tiles at 0,0 and 0,1 and made 0,1 the lead tile (even maxis does not always use 0,0 as the lead tile) and all the position values in the CRES set to 0, and I then made a small mesh exactly on the axes origin point in Milkshape, how would the object sit on the tiles in the game?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 12:53 PM
Center of lead tile is (0,0,0). So you should move mesh in Milkshape accordingly.
If (0,1) as lead tile, and center of mesh at the center of (0,0) tile, the object would be shifted...um... backward, I guess. Because I have object with (1,0) as center, and it was shifted right.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 1:18 PM
So the mesh relates to the "lead" tile (the one flagged as lead tile in its OBJD)rather than the tile called "0,0" (if they are not the same tile)?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:08 PM
Yes. Figured it out through experimenting