Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 8:16 PM
Default Trying to play with rotational aging
So I just recently played the console versions of this game and since they were so much fun I decided to give this game a try again. I only had it for a brief time before I bought TS2 when I was younger. I just got a bunch of nice CC, so the graphics don't even bother me that much.

It is a lot of fun, but I find myself unable to play for long without the rotation playstyle I got used to in TS2 (same reason why I can't play TS3 for long). I have sort of devised a system on how to do it, which goes like this:
-Adults live for 60 days, kids for 20 (may change this later).
-I play each lot for 5 days.
-I use the season changer from simlogical, each season lasts 5 days.
-Once an adult reaches 50 days, they can no longer have children.
-Once an adult's time is up I kill them with various hacked objects. When the kid's time is up I grow them up.
-I use hacked wardrobes and SimMetamorphoser to change their appearance when they grow up from baby to kid/kid to adult.

This actually works pretty well! We don't have as many lifestages as we did in later games, but we can simulate a generational town with those steps fairly well.

Thing is, so far I've been growing up kids with the makin' magic spell, but it's getting annoying because I don't want all of my sims to be witches. I searched around and found out there used to be a hacked cake to make kids grow up, but it seems to be gone. There's a sims 1 graveyard, but I don't feel like making 10 useless forum posts just to get that. So does anyone know any other hacked object I can get to allow me to grow up sim children?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:04 PM
That's a very interesting idea. That's how I used to play Sims 2 as well. I think there were some hacks that did this long ago. I'll keep my eyes open. Maybe Sim Enhancer? Not that I want to pay for freakin sims 1 content though.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 6:00 PM
That sounds pretty freaking cool, but it also vaguely reminds me of the government setup in "The Giver" (book). Lol :D
Forum Resident
#4 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 3:58 PM
Where is this Sims 1 graveyard? I am installing The Sims back on my PC in the next few days and am looking for a dress from welldressedsim.

I've found it on waybackmachine but can't download it.