Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
but most use the taxi, as I don't have the EPs that allow walking to school/work/lots. It's something I would like, but not enough to put up with all the other things I'd get with those EPs.

What bad things are in later EPs?

Finally I see no rational reason why anyone would pay thousands of Simoleons to buy a car, when they live in a place with a free taxi service. Except perhaps that kind of fortune Sim, who just want to show off that they've got money to waste.

What do you do with your Fortune sims if they want to buy cars?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 21st Jul 2024 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What bad things are in later EPs?

Same, also curious what are these bad things Andrew?

As for me, I would not be without every single EP and SP and what they bring to the game. *clutches*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#28 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 9:56 AM Last edited by topp : 22nd Jul 2024 at 10:09 AM.
I then have about 7 minutes walk to the 'bus stop, an average of about 6 minutes to wait for the 'bus (It's a good service) and then maybe 7-8 minutes 'bus journey to the nearest High Street shops. I think it's quite good, but it's not instant.
I also live in the suburbs! However it takes me roughly an hour and a half - 90 minutes - (counting at least 3 transfers) to get downtown by bus and tram.

On the other hand, it takes me 20 minutes to do that by car.

As much as I'd like to use the car only for emergencies, the negative feedback loop of the public transport and quality of the transportation infrastructure here made it the opposite (if it's a financial emergency, I guess I'll take the bus instead of filling up the car tank). Otherwise it's a no-brainer.

Reading this myself, I sound like I come from USA. I'm from central Europe.

I'm not sure for how long this will last until the entire city explodes and gets deadlocked. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this way and contributing to the problem further; the roads remained the very same capacity as they were 50 years ago, when the cars were quite rare (compared to probably having over 1 car p/c today).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#29 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 2:14 PM
To be fair, I don't think Andrew specified that anything was bad about the things you get with later EPs. Perhaps he just does not want the features which are added, which is perfectly fine.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
To be fair, I don't think Andrew specified that anything was bad about the things you get with later EPs. Perhaps he just does not want the features which are added, which is perfectly fine.

'Put up with' does imply bad. I'm just curious, because you can mod out anything you don't like and you get a lot of extra stuff that you probably would like.
Alchemist
#31 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 12:42 AM
Exactly! Whenever I can I try to encourage Andrew to install a later EP like AL or MG so at the very least he doesn't have to worry about mod versions anymore, let alone all the other cool new mods that would be available.

I still think either MG or AL would be worth it as neither would bring such huge changes that you couldn't ignore them like say the FT hobby want spam. It's quite easy to ignore apartments altogether, but the items and Belladonna are worth it, imo. And you can mod out witches. (Though honestly I try to make the Summerdreams witches whenever I'm in Veronaville.) But if that's really too much, MG is right there with just new items.

But of course as someone who has played with all EPs and SPs for a very long time, I am biased. Even with all the annoyances, I really like later EPs like Seasons and FT. And BV is always good for a get away every now and then. And it did give us walking!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Exactly! Whenever I can I try to encourage Andrew to install a later EP like AL or MG so at the very least he doesn't have to worry about mod versions anymore, let alone all the other cool new mods that would be available.

I still think either MG or AL would be worth it as neither would bring such huge changes that you couldn't ignore them like say the FT hobby want spam. It's quite easy to ignore apartments altogether, but the items and Belladonna are worth it, imo. And you can mod out witches. (Though honestly I try to make the Summerdreams witches whenever I'm in Veronaville.) But if that's really too much, MG is right there with just new items.

But of course as someone who has played with all EPs and SPs for a very long time, I am biased. Even with all the annoyances, I really like later EPs like Seasons and FT. And BV is always good for a get away every now and then. And it did give us walking!

I can't imagine playing without Pets! And I have modded out all the Freetime hobby spam.
Instructor
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 7:35 PM
AL is probably my favourite expansion after NL! I couldn't live without apartments now and Belladonna Cove is probably my favourite premade hood and definitely my favourite of the expansion hoods. Witches are the supernaturals I use the most, or second because I had a Plantsim phase in like 2015 lol. Vending machines are a must in my community lots. I love social groups and I even have a mod that allows playables to be part of social groups too.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I can't imagine playing without Pets! And I have modded out all the Freetime hobby spam.

Yes! I love having pets and I modded out FT hobby spam, probably back in 2009.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Even with all the annoyances,

You mod out annoyances.

@AndrewGloria We need to know what exactly is annoying you about the later EPs?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2